BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    M5 Production Status Regresses

05-22-2022, 10:30 PM   #111
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweston View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFBravo View Post
I think you will not regret getting the M5 over the Hellcat, I know its a different price range and the Hellcat engine has 2023 as its last year, which is sad seeing the HEMI go away, at least its going away with a Roar.

I pciked up mine on the 18th and man I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it inside, the LCI Competitoin is strikingly beautiful, it made my 2020 E63 look like plain jane. Which is what I thought about E63S looks vs the Pre LCI F90s! Pictures online of the bluestone metalic does not do it justice, I was afraid it looked too silver, but its just the right shade of Grey and the dark accents on the headlight and blacked out grill just makes the car look menacing. I had them take the rear M5 badge off for a "sleeper" look but that front end screams anything but sleeper.

It came in with a M2 and an M4 all with yellow tags saying "SOLD", so they graced the floor of a dealer for a couple days, as their only stock right now are used cars, they only have 2 cars on the lot that are new, thats it, otherwise its an empty floor, they resort to putting 2021 5 series and M5 to have something there. So for those of you that are still waiting, just be patient, it'll be worth it when you walk in on to that floor and see that beautiful machine. For reference I ordered mine December 8th and picked up May 18th, that's west coast port, actual allocation happened mid February. But the dealer said back in December to expect May delivery, so complaints from me, its right on schedule and even slightly below MSRP due to military incentive.
I'm definitely excited...I've had a charger sxt plus, challenger sxt plus, challenger scat pack, but no smile was brighter on my face then those few minutes I test drove an m5 lol I was thinking about removing some of the badging too because whenever I mention m5 to any of my local custom shops they immediately go crazyyyyy lol I feel like this car is going to draw a bunch of attention especially with the blue I chose (I'm typically a marron or grey kinda guy)

Oh by the way: mine is at port now!!!
Congratulations on being at port! I tried to figure this by constructing a timeline of your previous posts, but I think I missed a few. How long did it end up taking you from "production begins" to the day your were at port? I think you started production April 30th and if you got to port today, about 22 days?!

That's pretty damn good right there! you'd undoubtedly be the most expeditious timeline of anyone else on here for those of you that started production at the same time!

Sorry to cross-request on the same post but perhaps zb2603 could chime in on this as well? I also tried to reconstruct his timeline but didn't figure it out at easily as yours. See you started production May 3rd ZB, but unsure where you're at now!

So happy for both of you!!!
dweston40.50
      05-23-2022, 02:17 AM   #112
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i, 2022 BMW 540i

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I think you will not regret getting the M5 over the Hellcat, I know its a different price range and the Hellcat engine has 2023 as its last year, which is sad seeing the HEMI go away, at least its going away with a Roar.

I pciked up mine on the 18th and man I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it inside, the LCI Competitoin is strikingly beautiful, it made my 2020 E63 look like plain jane. Which is what I thought about E63S looks vs the Pre LCI F90s! Pictures online of the bluestone metalic does not do it justice, I was afraid it looked too silver, but its just the right shade of Grey and the dark accents on the headlight and blacked out grill just makes the car look menacing. I had them take the rear M5 badge off for a "sleeper" look but that front end screams anything but sleeper.

It came in with a M2 and an M4 all with yellow tags saying "SOLD", so they graced the floor of a dealer for a couple days, as their only stock right now are used cars, they only have 2 cars on the lot that are new, thats it, otherwise its an empty floor, they resort to putting 2021 5 series and M5 to have something there. So for those of you that are still waiting, just be patient, it'll be worth it when you walk in on to that floor and see that beautiful machine. For reference I ordered mine December 8th and picked up May 18th, that's west coast port, actual allocation happened mid February. But the dealer said back in December to expect May delivery, so complaints from me, its right on schedule and even slightly below MSRP due to military incentive.
I'm definitely excited...I've had a charger sxt plus, challenger sxt plus, challenger scat pack, but no smile was brighter on my face then those few minutes I test drove an m5 lol I was thinking about removing some of the badging too because whenever I mention m5 to any of my local custom shops they immediately go crazyyyyy lol I feel like this car is going to draw a bunch of attention especially with the blue I chose (I'm typically a marron or grey kinda guy)

Congratulations on being at port! I tried to figure this by constructing a timeline of your previous posts, but I think I missed a few. How long did it end up taking you from "production begins" to the day your were at port? I think you started production April 30th and if you got to port today, about 22 days?!

