BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    Anyone adding a sub to B&W system?

04-15-2024, 06:12 PM   #67
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_M550i View Post
I added to my 2018 M550i an Audio Audiocontrol 1.300 Amp with built in LOC and a JL Audio 10W3 in a side enclosure. Plug and play utilizing a Technicpnp harne.
Looks like a great set up. I’m in the middle of figuring out what subwoofer upgrade I’m going to do right now after my BavSound Ghost kit failed again. I’ve got two loaded enclosures about to go in the rear passenger footwell. Would love to ask you a couple of questions on the route you went!

How much bass are you getting into the cabin and past the insulation? Is the backseat pass through open? How’s the rattle? Any sound deadening material installed for it?
      04-17-2024, 07:20 AM   #68
johnny5ive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

I'm looking into doing something like this:

I'm trying to find the middle seat in Caramel to let my audio guy cut up that instead of my OEM seat. Then I can swap it back if I want.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:57 PM   #69
Sam_M550i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Looks like a great set up. I’m in the middle of figuring out what subwoofer upgrade I’m going to do right now after my BavSound Ghost kit failed again. I’ve got two loaded enclosures about to go in the rear passenger footwell. Would love to ask you a couple of questions on the route you went!

How much bass are you getting into the cabin and past the insulation? Is the backseat pass through open? How’s the rattle? Any sound deadening material installed for it?
I am getting more than enough bass. I do have the pass through open slightly. I have like a 2 inch spacer to prevent it from fully closing and thus the bass easily passes through without me having to push the subwoofer very hard.