BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Backend flash + Jb4?

07-23-2019, 03:08 PM   #23
gtenedio
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '%E2%80%9909 e92 m3, '19 X3, %

Quote:
Originally Posted by F90BSM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtenedio View Post
f90_FTW any luck with running DME and JB parallel?
I've got dme and JB4 parallel, works very good for me but I can't seem to figure out a bogus cel code which isn't reading anything but tends to not want to go away ever. I like JB4 bc it gives me the options to data log my car which is very important when you tune your car or run race fuels so I know how my car is running. Does anyone else have the the issue with cel code not going away?
put your car in diagnostic mode, and press clear codes a few times on your JB4.
      07-24-2019, 09:44 AM   #24
Fuel-It!
Banned
Rep
Drives: M4, M5, M2C, X4M, 440i, etc...

Quote:
I've got dme and JB4 parallel, works very good for me but I can't seem to figure out a bogus cel code which isn't reading anything but tends to not want to go away ever. I like JB4 bc it gives me the options to data log my car which is very important when you tune your car or run race fuels so I know how my car is running. Does anyone else have the the issue with cel code not going away?
Just email them the BMS owner daily drives an F90 I'm sure he can help you tune it up and sort it out!
Appreciate 1
F90BSM568.50
      07-24-2019, 01:38 PM   #25
F90BSM5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Man I've tried that about two dozen times and nothing works. I also messaged burger tuning on their main IG account and they never even responded. I never dealt with them directly before but if this is how they treat their customers, I will never buy another product of theirs in the future. My main issues are A) not fully understanding what's causing the cel to come on and B) $120K car with a f$@)&ng cel light on.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      07-24-2019, 02:00 PM   #26
Fuel-It!
Banned
Rep

Rather than contacting their unmonitored IG account why not email their support team at support@burgertuning.com or ask in the main F90 JB4 support thread?

Diagnostic mode is 3 button presses without foot on brake so all lights turn on dash without engine starting.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 02:30 PM   #27
gtenedio
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '%E2%80%9909 e92 m3, '19 X3, %

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Man I've tried that about two dozen times and nothing works. I also messaged burger tuning on their main IG account and they never even responded. I never dealt with them directly before but if this is how they treat their customers, I will never buy another product of theirs in the future. My main issues are A) not fully understanding what's causing the cel to come on and B) $120K car with a f$@)&ng cel light on.
terry@burgertuning.com

they're pretty quick to respond via email.

i would switch to map 0 first, then 3 clicks diag mode, and then try a few times clearing.

if it clears, disconnect jb and drive a few cycles without to see if it reappears.
if it does- might be a real CEL and not a false reading...
      07-24-2019, 03:07 PM   #28
F90BSM5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
terry@burgertuning.com

they're pretty quick to respond via email.

i would switch to map 0 first, then 3 clicks diag mode, and then try a few times clearing.

if it clears, disconnect jb and drive a few cycles without to see if it reappears.
if it does- might be a real CEL and not a false reading...
That's a great idea. Will talk to dme and make sure the bef is ok without JB4 companion for time being and see if the JB4 itself is the problem. I'll email terry also in meantime. Thanks for the idea man 🍻
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 04:15 PM   #29
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
That's a great idea. Will talk to dme and make sure the bef is ok without JB4 companion for time being and see if the JB4 itself is the problem. I'll email terry also in meantime. Thanks for the idea man ��
PM Me the code you're getting
I've noticed my neighbor's getting a code with no description I hooked up my laptop with iSTA+ and it shows whats the code so if its the same i'll let you know

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 1
F90BSM568.50
      07-24-2019, 09:47 PM   #30
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
I emailed Terry asking for his input on this a few mins back. He just replied saying he already assisted via email and they concluded the code is being thrown by the flash.

F90BSM5 could you corroborate, please, and update the thread one way or the other... thanks!

