BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    What is used headlight worth?

11-22-2023, 03:01 PM   #1
FaThor
Registered
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

What is used headlight worth?

First post here. Question re my 2018 M5 (F90) and what a used headlight is worth? If anything. So, the passenger side front headlight had a yellow angel eye, or half of it. Dealer checked module and said I needed an entire headlight assembly replaced which I did for my right kidney. I did this simply for looks since all else seemed to work fine. I see that people are customizing their headlights with a similar look so I was thinking that someone with the same issue on the driver side light might be interested in my passenger side light to get a balanced look. . . and keep their kidney. So is this a reasonable plan and if so what would you think my old headlight is worth? See photo. Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2023, 12:28 PM   #2
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
Used right (passenger) side units without any damage / repair are worth roughly $700 (what the market will pay, not what the sellers actually want), with modules.

Left sides are currently about 25-30% higher in price.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2023, 01:08 PM   #3
carseatsm5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_M5 View Post
Used right (passenger) side units without any damage / repair are worth roughly $700 (what the market will pay, not what the sellers actually want), with modules.

Left sides are currently about 25-30% higher in price.
What’s up with the difference? More accidents to the driver’s side?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2023, 09:15 PM   #4
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by carseatsm5 View Post
What’s up with the difference? More accidents to the driver’s side?
I wondered the same when I got hit earlier this year on the highway, which caused me to slap a guard rail, but few months later… I’ve replaced/repaired 4 F90 headlights from driver side corner, and I’m not even a Bodyshop…. 😵‍💫
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2023, 04:10 AM   #5
FaThor
Registered
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Thanks for the input and sorry for your loss Igor. Going to the next step, selling it might be tough since there's no way to validate when I say "otherwise, it works great" unless you install. Unless there's a way to test a headlight without doing a full install?
Appreciate 0