BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Noelle Tune RaceBox data before / after

11-27-2021, 03:33 PM   #23
Bfpd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB_BMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfpd View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Understand the skepticism on the Internet these days. You guys can check out my Instagram at @bdussert. It's all out there (including best ever stock times and a video of my first 2.53 0-60). To clarify, I heard about Noelle initially on YouTube, talked to the guys there and at Lonestar Bavarians, then read all the threads and was discouraged by the lack of data and large number of naysayers. Figured it was worth a go to see what it could do. And I freaking love it so far. It was $3,600 plus an oil change with LiquiMolly. The Noelle warranty says don't do dyno runs due to cooling issues in many dyno setups. They will let you if you prove to them your setup has sufficient air handling. I don't need to dyno it when I just ran a 10.24 ET at 135! Best 60-130 is 6.94 sec. Best ever 60-130 stock was 7.99 sec, with typical being 8.1X. This is far from the only answer, but it's a pretty cool option. And yes, I have a GT2RS and a GT3RS, but still hesitated for weeks before pulling the trigger, because why torch money for no reason?
Like you said, there are way too many skeptical things going with Noelle Tune, some were claiming outrageous numbers and you proved them otherwise posting your times. I mean i'll be honest, for the price you paid for the tune it is not worth it compared to Bootmod3.
Bootmod3 offers same performance, 1/3 cheaper, tested on many more cars so we know its reliable and the biggest thing is their platform that allows you to adjust few things. I'm just not sure why risk paying 3 times more for a tune you know very little of? I mean i would understand going that route if their performance was better but that isn't the case based on the numbers you provided. I don't want to brag but HCP tune for example (Through BM3 Platform) puts down very good numbers, I have their tune together with few other members. 60-130= 5.9s, 1/4 = 9.9s.
Even DME is similarly price ranged as Noelle but again puts down better numbers and has been around.
Right, not saying Noelle is the only, or even best solution. I like the following:
- bone stock hardware and guaranteed smog pass (no cat delete and 4 hour install time)
- tuning of the ECU and TCU, as well as details like updated sports displays, no speed governor, and bone stock drivability for my daily.
- Noelle warranty. Not sure how well it would actually pay out claims, but it's a nice security blanket for a 2020 with only 11K miles.

Bottom line is I'm happy with the results. There are definitely faster 60-130 cars out there, and I plan to build / buy one to be ready for TX2K 2023 that will be faster than any M5 can be reliably (either a built GTR or Underground Racing Lambo).

So for me, I wanted no top speed limiter and over 800 crank horsepower. Would have been happy with consistent sub 10.5 1/4 miles for my daily. Ended up getting 10.24-10.30 on a perfect run, and 10.3X all day long, and 2.5 sec 0-60 times are amazing.

So there you have it. I did look at DME, and think they're also a good option. Just happy with my results.
I understand the list of things you are saying, but those same exact things are offered by every other tune except "warranty". Heck bootmod3 offers even more you can change things such as "exhaust burble" "top speed" and switch tunes as you go and easily within 3 minutes using your phone. Im not trying to sell you BM3 or DME, Im just curious how you trusted someone that has so much skepticism.
I just did my own research and got comfortable enough to have a go. It's honestly too soon to have a final verdict on it either way. Figured worst case, I remove the tune and trade the car in for an M5 CS, Taycan turbo S or Tesla Plaid. Happy with it for now. Being able to tweak a tune with an iPhone app is cool, and Noelle doesn't offer that.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2021, 07:15 AM   #24
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Understand the skepticism on the Internet these days. You guys can check out my Instagram at @bdussert. It's all out there (including best ever stock times and a video of my first 2.53 0-60). To clarify, I heard about Noelle initially on YouTube, talked to the guys there and at Lonestar Bavarians, then read all the threads and was discouraged by the lack of data and large number of naysayers. Figured it was worth a go to see what it could do. And I freaking love it so far. It was $3,600 plus an oil change with LiquiMolly. The Noelle warranty says don't do dyno runs due to cooling issues in many dyno setups. They will let you if you prove to them your setup has sufficient air handling. I don't need to dyno it when I just ran a 10.24 ET at 135! Best 60-130 is 6.94 sec. Best ever 60-130 stock was 7.99 sec, with typical being 8.1X. This is far from the only answer, but it's a pretty cool option. And yes, I have a GT2RS and a GT3RS, but still hesitated for weeks before pulling the trigger, because why torch money for no reason?
Like you said, there are way too many skeptical things going with Noelle Tune, some were claiming outrageous numbers and you proved them otherwise posting your times. I mean i'll be honest, for the price you paid for the tune it is not worth it compared to Bootmod3.
Bootmod3 offers same performance, 1/3 cheaper, tested on many more cars so we know its reliable and the biggest thing is their platform that allows you to adjust few things. I'm just not sure why risk paying 3 times more for a tune you know very little of? I mean i would understand going that route if their performance was better but that isn't the case based on the numbers you provided. I don't want to brag but HCP tune for example (Through BM3 Platform) puts down very good numbers, I have their tune together with few other members. 60-130= 5.9s, 1/4 = 9.9s.
Even DME is similarly price ranged as Noelle but again puts down better numbers and has been around.
Right, not saying Noelle is the only, or even best solution. I like the following:
- bone stock hardware and guaranteed smog pass (no cat delete and 4 hour install time)
- tuning of the ECU and TCU, as well as details like updated sports displays, no speed governor, and bone stock drivability for my daily.
- Noelle warranty. Not sure how well it would actually pay out claims, but it's a nice security blanket for a 2020 with only 11K miles.

