BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion    Please Help! M3 Diff

12-18-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
jester2
Registered
Rep
Drives: m3 conv smg

Please Help! M3 Diff

Hi
New member.......
Looking for some help, my diff on my o4 m3 smg has just blown itself to bits!! Dealer is looking for over £2,500 to fit one - any suggestions on a way i can reduce this cost? Seen some second hand ones, but was advised that not all diff's will fit unless the serial numbers match??

Any, and i mean any help appreciated - if i cant afford an xmas pressie for her - she will do something terrible to the car!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

maybe look at quaife diffs. I'm sure they have a setup for you.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #3
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester2 View Post
Hi
New member.......
Looking for some help, my diff on my o4 m3 smg has just blown itself to bits!! Dealer is looking for over £2,500 to fit one - any suggestions on a way i can reduce this cost? Seen some second hand ones, but was advised that not all diff's will fit unless the serial numbers match??

Any, and i mean any help appreciated - if i cant afford an xmas pressie for her - she will do something terrible to the car!
Contact ACS in Germany. They may have some OEM ones laying around since they sell their own shorter upgrade. Personally, I'd get the ACS diff.