That's pretty damn good right there! you'd undoubtedly be the most expeditious timeline of anyone else on here for those of you that started production at the same time!

Sorry to cross-request on the same post but perhaps zb2603 could chime in on this as well? I also tried to reconstruct his timeline but didn't figure it out at easily as yours. See you started production May 3rd ZB, but unsure where you're at now!

My posts are scattered lol I just realized it sorry. Really appreciate it dude, I hope yours go smoothly as well. We are at Week 21 so just need to hang in there a little more even though its frustrating..

I had to go back to my posts to get the times from there and constructed it up until now. My current status is Awaiting Carrier Assignment since May 19. I am hoping that it makes its way to the port soon since there aren't that many ships to the West Coast. I know that there is 2 WW ships scheduled from Bremerhaven to Port Hueneme at the end of this month and early June so will see. The car will get here when it gets here so trying not to think about it.

February 1 - Order Placed (for an existing allocation at Status Code 111)

February 2 - Order Received (Status Code 111)

February 3 - Individual Color Order Requested (Status Code 102)

February 10 - Individual Color Accepted (Status Code 102, Build Week pushed from
Week 9 to Week 20)

February 22 - Order Received (Status Code 111)

April 3 - Scheduled for Production (Status Code 112)

May 4 - Production Begins (Status Code 150)

May 13 - Exterior Body Assembly (Status Code 151)

May 17 - Quality Control

May 18 - Production Date

May 19 - Awaiting Carrier Assignment
Appreciate 2
      05-23-2022, 09:58 AM   #113
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zb2603 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My posts are scattered lol I just realized it sorry. Really appreciate it dude, I hope yours go smoothly as well. We are at Week 21 so just need to hang in there a little more even though its frustrating..

I had to go back to my posts to get the times from there and constructed it up until now. My current status is Awaiting Carrier Assignment since May 19. I am hoping that it makes its way to the port soon since there aren't that many ships to the West Coast. I know that there is 2 WW ships scheduled from Bremerhaven to Port Hueneme at the end of this month and early June so will see. The car will get here when it gets here so trying not to think about it.

February 1 - Order Placed (for an existing allocation at Status Code 111)

February 2 - Order Received (Status Code 111)

February 3 - Individual Color Order Requested (Status Code 102)

February 10 - Individual Color Accepted (Status Code 102, Build Week pushed from
Week 9 to Week 20)

February 22 - Order Received (Status Code 111)

April 3 - Scheduled for Production (Status Code 112)

May 4 - Production Begins (Status Code 150)

May 13 - Exterior Body Assembly (Status Code 151)

May 17 - Quality Control

May 18 - Production Date

May 19 - Awaiting Carrier Assignment
Ah, I am sorry! I didn't meant to give you a project! I was just trying to get a read on what people's timelines are looking like at this exact moment. Thank you for doing all that! There was a slight possibility that my production may move up a week forward so I wanted to start calculating how long it might be before I receive the car. Unfortunately, I'm back to checking MyGarage multiple times per day lol. I keep telling myself that it will get here when it gets here, too, but it's SO hard to resist the urge to checkout and work out every timeline lol. This is not the first time I've ordered a car generally, but the first BMW and first M. The truth is most companies don't give you this amount of detail during the process. As I think I told you before, I find it to be both a blessing and a curse.

I've been keeping a timeline of all my events so far, though unfortunately it's all pre-production stuff. I'm going to apply yours once production begins.

Looks like you went from production begins to carrier assignment in 15 days. That's pretty good for right now all things considered!

West coast delivery inevitably adds time to the delivery process obviously, but I'm so happy that at least your car is is built.

Thanks once again for everything and please do keep us posted!
      05-23-2022, 11:32 AM   #114
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
ResIpsaLoquitur Haha its all good, I wanted to do it but was too lazy about it so its good that I actually put it together since it made me realize that if I was to get to the port as fast as dweston it would still put me at May 26th. So I'm more than likely to get on a ship in early to mid June.

