BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    Floating Centre Caps

07-12-2023, 07:12 AM   #1
Thresherinc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5, MB SLK 350

Floating Centre Caps

I love the self levelling centre caps, so when I knew I was getting an M5 I ordered some online, due to the considerable faffing around of the dealer and replacing the battery, I have only just got around to fitting them.

They came in OEM packaging, but I'm not convinced they are OEM.

They have a realy good quality roundel, but they are heavier than the last set I had, also a much deeper centre part at the back.

They were cheaper than the last set but as they look okay, I'm going to leave them.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 02:51 PM   #2
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thresherinc View Post
I love the self levelling centre caps, so when I knew I was getting an M5 I ordered some online, due to the considerable faffing around of the dealer and replacing the battery, I have only just got around to fitting them.

They came in OEM packaging, but I'm not convinced they are OEM.

They have a realy good quality roundel, but they are heavier than the last set I had, also a much deeper centre part at the back.

They were cheaper than the last set but as they look okay, I'm going to leave them.
I’ve had multiple sets of these for the standard roundel, and the only (“essentially”) OE heritage roundel set from IND. These are definitely not OEM (the lip around the roundel is incorrect) but they don’t look too bad!

EDIT — N/S and E/W lines are not smooth, demarcation is off. Letters are off, too now that I zoom in and look a little closer.
      07-13-2023, 10:55 PM   #3
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Ya doesn’t look right at all compared to my first set.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1