BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    M Performance or Akrapovic exhaust for M5 CS?

09-17-2021, 12:38 PM   #23
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicane_ View Post
I'd like to hear some sound clips of the M performance system. I'll be honest, the sound in the CS is a major letdown compared to my non comp M5. Ideally someone will offer a GPF delete system to properly awaken the beast.
I totally agree that the sound is disappointing. I am really hoping that things open up and get better after more and more miles are put on the car, but I am thinking that won't matter.

I absolutely loved the sound on my old M3CS. I had it with a Stage 1 tune and it was great. Plus, when I didn't want the pops and stuff I could just take the car out of Sport+ mode.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2336.50
      09-17-2021, 07:56 PM   #24
cream
Private
Rep
Drives: 19' BSM M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
Thanks. I will likely go with Akra as nobody makes an exhaust like Akra... unless somebody has strong feelings about M Perf.
+1 vote for Akra, here is my F90 with Akra Evo exhaust and KP downpipes. Light revs in sport mode, it sounds so angry!!

View post on imgur.com

Here is another clip of a light tunnel pull, I feel the Akra gives it a higher pitched sound which may partially be from the titanium and I love it however the feeling is subjective so it's really personal preference.

View post on imgur.com

Last edited by cream; 09-17-2021 at 08:02 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2021, 09:06 AM   #25
Chicane_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 CS + other stuff

My dealer just responded and advised that the M performance exhaust for the M5C is not compatible with the CS. Wonder why?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 02:32 PM   #26
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
My dealer just responded and advised that the M performance exhaust for the M5C is not compatible with the CS. Wonder why?
Interesting because I spoke with another dealer and they didn't mention that about the titanium M Performance exhaust. I also spoke with Akrapovich and confirmed they don't have an exhaust for the M5 CS as yet either. So it looks like in both cases there's no exhaust for the M5 CS currently.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 03:19 PM   #27
Jaymelo238
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw f90 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
Quote:
Interesting because I spoke with another dealer and they didn't mention that about the titanium M Performance exhaust. I also spoke with Akrapovich and confirmed they don't have an exhaust for the M5 CS as yet either. So it looks like in both cases there's no exhaust for the M5 CS currently.
Yeah well I got the FI exhaust for my m5cs already so when my car comes I will be one of the guys to let you know if it fits 😊
Appreciate 2
      09-18-2021, 04:36 PM   #28
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymelo238 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah well I got the FI exhaust for my m5cs already so when my car comes I will be one of the guys to let you know if it fits 😊
They make great sounding exhausts. Is it titanium?

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 05:36 PM   #29
Jaymelo238
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw f90 m5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes I believe it is! Got it from auto talent and with gold tips! 😎
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 05:37 PM   #30
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Can wait to hear them.

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 06:35 PM   #31
vanos84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
those burbles should be illegal. ffs. nothing more annoying than overly obnoxious burbles.
My car doesn't do that even in sport+ and I'm glad it doesn't but is it because it's not a comp model? Are the burbles something specific to the tuning of the comp?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 07:00 PM   #32
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Intriguing that BMW went out of their way to save 1 oz. eliminating center console mechanism but wouldn't put a full titanium exhaust on such a 'special' car like the M5 CS. That would've been any easy way to shed lots of weight.
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2021, 07:57 PM   #33
Chicane_
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Did Akra say whether they intend to offer something? I suspect the hardware will be carry over from their M5C system but need time to update the ECU remapping for the CS.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 08:08 PM   #34
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did Akra say whether they intend to offer something? I suspect the hardware will be carry over from their M5C system but need time to update the ECU remapping for the CS.
They said:

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and inquiring about Akrapovic.

Unfortunately there isn't an exhaust available for this vehicle. There will be more updates on this.

Akrapovic will have a press release on their social media and website of any upcoming projects and product releases.

Romero Geroche
Sales Representative

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 11:01 PM   #35
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4cs | 2022 M550i

Quote:
I also purchased mine from Golan! Black tips here.

But I am sorry to report, it's not a titanium system, but stainless. I don't mind at all given the price difference while not compromising at all on build/weld quality!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 11:03 PM   #36
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanos84 View Post
My car doesn't do that even in sport+ and I'm glad it doesn't but is it because it's not a comp model? Are the burbles something specific to the tuning of the comp?
Both Sport+ and the "exhaust" button on the center console need to be engaged (LED indicator lit up next to button) for the pops and bangs on overrun. Did you do both?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 10:10 AM   #37
Ryno 27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition, X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraider-011 View Post
How so? Im kicking myself for not getting it on my new M5
If you have it installed at the port (before delivery), it’s a line item on the window sticker, so it’s residualizes along with the lease. Depending on the residual value of the car, it’s at least 50% savings.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 12:31 PM   #38
vanos84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmostro View Post
Both Sport+ and the "exhaust" button on the center console need to be engaged (LED indicator lit up next to button) for the pops and bangs on overrun. Did you do both?
Yeah I did but I'm not like giving it hell or anything. Do you have to really basically redline it? Seems like most people just lightly rev the engine and you hear it popping a bit with the back pressure. I'm beginning to wonder if the valve may be stuck or possibly not opening completely or something along those lines...
Appreciate 1
GJE200815.00
      09-19-2021, 07:43 PM   #39
saveywil1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘21 F90 M5 Competition

For what it is worth, I enjoy my M Performance system. I do ‘turn off’ the exhaust button whilst in sport + mode as I am not a fan of the excessive popping and banging. Gosh, maybe I’m getting old..
Appreciate 2
afo818254.50
omgmike359.00
      09-19-2021, 08:24 PM   #40
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanos84 View Post
Yeah I did but I'm not like giving it hell or anything. Do you have to really basically redline it? Seems like most people just lightly rev the engine and you hear it popping a bit with the back pressure. I'm beginning to wonder if the valve may be stuck or possibly not opening completely or something along those lines...
No, any rapid on-off throttle input will do it, as well as coasting in a low gear without throttle applied (ie engine braking).
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 03:39 PM   #41
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
So found this on IND website. Says that it will fit all M5s including the CS model.

This is the same part number so it's the same exhaust.

I called the bmw parts department to find out. They said they will get back to me. They didn't have an answer as the part number is not showing up in the system so they have to ask.
Attached Images

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 06:45 PM   #42
Chicane_
Lieutenant
Rep

I've been told that it will fit on the CS but not formally 'approved' by BMW on the CS. Apparently BMW never approved the MPE on the M2 CS either yet owners installed them without issue. It becomes the prerogative of the retailer and customer whether they want to install it despite not being officially approved by BMW.

I think you should install one and let us know how it goes. It's almost winter up here anyways
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2021, 11:07 PM   #43
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Sounds like TUV red tape. Shouldn't have any bearing outside of Europe.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 11:55 PM   #44
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Some videos I have posted on my Youtube Channel of my Fashion Grey F90 M5. LCI, built with MPE. Eventuri Intake added 1k miles ago.

PLENTY loud. And as others have said, it gets louder with time and mileage.

I thought I had read/heard that the MPE exhaust has AKRA pieces? Was that only with the F8x M's that it was true for? (please correct me if this is wrong)

https://youtu.be/QDPQNQb6C1E

https://youtu.be/d1GGpXakOgE

https://youtu.be/wH4gYUXmUh4
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 1
Slugsy01157.00