BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Thoughts on this deal?

06-01-2023, 05:34 PM   #1
Beno95
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F90

Thoughts on this deal?

Need some help deciding if I should grab one of these or wait it out. Neither really seem like a good deal.

(Option 1)
2023 M5C
- MSRP $128,045
- San Remo Green Metallic
- Black Extended Merino Leather
- Driving Assistance Package
- Executive Package
- Bowers & Wilkins Sound
- Under 50 miles on ODO

Willing to come down to $121,000

(Option 2)
2023 M5C
- MSRP $131,180
- Alvite Grey Metallic
- Black Full Merino Leather
- Driving Assistance Package
- Executive Package
- Delete hands-free tailgate operation (don't know how I feel about this)
- M Driver's Package
- M Performance Floor Mats
- BMW First Aid Kit
- Wheel Locks
- Luggage Compartment Mat
- Full Ceramic Coat
- Window tints all around
- K40 Radar and Jammers installed in grill and rear.
- 6,385 on ODO (Owner of the dealership used it, but still "new" with MSO and not title.

Willing to go to $119,000

Key differences between them:
Option 1 has B&W Sound System
Option 1 has hands free tailgate
Option 1 wasn't used
Option 2 has full leather vs extended
Option 2 has M Drivers Package (though I really don't care about this)
Option 2 is closer to me.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2023, 06:07 PM   #2
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Second one has a bunch of dealer added .. I shouldn’t say Junk but like.. things that run up the price. First one only downside to me is the non extended leather. They went with so many options weird they left that off. Neither had CCBs. Discount seems good on the first one.

Imo who cares about hands free tailgate. That shit doesn’t work half the time anyway.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2023, 11:28 PM   #3
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post

Imo who cares about hands free tailgate. That shit doesn’t work half the time anyway.
Yeah, you are right about that.
2014 F10 M5 Competition
2003 E39 M5
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2023, 01:26 AM   #4
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Not sure what you mean by wait it out. Another couple of months? For the G90? Until it’s entirely an EV?

First one isn’t a terrible deal at all, and it’s brand new. I’d personally take that one over the dealer’s car any day. As for waiting, if you get it now, you’ll own the last MY pure ICE M5.

The longer you wait, the less you’re going to find in terms of inventory if you want an F90 as EOP for it is 07/23. So if you intend on getting it now, I’d do it sooner rather than later.

Did you trade your ‘21 you got after the issue with your ‘18?

P.S. — My hands free tailgate happens to work perfectly 99% of the time, even though I know it irritates a lot of owners. The kicking motion should be straight and forward like a soccer kick, with the motion coming from under your hips, not your leg — keep that 180 degrees straight.
      06-02-2023, 03:42 AM   #5
Beno95
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Not sure what you mean by wait it out. Another couple of months? For the G90? Until it’s entirely an EV?

First one isn’t a terrible deal at all, and it’s brand new. I’d personally take that one over the dealer’s car any day. As for waiting, if you get it now, you’ll own the last MY pure ICE M5.

The longer you wait, the less you’re going to find in terms of inventory if you want an F90 as EOP for it is 07/23. So if you intend on getting it now, I’d do it sooner rather than later.

Did you trade your ‘21 you got after the issue with your ‘18?

P.S. — My hands free tailgate happens to work perfectly 99% of the time, even though I know it irritates a lot of owners. The kicking motion should be straight and forward like a soccer kick, with the motion coming from under your hips, not your leg — keep that 180 degrees straight.

I was thinking more along the lines to see if any dealers start losing money just to move inventory. I’ve been searching for about a month or so. It went from dealers asking over MSRP, then at MSRP, now I’m getting some call backs below MSRP/close to invoice price. Figured with rates up and car sales slowing down we might see some below invoice or at invoice. Probably wishful thinking.

I ended up selling the 21 last summer back to the same dealer. Couldn’t pass up on their offer. I was hitting my lease mile cap, put about 32k miles on it and was able to walk away with the car costing me about $8k for a year and a half. Couldn’t pass up on it. I think they had a buyer lined up and prices were still inflated at the time. Now I want to get back into an M5C as there really isn’t much out there that can compete with it in terms of power, comfort, style.

Same deal on the hand free tailgate on the 21 I had. Always worked great. Primarily used that to open the trunk.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2023, 05:35 PM   #6
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beno95 View Post
I was thinking more along the lines to see if any dealers start losing money just to move inventory. I’ve been searching for about a month or so. It went from dealers asking over MSRP, then at MSRP, now I’m getting some call backs below MSRP/close to invoice price. Figured with rates up and car sales slowing down we might see some below invoice or at invoice. Probably wishful thinking.

I ended up selling the 21 last summer back to the same dealer. Couldn’t pass up on their offer. I was hitting my lease mile cap, put about 32k miles on it and was able to walk away with the car costing me about $8k for a year and a half. Couldn’t pass up on it. I think they had a buyer lined up and prices were still inflated at the time. Now I want to get back into an M5C as there really isn’t much out there that can compete with it in terms of power, comfort, style.

Same deal on the hand free tailgate on the 21 I had. Always worked great. Primarily used that to open the trunk.
I see what you’re thinking now. You’re probably walking a very fine line of dealers anxious to move inventory and eventually not finding anything, even though I have also seen what you say in terms of prices shifting even within the last month or two.

It’s difficult to go to something else once you have had an M5, especially for DD purposes. Best of luck and keep us posted.
      06-08-2023, 07:06 PM   #7
Beno95
Enlisted Member
Rep

Ended up going with option 1. The total cost came out to $122,755. I added the enhanced maintenance package for $960 to cover pads and rotors for the first 3yrs/36,000mi, and the dealership is shipping the car to me in an enclosed trailer from California to the Midwest at their cost, which is about $2,100. Overall I don't think it's the best deal, but I'm happy with it.

Worked with Steven at BMW Fairfield in Fairfield, CA. Very easy to work with, very patient, and overall great experience with the dealership so far. I'll see how everything goes by the time I get the car delivered, but so far they've been great. One of the few dealerships that were willing to entertain offers without getting upset, and they don't charge crazy surcharges for out-of-state buyers.

Hopefully, everything goes smoothly with shipping.

If I didn't add the $960 maintenance package with shipping included that's a saving of about $8300. Again not the best, but I made 50+ calls nationwide most dealers were at MSRP, I did get a few down to the $122,000 range but they weren't willing to cover shipping.
Appreciate 2
      06-08-2023, 07:47 PM   #8
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beno95 View Post
Ended up going with option 1. The total cost came out to $122,755. I added the enhanced maintenance package for $960 to cover pads and rotors for the first 3yrs/36,000mi, and the dealership is shipping the car to me in an enclosed trailer from California to the Midwest at their cost, which is about $2,100. Overall I don't think it's the best deal, but I'm happy with it.

Worked with Steven at BMW Fairfield in Fairfield, CA. Very easy to work with, very patient, and overall great experience with the dealership so far. I'll see how everything goes by the time I get the car delivered, but so far they've been great. One of the few dealerships that were willing to entertain offers without getting upset, and they don't charge crazy surcharges for out-of-state buyers.

Hopefully, everything goes smoothly with shipping.

If I didn't add the $960 maintenance package with shipping included that's a saving of about $8300. Again not the best, but I made 50+ calls nationwide most dealers were at MSRP, I did get a few down to the $122,000 range but they weren't willing to cover shipping.
Congratulations! Can’t wait to see!
      06-10-2023, 08:01 AM   #9
Afed
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5

2nd
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2023, 08:22 AM   #10
RichF90M5C
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 Competition