BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    [EU] M5 2021C - Exhaust sound - OPF Delete module experience?

11-09-2021, 09:54 AM   #23
TimmyBHGM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpma View Post
Just wanted to set the record straight here, got called by a person for Leib and they offered a solution.
I have also ordered the deleter and still waiting for it to arrive. Can you post some photo to show how is the CAN MIL thing is installed and where does the wire connect to? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 10:35 AM   #24
Boosted_8
Captain
Rep
Drives: M550i

https://www.leib-engineering.de/medi...W_G_EBA_EN.pdf
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 08:54 AM   #25
raab_
Enlisted Member
Poland
Rep
Drives: M5C F90 LCI

Hi!
Finally I've deleted OPF with akra goodies.
However there are some problems with it.
First of all LCI exhaust is like in CS, so it means shorter dowpipes and longer link pipe. We had to make extra connector around 20 cm between akra linkpipe and oem downpipes. So it took more time.
LEIB is working? Good question - after 10 days with it I had first limp mode today morning, it was after heavy pull on motorway form 120 km/h to 220 km/h. It disappeared after quick reset - switching and off and starting on again engine. I'll try to make some video this week and post it asap!
Finally my advice - DO IT!! Exhaust sound is nice and deep, after switching off sport exhaust and in efficiency mode it doesn't bother at all.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 03:17 PM   #26
coM5ition
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab_ View Post
Hi!
Finally I've deleted OPF with akra goodies.
However there are some problems with it.
First of all LCI exhaust is like in CS, so it means shorter dowpipes and longer link pipe. We had to make extra connector around 20 cm between akra linkpipe and oem downpipes. So it took more time.
LEIB is working? Good question - after 10 days with it I had first limp mode today morning, it was after heavy pull on motorway form 120 km/h to 220 km/h. It disappeared after quick reset - switching and off and starting on again engine. I'll try to make some video this week and post it asap!
Finally my advice - DO IT!! Exhaust sound is nice and deep, after switching off sport exhaust and in efficiency mode it doesn't bother at all.
Does it start making some pops and bangs?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 04:39 PM   #27
Slugsy01
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E63s AMG Estate

I'm seriously tempted to do this, if there any down sides?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 05:24 PM   #28
raab_
Enlisted Member
Poland
Rep

Pops and bangs are still working on it, slightly louder.
Downsides - just one, limp mode after heavy pulls, precisely when you go above 6k rpm on full throttle. You need to make soft "adjustment" to remove it. I will make stage 2 on it - 750hp.
Appreciate 1
Slugsy01155.50
      07-21-2022, 10:17 AM   #29
raab_
Enlisted Member
Poland
Rep

Hello Everyone. Leib opf module doesn't work frankly speaking. It's a waste of money. However my problem with limp mode has been solved with GPower tune .
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 12:52 PM   #30
Holset
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp LCI

Quote:
Hello Everyone. Leib opf module doesn't work frankly speaking. It's a waste of money. However my problem with limp mode has been solved with GPower tune .
Why doesn't it work?
I have the opf deleter going to install it when i get my exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 01:49 PM   #31
raab_
Enlisted Member
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holset View Post
Why doesn't it work?
It just doesn't work. You don't have any problem with startup, check engine light, but after 20-25 minutes of drive or heavy pull you fall into limp mode (drivetrain failure and limited revs and max speed)
Do a proper tune If you want to know my advice.
Appreciate 1
F30Andy1771.00
      07-21-2022, 02:44 PM   #32
Holset
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holset View Post
Why doesn't it work?
It just doesn't work. You don't have any problem with startup, check engine light, but after 20-25 minutes of drive or heavy pull you fall into limp mode (drivetrain failure and limited revs and max speed)
Do a proper tune If you want to know my advice.
Well that sucks! Did you you do a opf reset with ista?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 03:31 PM   #33
Boosted_8
Captain
Rep
Drives: M550i

Works fine for me on the N63. I guess the S63 is more sensitive to the opf pressure drop.
Appreciate 1
Holset272.50
      07-21-2022, 11:41 PM   #34
Holset
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted_8 View Post
Works fine for me on the N63. I guess the S63 is more sensitive to the opf pressure drop.
I think it could be different from car to car.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2022, 01:29 PM   #35
coM5ition
Rep

