BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    BMW M5 LCI carbon fiber front lip by Carbon Fiber Art

06-01-2021, 04:19 PM   #1
Night Flight
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

BMW M5 LCI carbon fiber front lip by Carbon Fiber Art

I have not posted before, but I figured this may be of interest to some of you.

I recently purchased a carbon fiber front lip for my 2021 M5C from a company called Carbon Fiber Art (http://cfa-carbon.world/face). They are based in Russia. I could not find much about them online prior to the purchase, however I can confirm that they are indeed legit. It was pricey and took a few weeks to fabricate and ship, however I just had it installed and I think it looks very nice. The quality and fitment are excellent as well. It's the first one they have shipped to the US they tell me. In case anyone is wondering, I have no relationship with this company nor did they ask me to post this.

I have attached a few pictures for reference. Happy to answer any questions.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Jocko78103.50
      06-01-2021, 08:23 PM   #2
HUM5INT
HUM5INT
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M5 Competition LCI

Thanks for sharing!! I'm waiting for my M5C order (anticipated 1st week August) and I know there are basically no LCI front splitter options except the BMW M Performance set.

Question - on each of your left / right inlets there's a little gap from the edge of the splitter to the main body - is that just because of the adhesive strip used or is that about as flush as you can get it to be?
4) '12 550 M-Sport; Exterior: Alpine White
INSTAGRAM: hum5int
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2021, 08:18 PM   #3
Night Flight
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpaul View Post
Thanks for sharing!! I'm waiting for my M5C order (anticipated 1st week August) and I know there are basically no LCI front splitter options except the BMW M Performance set.

Question - on each of your left / right inlets there's a little gap from the edge of the splitter to the main body - is that just because of the adhesive strip used or is that about as flush as you can get it to be?

Congrats on your upcoming M5C delivery! Next few weeks are going to pass very slowly for you I'm guessing.

Yes, there is a slight gap (~2-3 mm) in that one area due to the double-sided tape that was used during the installation. This particular splitter uses a combination of the stock fasteners for the lower portion and double-sided tape or body adhesive for the upper portion. I am going to have my shop take another look next time I bring it in. I think a body adhesive (Betalink or similar) will likely make for a better fit as the tape does create a slight gap in the areas you mentioned. In fairness, it is rather hard to notice in any situation other than a close-up photo in the direct Florida sun

Also, I did not specifically ask the manufacturers of this piece whether they recommend tape vs adhesive, so I may reach out to them as well.

And you are correct that there are very few options for LCI front splitters currently. I noticed that Sterckenn recently had one pop up on IND's website for preorder. It's a three-piece modular design which has some obvious benefits for something that will likely get scuffed up over the course of time. I went over my first speed bump today since installing the lip and had to hold my breath...
Appreciate 1
HUM5INT283.50
      06-03-2021, 11:56 PM   #4
HUM5INT
HUM5INT
United_States
Rep

That's all GREAT info - thanks for all that background and your thoughts. It does look great on your M5! Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 08:27 AM   #5
euro*
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Looks good, I also heard that Carbonfiber art company is legit.

Now you need more aggressive side skirts and rear diffuser to match the front
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 05:34 PM   #6
Jocko78
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 / X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Flight View Post
I have not posted before, but I figured this may be of interest to some of you.

I recently purchased a carbon fiber front lip for my 2021 M5C from a company called Carbon Fiber Art (http://cfa-carbon.world/face). They are based in Russia. I could not find much about them online prior to the purchase, however I can confirm that they are indeed legit. It was pricey and took a few weeks to fabricate and ship, however I just had it installed and I think it looks very nice. The quality and fitment are excellent as well. It's the first one they have shipped to the US they tell me. In case anyone is wondering, I have no relationship with this company nor did they ask me to post this.

I have attached a few pictures for reference. Happy to answer any questions.

Glad you posted, thank you! I've seen their work before, its pretty spectacular. I believe I saw a forged carbon piece from them once, it was stunning.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 08:13 PM   #7
HUM5INT
HUM5INT
United_States
Rep

How long did it take to receive since it was coming from overseas / Russia? Any customs hold up or anything?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 02:59 PM   #8
flanker25
Rep
Drives: X5 M40d, E90325XI,

That wing looks too big on the car, almost over the normal size
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 02:54 PM   #9
HUM5INT
HUM5INT
United_States
Rep

Could be the angle of the photos taken....on the website it doesn't look that disproportionately large....although it definitely has some more bulk to it than what you see with a lot of other splitters. It's all just personal preference and style - it'll be interesting to see what other splitters come out that fit the LCI.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 11:59 AM   #10
AnthonyOB
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5

I have been debating on going to the LCI M5 for the soul reason of the front lips and now that I have seen someone with it on. It looks amazing and excellent color choice there. I saw the replies and the double sided tape does make it noticeable. I always ended up just drilling the lips to the bottom of the bumper. They stay longer and its the most flush look plus it will never be seen besides on a lift.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 05:31 PM   #11
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

i like the side profile, but the front angle seems too fat or something..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 09:09 PM   #12
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

In my opinion it looks like there is too much going on with the lip, but as long as you like it that is all that matters. Are you planning on lowering the car?