Once it becomes Scheduled for Production you actually feel things moving. I was checking 2 times or so a week until production began and then its got worse progressively lol. Now that I'm trying to see when I will make it to the Port I check it every morning pst (end of day in Germany) and at midnight pst (start of day in Germany) and not in between since there is no point in doing so.

Really appreciate you checking in, can't wait to get our cars. I will update you once there is a movement. 🙌🏻
Appreciate 2
      05-23-2022, 11:36 AM   #115
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
@MilwaukeeM5 did you get through QC? Wanted to check in after my last post since I didn't hear from you.
Appreciate 1
KB30052.00
      05-23-2022, 12:09 PM   #116
MilwaukeeM5
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M, 2022 M5

Quote:
@MilwaukeeM5 did you get through QC? Wanted to check in after my last post since I didn't hear from you.
Still in Quality Check according to the tracker. Dealer called me Friday afternoon and said they see it past that though (or something to the effect that it wasn’t in QC anymore). He did say there were no holds or stop shipments on it, so once it ships it should be to them within 30 days. Not sure what they look at or if they have a different data source.
Appreciate 2
zb26031055.50
      05-23-2022, 12:50 PM   #117
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilwaukeeM5 View Post
Quote:
Still in Quality Check according to the tracker. Dealer called me Friday afternoon and said they see it past that though (or something to the effect that it wasn’t in QC anymore). He did say there were no holds or stop shipments on it, so once it ships it should be to them within 30 days. Not sure what they look at or if they have a different data source.
I see, glad to hear that. Many members always say that the tracker is lagging so I wouldn't be surprised. Hopefully we make it on their respective ships soon. I am also glad that there aren't any stop sales on them, will double check with the recall tool.
Appreciate 1
KB30052.00
      05-23-2022, 02:41 PM   #118
dweston
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 Nissan Maxima 40th Anniv.

Quote:

Ruh oh - I don't remember exact dates either

I do know I placed the order April 1st

I called the Genius Line just now to ask some questions and he let me know it completed produciton May 13th.

It's been at the port since May 17th and awaiting carrier assignment. He said this could take a few weeks.

I don't have an individual color, just Marina Bay Blue and I do have some port installed options as well which could slow things down.
Appreciate 2
      05-23-2022, 06:13 PM   #119
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
ResIpsaLoquitur Haha its all good, I wanted to do it but was too lazy about it so its good that I actually put it together since it made me realize that if I was to get to the port as fast as dweston it would still put me at May 26th. So I'm more than likely to get on a ship in early to mid June.

Once it becomes Scheduled for Production you actually feel things moving. I was checking 2 times or so a week until production began and then its got worse progressively lol. Now that I'm trying to see when I will make it to the Port I check it every morning pst (end of day in Germany) and at midnight pst (start of day in Germany) and not in between since there is no point in doing so.

Really appreciate you checking in, can't wait to get our cars. I will update you once there is a movement. 🙌🏻
Ugh the wait is excruciating but that's still not too bad! That is so funny that you mention time difference…I've been checking it also based on the 6 hour difference between EST and Dingolfing time.

Any time brother, can't wait for you to receive it! So happy for you! Hoping to hear an update regarding ship soon!
dweston40.50
      05-23-2022, 06:15 PM   #120
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilwaukeeM5 View Post
Quote:
Such great news!
dweston40.50
      05-23-2022, 06:20 PM   #121
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I called the Genius Line just now to ask some questions and he let me know it completed produciton May 13th.

It's been at the port since May 17th and awaiting carrier assignment. He said this could take a few weeks.

I don't have an individual color, just Marina Bay Blue and I do have some port installed options as well which could slow things down.
That still gives me a really good idea! Thank you so much! I think you're timing is one of the, if not the fastest, production time during these crazy times we're in.

I was speaking with my dealer regarding possibly add inch MPE at port and he thought it should only add a week to ten days for delivery, but at least it would any cause a delay at the factory. Frankly I don't know if we can trust anything they're saying given the climate, but in case that's of any help to you!

So happy for you again. Let's get you on a boat ASAP! Keep us posted.
dweston40.50
      05-23-2022, 09:56 PM   #122
TFBravo
Some Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 GX460, 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:

Your timeline I would guess resembles the pre-2020 timelines, I would think because of the two or 3 week wiring harness delay should have gave time for the ports both sending and receiving to clear their back logs, I figured if there is no cars coming from the factory for a few weeks, that's the time you can put cars on ships, finish installing port accessories ect, my car got on a shop within 10-14 days after being dispatched from factory in the end March while only a month or two back guys on this forum were waiting a month or longer just to get a ship.

