BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 vs...    Video: Roll Race - F90 M5 Vs. Dodge Demon

09-06-2018, 12:08 PM   #23
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Your info has been very helpful. Enough to stop a 991.2 purchase. lol. Demonology is very good at roll racing and only beat the M5 by 1 car length. Illustrates the great gearing and turbo torque of the M5. The Demon (when hooking) and the 991.2 have a MAJOR advantage over the M5 from a dig. I’ve seen a Demon on a prepped track go 1.35 and a 991.2 go 1.5x when launched properly. M5 can not compete with those numbers stock. A Roll Race is the equalizer. I think it would be very competitive against a 991.2
Lol...glad I could help...I also agree with you as I was with the 991.2 who was 1.5 tenths quicker to the 60' than I. And of course the Demon with true DR's (or slicks) will destroy any stock manufacturer car in the 60'. That said - AWD can sometimes a way of equalizing when surfaces are not optimal for a powerful RWD car.

That said - the tuning path is already stout...and the platform so robust.

In our upcoming Full Review of the two cars, we do some digs and rolls on street surfaces, - as well as the road course(!) - so Stay Tuned to see the results...
Appreciate 2
Vic5518965.50