BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    M Performance Exhaust X Eisenmann Lower Downpipe

10-24-2021, 10:07 AM   #1
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
M Performance Exhaust X Eisenmann Lower Downpipe

Ordered my last shopping cart of parts last night....

This shipment includes "EISENMANN LOWER DOWNPIPES" in addition to some Dinan Suspension * Rear link kit and Tension Ball Joint kit *

My question for you all....

Does anyone have the M Performance Exhaust on their M5 paired with the Eisenmann Lower downpipes? I would love to hear how it changes the overall sound profile of the car, as well as their thoughts and comments on any drone issues, cold start, etc.

I've asked my installer, and Ryan at IND and neither one had the exact pairing on file.

Would also love to know the HP and TQ numbers this piece adds to the car. I will NOT be tuning my F90, so I know that I will be leaving some power gain potential on the table, but my priority is the overall health and longevity of this car, not how quick I can crank up the power figures before it has a heartattack lol
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 1
EMETREE173.50
      10-25-2021, 11:22 AM   #2
Speedoninstagram
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSHNGRY View Post

This shipment includes "EISENMANN LOWER DOWNPIPES" in addition to some Dinan Suspension * Rear link kit and Tension Ball Joint kit *

Does anyone have the M Performance Exhaust on their M5 paired with the Eisenmann Lower downpipes? I would love to hear how it changes the overall sound profile of the car, as well as their thoughts and comments on any drone issues, cold start, etc.

I've asked my installer, and Ryan at IND and neither one had the exact pairing on file.

Would also love to know the HP and TQ numbers this piece adds to the car. I will NOT be tuning my F90, so I know that I will be leaving some power gain potential on the table, but my priority is the overall health and longevity of this car, not how quick I can crank up the power figures before it has a heartattack lol
I have that exhaust setup on my M5CS. Should be getting the car back this week after the mods, will post videos !
Appreciate 3
      10-25-2021, 11:57 AM   #3
eric97hoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedoninstagram View Post
I have that exhaust setup on my M5CS. Should be getting the car back this week after the mods, will post videos !
please do so I'm so curious to hear that on a cs too fire

Previous BMW model 2018 bmw 340i FBO custom e50 tune 500 wheel
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 10:18 PM   #4
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Although I can't wait to hear your CS with Downpipe-i'm hoping to catch the exact set up. To my understanding the CS isn't equipped with MPE

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 10:22 PM   #5
bimmerbeast7
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M5C - '04 m3 manual coupe

youll get not much from secondary downpipes. a lil more pronounced burbles. tone will be same. loudness same.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 10:58 PM   #6
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbeast7 View Post
youll get not much from secondary downpipes. a lil more pronounced burbles. tone will be same. loudness same.
So I guess then without a tune, you sacrifice the peace of mind and have the "CEL" that will be in your face forever if you choose to do the primary downpipe?

Always nice to gain horsepower figures, but where can one really drive this thing to its max? I'm trying to tweak the sound profile of the car.

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 12:22 AM   #7
Speedoninstagram
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F90 M5

Quote:
Quote:
Although I can't wait to hear your CS with Downpipe-i'm hoping to catch the exact set up. To my understanding the CS isn't equipped with MPE
It came with a standard competition exhaust which in my opinion is ridiculous because if they make an track focused CS they'd have too at least put the MPE on it. But it's okay I swapped mine with my buddies since he was selling his car
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2305.50
      10-26-2021, 03:24 AM   #8
bimmerbeast7
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M5C - '04 m3 manual coupe

Quote:
So I guess then without a tune, you sacrifice the peace of mind and have the "CEL" that will be in your face forever if you choose to do the primary downpipe?

Always nice to gain horsepower figures, but where can one really drive this thing to its max? I'm trying to tweak the sound profile of the car.
what kind of sound do you want? mine does not drone at all
and i have no resonators.
its very angry but totally bipolar ..after cold start
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 10:14 AM   #9
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I want an angry, loud (not ear piercing loud) but hard to describe.

You know when you pull out of your street, and you drive about a quarter mile down the road and the sound is still evidently in the air but you cant see the car?

That.

Something that says " i'm classy, I know my sh*t, and i'm not trying to be like every charger on the road"

Appreciate 1
      10-26-2021, 10:33 AM   #10
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Looking forward to hearing it

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 2
      11-09-2021, 01:04 PM   #11
Slugsy01
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E63s AMG Estate

So I am getting a Akra slip on exhaust fitted in December and asked the fitters whether they would also do some secondary downpipes for me.

They told me that it if I did this, it would void the manufacturer warranty - is this true?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 01:46 PM   #12
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Yes, but only to the extent BMW can prove the modification is likely responsible for the failure you are trying to fix through the warranty. Your power seat claim won’t be a problem. Your turbo failure, transmission failure, leaking head gasket, etc. will probably be challenged by BMW.
Appreciate 2
Slugsy01155.50
FSHNGRY2305.50
      01-13-2023, 12:23 AM   #13
BayDriverSF
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 2021

Quote:
Something that says " i'm classy, I know my sh*t, and i'm not trying to be like every charger on the road"
Yes, I'm not like all those lame EV's that claim to be environmentally friendly but are actually no better...
Appreciate 1