BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board    Worse job ever.....

08-24-2015, 07:35 PM   #67
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post

I've never put my hands on myself either, however, my mom never went postal
Lies!!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 11:55 PM   #68
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

I worked in a wheel weight factory in high school for 2 years. While it ultimately contributed to my love for cars, it was brutal. Mississippi summertime heat coupled with the heat of molten lead and to top it all off we had to wear heavy aprons/ gloves and respirators. Our forearms went unprotected however and the occasional splash of lead has left my arms scarred to this day. At least the pay was decent and I didn't have to deal with many people.

Next worst would have to be my grandfather's liquor store. It wasn't the work itself (which was very easy), just the atmosphere. Bums meandering in and trying to steal stuff, bitchy just-of-age customers who want you to describe a bottle to them when they haven't had good wine/liquor in their life and just want to impress their date. The shotgun under the counter was a constant reminder that these places are vulnerable to robbery. My grandfather eventually hired armed security and cops would occasionally hang out there too for a half hour or so if they knew him.

And then the nursing home. Giving baths and wiping asses for old MFers who don't know what year it is anymore. That one probably tops my list because the residents have an attitude about EVERYTHING and it was never a pleasant one. You just have to keep a sense of humor and look at it from their perspective... most rarely got visits from family members and in many cases were forced to go there against their will by the aforementioned family. I'd likely be sour too.

Last edited by PINeely; 08-25-2015 at 12:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 02:58 AM   #69
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

First job after undergrad and through business school on an M&A desk at a bulge-bracket. At the associate level, you have the shit end of the stick, but everyone has to put in their time.
Appreciate 0