BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    FSHNGRY M5C gets Eisenmann Downpipe and Dinan Goodies

11-04-2021, 04:27 PM   #23
ShockArrival
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Search

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
This was an awesome read and great learning, thank you! Would never scoff at more pics of your car either!
      11-04-2021, 11:51 PM   #24
PDOT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Garage List
Is the Carbahn Tension Strut Ball Joint Kit and Dinan kit suppose to be the same performance wise?

With the down pipe did you keep the resonator? Just want to confirm no CEL with swapping the lower downpipe.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 08:10 AM   #25
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

beast! I'm sure the block loves you lol

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 09:15 AM   #26
FrankieNuo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23' G80

Garage List
2023 Bmw M3  [8.36]
I noticed the upgraded exhaust also came with a new Porsche. Sounds amazing!
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2336.50
      11-10-2021, 01:11 PM   #27
werdn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.1 GT3 Shark, ex E92 M3 ZCP

Unrelated, but how is the cayenne? I am thinking of either getting an x5m or a gts cayenne (not considering macan)
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2336.50
      11-14-2021, 02:58 AM   #28
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockArrival View Post
This was an awesome read and great learning, thank you! Would never scoff at more pics of your car either!
Ask, and you shall receive. Incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDOT View Post
Is the Carbahn Tension Strut Ball Joint Kit and Dinan kit suppose to be the same performance wise?

With the down pipe did you keep the resonator? Just want to confirm no CEL with swapping the lower downpipe.
The tension kit is in the rear. While the Ball joints are in the front (again-correct me if I'm wrong). The ball joints are a beefed up "shock absorber" and the tension kit is a concrete bridge versus a plastic pathway.

They have different duties, while performing the same act. Ya know?

Confirmed. Lower Downpipes (Eisenmann on my car) will NOT give a CEL. O2 sensors are in the area replaced by swapping out the UPPER unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Christmas is coming. Some giftcards and bottles of wine to the surrounding few

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieNuo View Post
I noticed the upgraded exhaust also came with a new Porsche. Sounds amazing!
lol The Cayenne was there before the F90 was. Although the F90 has yet to sleep outside of the garage a single night to this day lol

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by werdn View Post
Unrelated, but how is the cayenne? I am thinking of either getting an x5m or a gts cayenne (not considering macan)
Car question? 100% related!

I wouldn't even begin to give an opinion on either X5M nor GTS simply because I haven't owned either. At the time my son was born, we needed an SUV. I had leased a "simple" 3 series for my girlfriend, who then became my wife, who then all of a sudden birthed a mini me.
So we somehow now have a Porsche? LOL

All jokes aside. I am a BMW guy till I die. My wife didn't like the idea of an X5 for some reason. Who really knows, right?

The 2020 Cayenne is a great package for what is offered at the entry level "Euro SUV"

Leaps and bounds better, dare I say - NOT EVEN COMPARABLE to what is offered on the equally optioned X5.

I do have some electrical hiccups with the Cayenne that have been looming over us since we got it. Navigation and touchscreen display in general will go black for 30 seconds - 1 min while driving. Odd and discomforting while on the highway.

I also LOVE/HATE the a-la-carte highway robbery with literally every God D*** option on Porsche.
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 3
Slugsy01157.00
werdn656.00
Jamesmick131.00
      11-16-2021, 03:57 AM   #29
bimmerbeast7
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M5C - '04 m3 manual coupe

Quote:
he hasn't even tapped into half of it!! lol

find my vids lol
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10809.50
      11-16-2021, 08:24 AM   #30
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbeast7 View Post

find my vids lol
lol o boy!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2336.50
      11-16-2021, 12:18 PM   #31
PDOT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Garage List
Quote:

find my vids lol
What's your setup?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 12:26 AM   #32
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

find my vids lol
Lol you are right on this one. I wish I could add the primaries too, but that bright orange check engine light is just "no" for me. And so is a tune.

Drop a link! I'm interested in hearing your car

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 06:39 AM   #33
bimmerbeast7
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSHNGRY View Post
Lol you are right on this one. I wish I could add the primaries too, but that bright orange check engine light is just "no" for me. And so is a tune.

Drop a link! I'm interested in hearing your car
sit tight tho. i have a new intake that im sure nobody has done yet. Will post later today.

i agree with no tune. this thing is faster and louder than my f10..so im good

but no CEL here. very easy fix. and the only thing the CEL is tied to is the O2 sensor functions .. anything else pops up on nav screen.

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 09:34 AM   #34
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
sit tight tho. i have a new intake that im sure nobody has done yet. Will post later today.

i agree with no tune. this thing is faster and louder than my f10..so im good

but no CEL here. very easy fix. and the only thing the CEL is tied to is the O2 sensor functions .. anything else pops up on nav screen.

Sounds great. I had heard a similar, very loud set up on another F90 M5 I had stumbled across on youtube before I picked up my car. I remember at the time, it gave me goosebumps.

