BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion    Intermittent ConnectedDrive Issues

02-28-2018, 07:46 PM   #1
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

Intermittent ConnectedDrive Issues

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Today I finally put together that when connecting various devices that they all seem to work intermittently.

The issue is on a 2014 X1 (production May 2013).

iPhone - blue tooth connection. Blue tooth on the phone side will show that it is connected. On the car side the phone will be connected but not the media. When the media does connect but then no sound.

iPhone - cradle connection. The phone will get power but not show up in the media as being connected. When it can be selected in the media but then no sound.

We have seen the both of the above with multiple iPhones.

We also have an OEM Heads Up Screen. The speed and engine information comes up intermittently. As well as some information like cruise control. The wifi always works which when paired with and iPhone provides navigation info.

It seems like that any external device is the common factor. I am just not sure what might be the cause. The only thing I can think to request from my dealer is to update all of the firmware ????

Any insight from folks???? THANKS.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2018, 05:17 PM   #2
airbourne
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Only thing I can think of is incompatibility of BMW/Apple devices. A firmware update of both (BMW and Apple device) may solve the issue. If it does not, maybe it's worth checking Bluetooth antenna connection.. and if that does not work, just wait for BMW/Apple to figure it out.
Appreciate 0