Garage List
I have full catback Akrapovic Evolution Line along with the 2 leib boxes - opf delete module and can mil deleter.
First two weeks I had occasional check engines lights, but after that I haven't seen it. I can say they work fine and there is no problem after heavy pulls.
There is just only one problem related to the warranty - when you read the car, there is trouble code saying implausible opf data readings. These errors are only visible when the car is not running, since the can mil deleter will deactivate it when you start up the engine.
The sound of the Akra is unique - loud and deep, there are no pops and bangs, but on low rpm when you lift the gas you have some mild burbles and also sometimes on upshifting you can get big bang sound 😊
Appreciate 1
Holset272.50
      01-04-2023, 07:10 PM   #36
Pa11as
Rep
Drives: Bmw F90 M5

I also have 2 leib boxes - opf delete module and can mil DELETER I have had check code up few times when flat out and I mean like top end but apart from that it spund and feels absolutely tremendous. Would most definitely recommend it. I will stick up a you tube link.

https://youtu.be/Vy_UA5_Otz4

Few vids on my profile smoking modded lambos and Jap things at York race tack 😉
Appreciate 1
F30Andy1771.00
      08-27-2023, 09:07 AM   #37
TONY BMW
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330I

Quote:
Originally Posted by coM5ition View Post
I have full catback Akrapovic Evolution Line along with the 2 leib boxes - opf delete module and can mil deleter.
First two weeks I had occasional check engines lights, but after that I haven't seen it. I can say they work fine and there is no problem after heavy pulls.
There is just only one problem related to the warranty - when you read the car, there is trouble code saying implausible opf data readings. These errors are only visible when the car is not running, since the can mil deleter will deactivate it when you start up the engine.
The sound of the Akra is unique - loud and deep, there are no pops and bangs, but on low rpm when you lift the gas you have some mild burbles and also sometimes on upshifting you can get big bang sound 😊
Excuse me, let's see if you can help me, I'll explain my question, I'm going to install a downspout without a cat and I intend to connect the LEIB CAN MIL DELETER. I've read the instructions and I don't see it clearly, there are several cables but only one red cable and it says it's going connected
a
two pins, and a yellow one is free, it's frustrating. My question is how did you install it? Was it easy or complicated? Help please. Thank you
Sorry to see if you can help me,I'll explain my doubt,I am going to install downpipe without cat and I intend to connect the LEIB CAN THOUSAND DELETER.I have read the instructions and I don't see it clear,there are several cables but only one red wire and says q is connected a two pins,and a yellow left free,is fusrante.My question is as intalaste?, if it was easy or difficult?Please help.Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2023, 09:16 AM   #38
TONY BMW
Rep

Maybe a kind person can help me.
Someone who has assembled LEIB CAN MIL DELETE, can you tell me if it was complicated, do the pins fit well? Do the cables match the colors mentioned in the instructions? Thank you very much.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 03:27 PM   #39
coM5ition
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TONY BMW View Post
Maybe a kind person can help me.
Someone who has assembled LEIB CAN MIL DELETE, can you tell me if it was complicated, do the pins fit well? Do the cables match the colors mentioned in the instructions? Thank you very much.
I haven’t installed it by myself
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 04:50 PM   #40
TONY BMW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coM5ition View Post
I haven’t installed it by myself
Thank you. But my question is, if you installed the LEIB CAN MIL DELETER, the 6 cables are coupled to two connectors of the BCD CONTROL MODULE box.? The assembly instructions are exact, the steps to follow are well explained, and the
wire colors? Thanks and apologies.
Thank you.But my doubt is, if you installed the LEIB CAN THOUSAND DELETER,6 cables ,are coupled to the two connectors of the box BCD CONTROL MODULE.? The assembly instructions, they are accurate,are well-explained the steps to follow,and match the wire colours?.Thanks and apologies.
Thank you.But my doubt is, if you installed the LEIB CAN THOUSAND DELETER,6 cables ,are coupled to the two connectors of the box BCD CONTROL MODULE.? The assembly instructions, they are accurate,are well-explained the steps to follow,and match the wire colours?.Thanks and apologies.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 02:20 AM   #41
kevush
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 F92

I wanted to do the same thing, installing the LEIB CAN MIL DELETER, after finding out what a headache that might be I contacted Bimmerworks.ro
He basically did it over the laptop, saying that this can mil deleter is a double edged sword sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. He did it via software, car has no problems and now sounds as it should.
Appreciate 0