Bottom line is I'm happy with the results. There are definitely faster 60-130 cars out there, and I plan to build / buy one to be ready for TX2K 2023 that will be faster than any M5 can be reliably (either a built GTR or Underground Racing Lambo).

So for me, I wanted no top speed limiter and over 800 crank horsepower. Would have been happy with consistent sub 10.5 1/4 miles for my daily. Ended up getting 10.24-10.30 on a perfect run, and 10.3X all day long, and 2.5 sec 0-60 times are amazing.

So there you have it. I did look at DME, and think they're also a good option. Just happy with my results.
I understand the list of things you are saying, but those same exact things are offered by every other tune except "warranty". Heck bootmod3 offers even more you can change things such as "exhaust burble" "top speed" and switch tunes as you go and easily within 3 minutes using your phone. Im not trying to sell you BM3 or DME, Im just curious how you trusted someone that has so much skepticism.
I just did my own research and got comfortable enough to have a go. It's honestly too soon to have a final verdict on it either way. Figured worst case, I remove the tune and trade the car in for an M5 CS, Taycan turbo S or Tesla Plaid. Happy with it for now. Being able to tweak a tune with an iPhone app is cool, and Noelle doesn't offer that.
Is your car leased? What do you consider worst case before you remove tune and trade it in? I think you should go for the taycan or plaid.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2021, 03:50 PM   #25
Bfpd
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is your car leased? What do you consider worst case before you remove tune and trade it in? I think you should go for the taycan or plaid.
Nope, not leased! Going to enjoy the M5 for a long time still.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 05:11 PM   #26
Tiger1016
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
I noticed the Lonestar Bavarians reference, so I realized you are in the DFW area too. I don't know if I'll go with the Noelle tune or something else (because the '19 M5C that I just got on Friday is almost at the 50k mark already, so factory warranty is not a consideration here). Curious what your go to shops are in the area? I live in Uptown Dallas, work in Addison, but my girlfriend lives basically walking distance to Lonestar Bavarians. Nothing grandiose out of the gate planned, just a tune, catless DP, and maybe resonator delete for now.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 02:49 PM   #27
Bfpd
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger1016 View Post
Quote:
I noticed the Lonestar Bavarians reference, so I realized you are in the DFW area too. I don't know if I'll go with the Noelle tune or something else (because the '19 M5C that I just got on Friday is almost at the 50k mark already, so factory warranty is not a consideration here). Curious what your go to shops are in the area? I live in Uptown Dallas, work in Addison, but my girlfriend lives basically walking distance to Lonestar Bavarians. Nothing grandiose out of the gate planned, just a tune, catless DP, and maybe resonator delete for now.
I would say Lonestar is excellent. Just a bit far for me. Jotech is also good (owner has a tuned F90), and I've heard Motek Eurowerkz is great. I'd actually love a great indy shop closer to the DFW airport.
Appreciate 0