BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Classifieds Members Classifieds    WTB: Front license plate bracket

09-13-2021, 07:56 AM   #1
WayneM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90M5

WTB: Front license plate bracket

Does anyone have their stock front license plate holder that they want to get rid of? I bought a car from Texas that did not require it but NY does. I purchased a US Millworks front tow-hook plate holder and I think it looks terrible and started to cause issues with the parking and driving assistance sensors so my cruise control would not work. I know this can be easily adjusted but that does not fix the terrible look. I am willing to just give in and drill the bumper for the front plate. I do not want to go without the plate as that just gives a reason for police to stop you and you are pretty much guaranteed to get a ticket when parking in NYC on the street.

I looked it up and it is BMW 51138065316 and is unique to the pre-LCI F90 M5 and not all 5 series.

Last edited by WayneM3; 09-13-2021 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: Added part number
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 08:05 AM   #2
brandoncoen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneM3 View Post
Does anyone have their stock front license plate holder that they want to get rid of? I bought a car from Texas that did not require it but NY does. I purchased a US Millworks front tow-hook plate holder and I think it looks terrible and started to cause issues with the parking and driving assistance sensors so my cruise control would not work. I know this can be easily adjusted but that does not fix the terrible look. I am willing to just give in and drill the bumper for the front plate. I do not want to go without the plate as that just gives a reason for police to stop you and you are pretty much guaranteed to get a ticket when parking in NYC on the street.

I looked it up and it is BMW 51138065316 and is unique to the pre-LCI F90 M5 and not all 5 series.
Are you still looking for one? I'm pretty sure I have a brand new one in the bag that came in my trunk.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 08:26 PM   #3
Wattles
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

I just took one off my car. It’s available.

Last edited by Wattles; 11-24-2021 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: Added more
Appreciate 0