BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Megan Downpipes

05-24-2019, 01:50 PM   #23
Xx 335Mangaki xX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 12 550xi

I have a lower used set for $275 shipped if anyone is interested in rolling the dice.....
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 07:06 PM   #24
KellerPerformance
Private
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M ARMY View Post
Sounds like I touched a button there. I expected better from a vendor on the forum. Please don't attack people and there opinion if you don't really know my background or what I do. Everyone has their own opinion regarding product and pricing. Im sorry if your overhead cost and accessories is a lot but that's part of business. Consumers see the comments that vendors make, telling the consumer you know , you don't know anything about my business or my cost or anything regarding the industry is based off of your assumption. And also realize that your not the only vendor that has downpipes are over the $2k range. I work the government in automotive sector so I know so called true cost. But good luck Keller. Never once called you out for your product. Now I'll never buy it
Because you're assuming costs, and misleading people, there are quality products that cost a lot to make and then there is crap products that could damage your car, and it's not a $2k Honda we're talking here, but a $120k+ car. But you're right everyone has a right to their opinion, and I didn't mean to attack you, truly sorry if I made you feel this way. Good luck
Appreciate 1
VeNoM__M5383.00
      05-24-2019, 10:40 PM   #25
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Competition in the market means the market is healthy.

There are plenty of brands to choose.
That doesn't mean someone who is willing to spend $1000 on Samsung phone is a sucker while there is cheaper alternative of Android phone.
There are plenty of cheaper light switch, some who is building a million dollars home will opted for $100/light switch just because.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 01:02 PM   #26
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

Like buying a helmet, you have a $100 head buy a $100 helmet
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12805.00
      05-27-2019, 08:18 PM   #27
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn A View Post
I purchased it. They dont lease good, and i got my 17 R8 for under $110k since it was a convertible. I also purchased my performante, got it for $18k under MSRP so im not worried about losing my ass when i replace it in two years. My porsches and AMGs i purchased, but BMWs i always lease, well 9/10 times.

thats a real nice deal on the r8.

which dealer did you find the perofmante at? nice edge off the msrp...
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 10:04 AM   #28
Quinn A
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
thats a real nice deal on the r8.

which dealer did you find the perofmante at? nice edge off the msrp...
lamborghini gold coast
2022 Cayenne Turbo coupe Catless/ Tune
2022 Huracan STO
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 10:18 AM   #29
Ledbetterjw
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellerPerformance View Post
A " couple hundred to make " , my pacaking and accessories alone is a couple of hundred with free shipping, you DON'T know anything about costs to make QUALITY product from scratch based on 3d Scanning and 3 modelling, mandrel bending, r&d back to back for best performance and fitment, other development costs, overhread cost, storage cost, salaries to TOP certified welders for welds to look like art that wont be prone to leak or bad flow, state of the art CNC work for flanges, so please don't assume things and don't mislead people based on your "knowledge"
I agree, a couple hundred tops to make. Stainless pipe, bellows, labor to bend/weld together.....
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 10:21 AM   #30
Ledbetterjw
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx 335Mangaki xX View Post
I have a lower used set for $275 shipped if anyone is interested in rolling the dice.....
You have a used set of Megan downpipes? Reason they were taken off?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 02:43 PM   #31
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

You can't fix ignorance

Quote:
Don't like to get into debates like these but I had "4" clients switching to our downpipes because they've had issues with their cheaper downpipes, rattling, not aligning right, leaking, one of the shops even claimed it was damaging turbos because the flanges were bad, made out of pieces, having many welds is the weakest point of a downpipe, ours are mandrel bent based on 3D modelling for a smooth flow pattern and least welds, and 3.5' comparing to some "known USA brands" that taper off to less than 3" at flanges which should only hurt the performance. So you can buy a cheaper set, then take it off, pay twice for the install and switch to a good product, or just go with a product that has already proven it's quality and performance, but to each their own.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 11:45 PM   #32
TexasSurgeon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 Frozen Black F82

Garage List
2001 BMW e46 325i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Sounds like I touched a button there. I expected better from a vendor on the forum. Please don't attack people and there opinion if you don't really know my background or what I do. Everyone has their own opinion regarding product and pricing. Im sorry if your overhead cost and accessories is a lot but that's part of business. Consumers see the comments that vendors make, telling the consumer you know , you don't know anything about my business or my cost or anything regarding the industry is based off of your assumption. And also realize that your not the only vendor that has downpipes are over the $2k range. I work the government in automotive sector so I know so called true cost. But good luck Keller. Never once called you out for your product. Now I'll never buy it
Because you're assuming costs, and misleading people, there are quality products that cost a lot to make and then there is crap products that could damage your car, and it's not a $2k Honda we're talking here, but a $120k+ car. But you're right everyone has a right to their opinion, and I didn't mean to attack you, truly sorry if I made you feel this way. Good luck
Quote:
Quote:

Keller downpipes/midpipes are amazing.
Worth every penny.

Love the sound of my M5C now!

Thanks for making a perfect product for our cars
      08-02-2019, 02:25 AM   #33
isanube
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ZCP, 1992 R32 GTR

Quote:
Who wants free downpipes
I'll take them 😁
      08-02-2019, 10:51 AM   #34
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
I've heard Keller and Lusso's downpipes, compared to others these are the only cars I've seen in person so my vote for these 2 USA Brands.
Keller and Lusso are very high quality. Have you had any experience with Evolution Racewerks? Their pipes are hand built in the US and also top notch

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 11:41 AM   #35
koko f90
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m5 f90

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCP View Post
You can't fix ignorance
I heard that the stock DP are good enough till 850-900 ho

There is someone who can tell that is wrong?!

Some facts please
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 05:41 PM   #36
KellerPerformance
Private
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko f90 View Post
I heard that the stock DP are good enough till 850-900 ho

There is someone who can tell that is wrong?!

Some facts please
Yes good to kill your turbos real quick if you're running high boost
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      08-09-2019, 01:36 AM   #37
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]