BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls    Free TPMS Sensor Reading in NYC

01-01-2024, 03:01 PM   #1
WayneM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90M5

Free TPMS Sensor Reading in NYC

My brother has a 2018 540iX and has an error on the dash about a TPMS sensor so I bought the Autel TS508WF reader to confirm the issue. I figured it would cost more than the cost of the unit (about $250) to bring it to the BMW dealer and have them tell me I need a new sensor or two than to buy it and have them replaced myself. It turned out he has 1 dead sensor and 1 low battery so I checked my 2019 M5C and was surprised to discover that I have 4 low battery levels in mine. The good Autel sensors from Amazon are about $30 each vs. the cheapest discount BMW one I could find was $91 so I bought the Autel ones and will have them installed this week. The Autel tool can properly code the sensors as they are dual frequency and program the car if that needs to be done.

If anyone wants to bring their car (BMW or any other car) by the Upper West Side in NYC, I would be happy to scan it for free - it only takes a minute now that I own the tool.
Appreciate 2
      01-01-2024, 04:47 PM   #2
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneM3 View Post
My brother has a 2018 540iX and has an error on the dash about a TPMS sensor so I bought the Autel TS508WF reader to confirm the issue. I figured it would cost more than the cost of the unit (about $250) to bring it to the BMW dealer and have them tell me I need a new sensor or two than to buy it and have them replaced myself. It turned out he has 1 dead sensor and 1 low battery so I checked my 2019 M5C and was surprised to discover that I have 4 low battery levels in mine. The good Autel sensors from Amazon are about $30 each vs. the cheapest discount BMW one I could find was $91 so I bought the Autel ones and will have them installed this week. The Autel tool can properly code the sensors as they are dual frequency and program the car if that needs to be done.

If anyone wants to bring their car (BMW or any other car) by the Upper West Side in NYC, I would be happy to scan it for free - it only takes a minute now that I own the tool.
This is peak forum cameraderie and is emblematic of the love true enthusiasts have for one another.

Hats off to you, sir.
      03-26-2024, 03:09 PM   #3
RJ718
Registered
Rep
Drives: x3MC

Hi, are you still willing to offer your scanner?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 10:40 AM   #4
WayneM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90M5

Sure if you want to bring your car by.
Appreciate 0