BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Dinan Throttle Booster - Any Feedback?

11-20-2023, 06:35 PM   #1
Jambo1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C /// 2023 XDrive40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Dinan Throttle Booster - Any Feedback?

I could have sworn I saw someone on the forum installing some kind throttle booster - but can’t find that post.

Anyone installed a Dinan Throttle Booster (or something equivalent)?

There’s just too much travel on the pedal, which didn’t really bug me, until a recent long trip. This is regardless of how aggressive any of the other settings are.

Just looking for much higher pedal sensitivity. I have a RC GTS - not sure if that even matters.
Reventon Splitter /// Reventon Diffuser /// Addlights M Door LEDs /// Dinan Inlets /// Gentleman's Switch /// Paddleshifterz With Piano Black Steering Wheel Trim /// Charcoal Filter Delete /// Piano Black Side Skirts /// Funk Motorsports Turbo Blankets
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2023, 03:49 AM   #2
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo1 View Post
I could have sworn I saw someone on the forum installing some kind throttle booster - but can’t find that post.

Anyone installed a Dinan Throttle Booster (or something equivalent)?

There’s just too much travel on the pedal, which didn’t really bug me, until a recent long trip. This is regardless of how aggressive any of the other settings are.

Just looking for much higher pedal sensitivity. I have a RC GTS - not sure if that even matters.
Just to make sure you have engine set to sport plus? Because literally you only use 20% of the pedal in that mode and that's essentially WOT
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2023, 04:11 AM   #3
Jambo1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Correct, Sport+.
No way WOT at 20% in my case.
Reventon Splitter /// Reventon Diffuser /// Addlights M Door LEDs /// Dinan Inlets /// Gentleman's Switch /// Paddleshifterz With Piano Black Steering Wheel Trim /// Charcoal Filter Delete /// Piano Black Side Skirts /// Funk Motorsports Turbo Blankets
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2023, 06:53 AM   #4
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Correct, Sport+.
Sounds like your car needs looking at, In sport+ on mine I only need touch the peddle and I'm flying.
      11-23-2023, 11:02 AM   #5
Holset
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp LCI

Yes sport+ makes the trottle very sensitive.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2023, 03:22 PM   #6
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Correct, Sport+.
Probably something to do with your piggy back then lol. For all intents and purposes a piggy back takes takes sensor values from the car and feeds different ones to the ecu so it's quite possible it's affecting the throttle response by taking your throttle position and telling the ecu that it's less than what you're actually at.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2023, 03:24 PM   #7
Jambo1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Probably something to do with your piggy back then lol. For all intents and purposes a piggy back takes takes sensor values from the car and feeds different ones to the ecu so it's quite possible it's affecting the throttle response by taking your throttle position and telling the ecu that it's less than what you're actually at.
I’m inclined to agree with this. I’ll give it a shot with the RC disconnected.
Appreciate 1
micvite1540.00