BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    HRE Wheels | Time to bust out the photoshop and start rendering some wheel choices

01-19-2018, 11:05 AM   #1
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

HRE Wheels | Time to bust out the photoshop and start rendering some wheel choices

Starting off with a couple renderings that were done for a few of our clients! Let me know if you're interested in seeing any HRE Wheel style on your future F90 M5

HRE Vintage 501 in Satin Bronze:

HRE P201's in Silver

Thanks for taking a look!
Appreciate 3
      01-19-2018, 11:16 AM   #2
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

How about the P101 in brushed tinted clear and titanium/gunmetal.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 09:20 PM   #3
somer
Major
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 CP

Any chance you guys do R101 LW's in F90 M5 fitment? My guess is we'll want 0.5" wider rears to put 275/295 stagger for the 20" setup. From what leimetier says we can set tire size in the iDrive menu, so the AWD doesn't get wacky.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 10:47 AM   #4
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
How about the P101 in brushed tinted clear and titanium/gunmetal.
Here's something just for you:

Red Calipers is Brushed Dark Clear, Yellow Calipers in Brushed Titanium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somer View Post
Any chance you guys do R101 LW's in F90 M5 fitment? My guess is we'll want 0.5" wider rears to put 275/295 stagger for the 20" setup. From what leimetier says we can set tire size in the iDrive menu, so the AWD doesn't get wacky.
Though I'm the kind of guy who thinks M5 is king, and deserves the best of everything, a super duper lightweight wheel for a 4300lbs+ car isn't what I would recommend Rather I would stick with the standard R101 which will be able to cope with the abuses of an M5 along with the weight of the vehicle. Luckily for you though the R101 is still extremely lightweight and would be more than able to give you the look you're going for.

Once the M5 is released to the public soon enough, we'll be on the search to find one locally so we can 3D scan the vehicle and recommend a fitment. If anyone in the local San Diego area has a new M5 they would let us borrow for a few hours, feel free to reach out to me directly
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 01:53 PM   #5
Nate@IND
Rep
Drives: BMW

Call Cat we have a car for you
      01-22-2018, 01:54 PM   #6
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Call Cat we have a car for you
Thanks Nate
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2018, 03:21 PM   #7
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Okay so I'm new to the forum because I just took delivery of a certified pre-owned 2015 M5 Executive & Lighting Pkg's w/ Cinnamon seats.. 20 inch wheels. non-CP.

Although I love the stock wheels, I want something that will not only make it pop but also not look so flashy.. Was thinking of either a silver brushed or painted (Imperial Blue) HRE wheel that's deep (not too deep) with a chrome lip.

I don't want to go to a 21' wheel because I hear the ride quality drops off big time. Just looking for some feedback to help me decide.. Thanks guys and gals
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 05:08 PM   #8
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxwil View Post
Okay so I'm new to the forum because I just took delivery of a certified pre-owned 2015 M5 Executive & Lighting Pkg's w/ Cinnamon seats.. 20 inch wheels. non-CP.

Although I love the stock wheels, I want something that will not only make it pop but also not look so flashy.. Was thinking of either a silver brushed or painted (Imperial Blue) HRE wheel that's deep (not too deep) with a chrome lip.

I don't want to go to a 21' wheel because I hear the ride quality drops off big time. Just looking for some feedback to help me decide.. Thanks guys and gals
First, congrats on your new M5!

As far as the wheel style you want to go with, I want to point out a few things that we can and cannot do. We have plenty of blue finishes to consider, a large handful of blue finishes that would work, but one thing we do not work with any longer is Chrome. Chrome plating adds too much weight to the wheel, and over time Chrome can cause rust, and other corrosion issues, so instead of chroming, we would option you for a Polished lip which would look just the same, if not better. Funny enough based on this, you're putting together a very similar looking wheel to what I did myself. I personally went with a set of S207H's, with a Stone iLectric Blue Center, and Polished Dark Clear inners and outers. Only difference is I went with the "Dark Clear" inners and outers rather than the standard Polished Clear you're looking for.

No need to go to 21" if you don't want to, we can make 20" wheels just the same. As far as the blue finishes go though, here's what you can option:

Brushed iLectric Blue:

Frozen iLectric Blue (same finish as the above, but with a Satin Clear Coat instead)

Polished iLectric Blue:

Frozen Polished iLectric Blue (same finish as the above, but with a Satin Clear Coat instead)

Stone iLectric Blue:

Frozen Stone iLectric Blue (same finish as the above, but with a Satin Clear Coat instead):

I hope that helps give you some ideas as far as what color to use for your wheels!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 07:23 PM   #9
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Thanks for the quick response.. I agree with no chrome and prefer the polished lip.

So that blue is a little too light and bright. Was thinking more in terms of a dark blue similar to the actual stock paint. Also the lip doesn't seem deep enough. Anything deeper with a polished lip to consider?

Here's a photo of the blue (hope it attached)
Name:  IMG_E0651[1].JPG
Views: 1593
Size:  327.6 KB
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 10:19 AM   #10
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxwil View Post
Thanks for the quick response.. I agree with no chrome and prefer the polished lip.

So that blue is a little too light and bright. Was thinking more in terms of a dark blue similar to the actual stock paint. Also the lip doesn't seem deep enough. Anything deeper with a polished lip to consider?