I still feel that when I'm driving hard and the windows are down, I'll wince at the occasional downshift that reverbs and echos off the surrounding buildings. It is very loud. Especially with the already menacing MPE.

I do absolutely HATE the constant POP POP POP POP every single time you let off the gas or downshift. God I miss when it was a random noise that would accidentally happen instead of this programmed pain in the ass.

Sounds good though OP! What system is this? and what intake are you going with?

Appreciate 1
Maverik2594140.00
      11-21-2021, 11:43 AM   #35
bimmerbeast7
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sounds great. I had heard a similar, very loud set up on another F90 M5 I had stumbled across on youtube before I picked up my car. I remember at the time, it gave me goosebumps.

I still feel that when I'm driving hard and the windows are down, I'll wince at the occasional downshift that reverbs and echos off the surrounding buildings. It is very loud. Especially with the already menacing MPE.

I do absolutely HATE the constant POP POP POP POP every single time you let off the gas or downshift. God I miss when it was a random noise that would accidentally happen instead of this programmed pain in the ass.

Sounds good though OP! What system is this? and what intake are you going with?
i just did dinan turbo inlets. attached front mount to that but already ditched it for stock airbox.

drivers side gets warm. passenger side stays cool. ive learned experimenting.
stock airbox is hard to beat. I didn't pick up any extra sound with the front mount intake

i can control/silence my pops 100% two different ways: Comfort mode and valves
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 10:51 PM   #36
werdn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997.1 GT3 Shark, ex E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Car question? 100% related!

I wouldn't even begin to give an opinion on either X5M nor GTS simply because I haven't owned either. At the time my son was born, we needed an SUV. I had leased a "simple" 3 series for my girlfriend, who then became my wife, who then all of a sudden birthed a mini me.
So we somehow now have a Porsche? LOL

All jokes aside. I am a BMW guy till I die. My wife didn't like the idea of an X5 for some reason. Who really knows, right?

The 2020 Cayenne is a great package for what is offered at the entry level "Euro SUV"

Leaps and bounds better, dare I say - NOT EVEN COMPARABLE to what is offered on the equally optioned X5.

I do have some electrical hiccups with the Cayenne that have been looming over us since we got it. Navigation and touchscreen display in general will go black for 30 seconds - 1 min while driving. Odd and discomforting while on the highway.

I also LOVE/HATE the a-la-carte highway robbery with literally every God D*** option on Porsche.
Hahahaha I agree with the a-la-carte robbery! How is the handling on the Cayenne? I still have my 07 4.8 x5, and I actually drive that really hard, so if I get a cayenne, I will probably be cornering hard with it too
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 06:16 AM   #37
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

We had an 08 X5 4.8i and now have a 21 Cayenne S. Cayenne handles very well for an SUV — noticeably better than the X5. The old 4.8i is pretty slow by today’s standards. But yes, the Porsche costs 20% more than the BMW.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2336.50
      11-24-2021, 12:28 AM   #38
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
We had an 08 X5 4.8i and now have a 21 Cayenne S. Cayenne handles very well for an SUV — noticeably better than the X5. The old 4.8i is pretty slow by today’s standards. But yes, the Porsche costs 20% more than the BMW.

I agree. The Cayenne is impressive. Even in its base form. At the time I needed to add the SUV, was at the start of this car buying / lot clearing frenzy everyone (myself included) is in.

I heard the words, " No negotiating brother, i've got a Chalk White and a Black (I forget what the color is actually called) The black one had the Porsche Dynamic 4 point lights, so that was an easy sell.

I said it from Day 1- leaps and bounds ahead of a comparable BMW model. I currently have a macan as a loaner, and it is a bang to drive around for quick errands. Fun to take speed bumps without using the brake.

Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 04:40 PM   #39
Dreamer2014
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Explorer

Quote:
https://ind-distribution.com/collect...nsion-link-kit

https://ind-distribution.com/collect...ball-joint-kit

https://ind-distribution.com/collect...downpipe-lower

The first 2 links are for suspension modifications. They can't be seen which is why this post doesn't have any photos and only the YouTube link.

Would only the downpipe mod help the MSport Exhaust sound significantly better...or would you recommend a complete new performance exhaust. I'm just looking for that burble.. deeper sound..louder is good also.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 11:17 AM   #40
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2014 View Post
Would only the downpipe mod help the MSport Exhaust sound significantly better...or would you recommend a complete new performance exhaust. I'm just looking for that burble.. deeper sound..louder is good also.
down pipes and resonator delete will definitely add plenty of pops. i simply removed the res on my base exhaust and when in S+ valves open mode she sounds like gun shots (which im not always a fan of).
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 03:12 PM   #41
Dreamer2014
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
down pipes and resonator delete will definitely add plenty of pops. i simply removed the res on my base exhaust and when in S+ valves open mode she sounds like gun shots (which im not always a fan of).
Hahaha...I love that...thanks..gotta make that happen asap...I'm guessing the dealer wouldn't do such mods right...have to be taken to a reputable shop?
Appreciate 0