Last edited by limeypride; 07-24-2019 at 10:14 PM..
Appreciate 1
F90BSM568.50
      07-31-2019, 05:25 PM   #31
MWcoupe
24k GOLD
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M4

Anyone with jb or jb4 have problem with their sport meter not reading HP properly. When I install my stage 1 I feel lack of power and the meter clearly doesn't go pass 500hp. Once I take it off it shoots pass 600hp. Burger is telling me the meter is not accurate... anyone else have this problem with their sport meter.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 06:05 PM   #32
FloridaM5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Comp RWD

Garage List
  [5.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWcoupe View Post
Anyone with jb or jb4 have problem with their sport meter not reading HP properly. When I install my stage 1 I feel lack of power and the meter clearly doesn't go pass 500hp. Once I take it off it shoots pass 600hp. Burger is telling me the meter is not accurate... anyone else have this problem with their sport meter.
Did it throw any codes?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 06:07 PM   #33
MWcoupe
24k GOLD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaM5 View Post
Quote:
Did it throw any codes?
I have this but it's not tune related. But once I take out tune I keep better power
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 06:26 PM   #34
FloridaM5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [5.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did it throw any codes?
I have this but it's not tune related. But once I take out tune I keep better power
I'm not so concerned about the number shown on your sport meter. those are calculated values ( I think) and how they are calculated probably doesn't deal properly with the piggys trickery. had the same in my amg, but I didn't actually lose real power. hit up bms again...instead of having them comment on the gauges, have them focus on your perceived lack of power. if the car is more sluggish with the stage 1 installed, it's gotta be an install issue or an issue with your particular unit.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 06:28 PM   #35
MWcoupe
24k GOLD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did it throw any codes?
I'm not so concerned about the number shown on your sport meter. those are calculated values ( I think) and how they are calculated probably doesn't deal properly with the piggys trickery. had the same in my amg, but I didn't actually lose real power. hit up bms again...instead of having them comment on the gauges, have them focus on your perceived lack of power. if the car is more sluggish with the stage 1 installed, it's gotta be an install issue or an issue with your particular unit.
Was confirmed by bms that connection is correct. Will have to borrow someone's draggy
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 06:29 PM   #36
FloridaM5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [5.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did it throw any codes?
Was confirmed by bms that connection is correct. Will have to borrow someone's draggy
there you go. that should give you the truth.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 06:32 PM   #37
MWcoupe
24k GOLD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did it throw any codes?
Just trying to figure out if piggy does that to other user. Cause I've seen piggy rubbing proper sport gauge. Just odd that once I uninstall it the sport gauge works properly and I can feel the kick in power
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 06:37 PM   #38
FloridaM5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [5.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did it throw any codes?
Just trying to figure out if piggy does that to other user. Cause I've seen piggy rubbing proper sport gauge. Just odd that once I uninstall it the sport gauge works properly and I can feel the kick in power
cool. I can check tomorrow if no one responds prior to then.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 07:30 PM   #39
Fuel-It!
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Maybe Stage1 is pushing too much boost for your fuel quality? Did you give it a day or two to adapt?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 08:04 PM   #40
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The gauges do not properly reflect tuned power output so they're a red herring here.

Are you JB or fully JB4?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 08:05 PM   #41
MWcoupe
24k GOLD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
The gauges do not properly reflect tuned power output so they're a red herring here.

Are you JB or fully JB4?
Just jb, just odd that it's showing less power than stock...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 08:12 PM   #42
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just jb, just odd that it's showing less power than stock...
That's tough to hook up incorrectly given the limited number of cables and I'd expect the car to be throwing a fault or two of you did.

Is it newly-purchased? If so, this is so unusual, I'd simply ask them for a replacement. Payam is my go-to guy and the company as a whole is always helpful in these rare scenarios (once for me).

You should be able to feel stage 1 with the butt dyno; ignore the gauges--they're gimmicks at best in my experience.

"Odd" is an understatement--utterly pointless is closer to the mark.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 03:59 PM   #43
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Meeting up with MWcoupe to see the difference between his Stage1 and my Stock Tune but with Full 3.5 Downpipes w/ Dragy

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 11:39 AM   #44
f90_FTW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

So I took the car to the track. Was a hot day. IAT was around 117-120ish. Was able to run a 10.9 beat run.

This was accomplished by running map seven and MS 109. Jb4 tune only. And FBO.

60 ft was good. 1/4 mile was good. But has dragy running also. And it recorded me 100-200khm at 7.2 seconds??? What's up with that?? Seems extremely slow to me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0