BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    Wheels ant 285 post 295 all with the original 10.5J rear wheels

07-15-2018, 01:32 AM   #1
Luke1881
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 f90,

Wheels ant 285 post 295 all with the original 10.5J rear wheels

This is my idea I would like to know what you think, I thought to put the original rear wheels of 20 with 10.5j and tires 285/35 at the front and then take two new rear wheels and put the 295/35 offset remains the same but there should be better performance and comfort
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #2
DallasLife345M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Uber

I can’t see why that wouldn’t work. I thought about doing the same but 285’s in front might impact turning radius on U turns or parking in tight spots. I’m keeping 275’s in the front, doing 295’s in the rear and adding KW HAS to resolve the wheel gap, and spacers to make the wheels flush with the fenders. Should be the perfect stance IMO
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 04:27 PM   #3
Luke1881
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep

The engine is in front, and therefore the weight, the 285 improve the insertion in the curve also because the rear wheels have the same et of the front if you put the spacers change the et and then you can worsen the insertion in the curve and the radius of steering
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2018, 12:52 AM   #4
Luke1881
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep

A BMW M5 is not a slow car already in standard version Exactly taken, even a fairly fast, as
you can see from our Supertest in this issue. And AC Schnitzer therefore assumes the
presumption to make this M5 even faster?
You bet! The record day came for AC Schnitzer actually something too early, because the
ACS5 Sport had to take part without the additional performance increase to 700 hp and 850
Nm which are still in the testing phase. Since the car is equipped with 650 HP already in
standard version, the Aachen people fully relied on their competence in suspensions and
aerodynamics.
The coilover suspension which is adjustable in height as well as in compression and rebound
was jointly developed and coordinated with KW. In connection with the very downforceoriented
carbon aero including deep front splitter and high Rear wing including Gurney the
ACS5 literally sticks on the flap the Sachsenring. On the road on 20 inches with Michelin
Sport Cup 2, Schnitzer equipped the car with lighter 19” for the record ride with 285 Michelin
Sport Cup 2 like the Corvette Z07 and AMG GT R, radical ZP specification.
And then AC Schnitzer's head of development Roman Fenners took still another ace out of
the sleeve. Or more precisely, from the box: Ex-Formula 1 test driver and Le Mans
professional Jörg Müller. He rises deeply relaxed and in a good mood into the ACS5, beating
him up in sensational 1:31,71 min around the ring and emerges from it in even better mood.
Lap time was great, Müller is already at lunchtime and lies down with a non-alcoholic beer in
the sun. Cheers!
AC Schnitzer ACS5 Sport 1:31.71 min
Record goal achieved! -2.19 sec.

as I thought ... 285 ant!
Appreciate 0