Here's a photo of the blue (hope it attached)
Attachment 1762560
If that blue is a little too light, then maybe this shade of blue would suffice:

Brushed Blue:

Frozen Blue:

Polished Blue:

Frozen Polished Blue:

Stone Blue:

Frozen Stone Blue:

You mention that the lip doesn't seem deep enough, but these are 1-piece wheels which do not have a lip, so I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to. You say you want something deeper with a polished lip to consider, which is of course perfectly fine, we would just need to show you 3-piece wheels instead of the 1-piece wheels we're displaying so you can look at the finishes we have to offer.

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 11:29 AM   #11
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRE_Wheels View Post
...so we can 3D scan the vehicle...
Already done
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 02:43 PM   #12
bumplin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i Xdrive

I want HRE FF15 as my winter setup. However, I have my own ET and J calculated. Is it possible to make a custom order specific to my request?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 02:47 PM   #13
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumplin View Post
I want HRE FF15 as my winter setup. However, I have my own ET and J calculated. Is it possible to make a custom order specific to my request?
The FF15's are set in the sizing that they come in, no custom offsets available.

If you like that design though, the RS103M is similar enough to consider, and we can easily do this wheel in the offsets/width you request. Custom offsets and sizing can only be done with our Forged wheels. Here's the RS103M shown in Satin Bronze:

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 05:15 AM   #14
avi8tir
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
The FF15's are set in the sizing that they come in, no custom offsets available.

If you like that design though, the RS103M is similar enough to consider, and we can easily do this wheel in the offsets/width you request. Custom offsets and sizing can only be done with our Forged wheels. Here's the RS103M shown in Satin Bronze:

So, will there be an FF offset that will work on the F90? The roads in Houston are horrid and I am tired of worrying about expensive wheels. Was hoping for a reasonably priced set of FF's!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 10:05 AM   #15
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi8tir View Post
So, will there be an FF offset that will work on the F90? The roads in Houston are horrid and I am tired of worrying about expensive wheels. Was hoping for a reasonably priced set of FF's!
Once the F90 Is officially released and we get our hands on one, we can confirm what fitment that vehicle would use. Without having the vehicle here, it's all speculation what the fitment we would be, so we would have to wait until our vehicle is here to verify.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 06:29 PM   #16
bumplin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi8tir View Post
Well, forged wheels are totally unnecessary and too much $$$ for winter setup.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 10:29 AM   #17
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumplin View Post
Well, forged wheels are totally unnecessary and too much $$$ for winter setup.
I wouldn't presume anything my dear friend, especially when it comes to other's financial stability. Here's my customers' winter set up. Sometimes only the best will do and some need to have it, it's not even a question.

You're entitled to your opinion that it's unnecessary, but just know not everyone has the same sentiment.

If you think this car is never driven, last I heard the owner has over 16,000KM recorded.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 04:02 PM   #18
oghabib
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

I ordered a Marina Bay Blue, and am considering going with HRE Wheels Im leaning more towards P101 over the P201, just not sure what finish. Ive always like a gunmetal look, but there are so many finishes not sure which one to go with.

Brushed titanium looks nice but it might be too light for what im looking for, and i dont want to go all black.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 05:01 PM   #19
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oghabib View Post
I ordered a Marina Bay Blue, and am considering going with HRE Wheels Im leaning more towards P101 over the P201, just not sure what finish. Ive always like a gunmetal look, but there are so many finishes not sure which one to go with.

Brushed titanium looks nice but it might be too light for what im looking for, and i dont want to go all black.
Picking a finish can be difficult, it took me a few days to figure out what I wanted on my X5 so I understand the struggle. Marina Bay Blue is a gorgeous color, and of course it should go with a set of wheels which compliments the paint finish.

Since you mention Brushed Titanium, let's start with that because honestly that's one of the first finishes I though of along with it's counterpart, Brushed Dark Clear. With the Brushed Titanium finish we hand brush the wheel (for a P101 that takes about 2-3 hours per wheel), then we apply the Dark Clear powdercoat, which in the instance of the Brushed Titanium finish, would be a Satin Clear Coat. With Brushed Dark Clear, the same "Dark Clear" powdercoat is used, but instead of a Satin Clear Coat, we use a Glossy one. The Gloss clear coat makes the finish appear darker, and personally I like the darker look especially on a darker Blue like Marina Bay Blue (darker as in, it's not like Santorini or Laguna Seca Blue). So here's my recommendation, a set of P101's in Brushed Dark Clear. A little darker than the Brushed Titanium, and I think that's going to certainly win you over. Here's a P101 set in Brushed Dark Clear on an Atlantis Blue F80 M3:

Since you're located in Los Angeles, if you're willing to make the drive down to come see us, we'd love to have you and show you these colors in person. I'll have wheels here I can put up next to the car so you can see what they look like in person to see which finish matches up the best. Feel free to send me a PM if you have time to bring the car down, we'd love to have you!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 06:30 PM   #20
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep

Saw this one from AutoTalent as well, this is much closer to your actual paint finish, with a set of Brushed Dark Clear R101 Wheels so you can see how the color contrasts:

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 06:55 PM   #21
oghabib
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Quote:
Saw this one from AutoTalent as well, this is much closer to your actual paint finish, with a set of Brushed Dark Clear R101 Wheels so you can see how the color contrasts:

Wow that looks great and more what I’m looking for! Thank you for the help
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 11:13 PM   #22
neohh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

I have a marina bay blue on order and am interested in the P104 in brushed dark clear or gloss charcoal.

What is the finish on the 918?
Appreciate 0