BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    Star BMW Michelins

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-08-2021, 06:38 AM   #1
vanos84
Private
vanos84's Avatar
33
Rep
83
Posts

Drives: 2018 M5 BSM
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Macon, GA

iTrader: (0)

Star BMW Michelins

Is there really any difference between the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires and the OEM Michelins with the stars on them. The reason I'm asking is because the star tires are slightly more expensive and I was just curious if they were a different compound or something?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 11:24 AM   #2
Jamesmick
Second Lieutenant
127
Rep
227
Posts

Drives: 2018 M5 Azurite Black
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanos84 View Post
Is there really any difference between the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires and the OEM Michelins with the stars on them. The reason I'm asking is because the star tires are slightly more expensive and I was just curious if they were a different compound or something?
I saw a video review posted somewhere here on the forums where the reviewer compared the two and concluded that the star tires were, in fact, better performing.
__________________
2018 M5 (current)
2012 535i Msport/Dinan (current)
2008 535i Msport (retired)
2003 530i (retired)
2000 C32 AMG (retired)
Appreciate 1
vanos8433.00
      11-08-2021, 11:06 PM   #3
shawnhayes
First Lieutenant
230
Rep
331
Posts

Drives: 19 i3s, 18 M5, 18 M2, 18 Mini
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesmick View Post
I saw a video review posted somewhere here on the forums where the reviewer compared the two and concluded that the star tires were, in fact, better performing.
Depends. Dry, yes. Wet, no... Nothing is free of compromise.



Shawn
Appreciate 2
vanos8433.00
Jamesmick126.50
      11-09-2021, 10:10 AM   #4
Jamesmick
Second Lieutenant
127
Rep
227
Posts

Drives: 2018 M5 Azurite Black
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhayes View Post
Depends. Dry, yes. Wet, no... Nothing is free of compromise.

Shawn
Thanks for posting the video and clarifying the results!
__________________
2018 M5 (current)
2012 535i Msport/Dinan (current)
2008 535i Msport (retired)
2003 530i (retired)
2000 C32 AMG (retired)
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2021, 08:56 PM   #5
vanos84
Private
vanos84's Avatar
33
Rep
83
Posts

Drives: 2018 M5 BSM
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Macon, GA

iTrader: (0)

Yes thanks for the vid! Very helpful...
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST