E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > New E92 LCI facelift photos show LED lighting and new vermillion red color

12-24-2009, 06:26 AM   #155
e60_M5_2020
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MB C Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by 318tiperformancefanatic View Post
They have been a very well run company but they have a lot of lackluster new models. That's the point.
I agree, selling lots of profitable, but lackluster, cars is not a sustainable business model. Instead they should make INSANE AWESOME POWER CARS that are sold for for $15,000!!!!

...and then go out of business in 3 years.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2009, 11:32 AM   #156
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Some of you business "experts" need to keep your day job. Come now, are you really challenging the BMW business model with any substance behind your assertions?

I doubt you could even know or understand their business model, let alone their execution of it. How many of you are actually speaking from car industry experience or even have a degree in business from an accredited school? How about actually studying their business model and drawing meaningful conclusions from facts rather than opinions about cars they produce? I find lots of finance/business experts when it comes to gripes about a car manufacturer or any company. Truth is, most of these people just have some arbitrary beef with the company and they think a few posts shooting off about "business models" because they heard the term somewhere will give the appearance they know what they're talking about.

For this being a BMW forum, there seems to be quite a few BMW haters.

I don't mean to be trite, but wow...
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 12:29 PM   #157
318tiperformancefanatic
Rep
Drives: BMW

I never mentioned their business model. My point is that they have introduced a slew of cars that have met with apathy from everyone except their most die-hard loyal fans. While that statement is certainly subjective,
I'll stand by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Some of you business "experts" need to keep your day job. Come now, are you really challenging the BMW business model with any substance behind your assertions?

I doubt you could even know or understand their business model, let alone their execution of it. How many of you are actually speaking from car industry experience or even have a degree in business from an accredited school? How about actually studying their business model and drawing meaningful conclusions from facts rather than opinions about cars they produce? I find lots of finance/business experts when it comes to gripes about a car manufacturer or any company. Truth is, most of these people just have some arbitrary beef with the company and they think a few posts shooting off about "business models" because they heard the term somewhere will give the appearance they know what they're talking about.

For this being a BMW forum, there seems to be quite a few BMW haters.

I don't mean to be trite, but wow...
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #158
318tiperformancefanatic
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by e60_M5_2020 View Post
I agree, selling lots of profitable, but lackluster, cars is not a sustainable business model. Instead they should make INSANE AWESOME POWER CARS that are sold for for $15,000!!!!

...and then go out of business in 3 years.
Where did I mention price? Please show me.
Appreciate 0