So hopefully on a ship before June and it lands in US end of June and pick up sometime in July, I would assume there won't be a line for ports installs and they will start the work right away.

I only recommend removing the rear badge if you want a clean look, the side and grill badges are very subtle, and you really have to look closely to see that's its not an M550i or 5 Series with an M package as both of those have a similar M badge on the front grill. The AMG had badge removal as one of the factory option which is why I went with it and it looked really good not having chrome badges on a vehicle that has all the chrome trims blacked out.
Appreciate 2
dweston40.50
zb26031055.50
      05-26-2022, 10:59 AM   #123
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Good morning, MilwaukeeM5 I just did the end of week check in to see if I moved from Awaiting Carrier Assignment to Dispatched/At Port but seems like I'm still at the factory.

Since our cars are essentially twins wanted to check in to see where you're at. What does your status show on your end?
Appreciate 1
KB30052.00
      05-26-2022, 03:27 PM   #124
MilwaukeeM5
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M, 2022 M5

Quote:
Good morning, MilwaukeeM5 I just did the end of week check in to see if I moved from Awaiting Carrier Assignment to Dispatched/At Port but seems like I'm still at the factory.

Since our cars are essentially twins wanted to check in to see where you're at. What does your status show on your end?
Still in Quality Check. I emailed the genius email (no response yet) to see if there’s any update, but haven’t had time to call yet. Will let you know if I hear anything back.

Edit: 5/27, now awaiting carrier assignment in the tracker.

Last edited by MilwaukeeM5; 05-27-2022 at 08:52 AM..
Appreciate 1
zb26031055.50
      06-02-2022, 10:25 AM   #125
dweston
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 Nissan Maxima 40th Anniv.

I'm in transit!! They said my estimated date it will arrive in Charleston is 6/18.
Appreciate 4
      06-02-2022, 10:36 AM   #126
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm in transit!! They said my estimated date it will arrive in Charleston is 6/18.
Quote:
Congratulations!!! Finally! So happy for you!
dweston40.50
      06-02-2022, 10:42 AM   #127
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Congratulations dude you're on the home stretch 🙌🏻
Appreciate 3
      06-02-2022, 12:00 PM   #128
mpower3330
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Can someone please provide me with the Genius Line number?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 12:49 PM   #129
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower3330 View Post
can someone please provide me with the genius line number?
+ 1 (844) 443-6487
Appreciate 1
KB30052.00
      06-02-2022, 04:23 PM   #130
mpower3330
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
+ 1 (844) 443-6487
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 07:03 AM   #131
DarkishM5C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 Dark Graphite M5C

Garage List
2023 M5C  [10.00]
ResIpsaLoquitur My build is doing the same as yours did originally. Last week it was at 'Scheduled for Production' and this week the status changed to 'Order Received'. Granted it's only been 2 weeks since my order was accepted.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 10:01 AM   #132
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGraphiteM5 View Post
ResIpsaLoquitur My build is doing the same as yours did originally. Last week it was at 'Scheduled for Production' and this week the status changed to 'Order Received'. Granted it's only been 2 weeks since my order was accepted.
Sorry to hear that! It's super frustrating. This happened to me a few times. As I've come to learn, it's to be somewhat expected in this climate.

Knowing what build week is tied to your allocation might be helpful in causing worries to wane. Do you know? And were you given a production number yet?

Mine flipped back and forth several times before I through the towel in.

Here's the relevant portion of my timeline in case it's of any help.

March 8, 2022 - Build In (Submitted To BMW AG by CA
March 15, 2022 - Production Number Received From CA
March 15, 2022 - Plugged In Production Number to BMW MyGarage

March 15, 2022 - Status Shows "Order Received"

March 25, 2022 - Status Shows "Scheduled For daily Production pack"

April 4, 2022 - Status Regresses to "Order Received"

April 7, 2022 - Status Shows "Scheduled For Production"

May 3, 2022 - Reached Out To CA to switch from 50th Anniversary emblems to standard emblems

May 6, 2022 - Status Regresses to "Order Received"

Stay strong lol and good luck!