BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    BMW F90 LCI M5 Competition in Individual Isle of Man Green

04-17-2023, 07:34 PM   #23
imperfectluck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20' F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
Happened to notice local dealership has an M8C Convertible in this color:

https://www.bmwofsterling.com/new-St...DZ0C00PCM39932

Looks a lot better on the F90!
That price tag though.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 07:34 PM   #24
MattTheCarNut
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G05

Um wow! Stunning. IoMG really suits this car. The exterior has aged so well. Pitty that can’t be said about the interior…lol
      04-17-2023, 07:55 PM   #25
sq86
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i E92 LMB

Garage List
Client of mine got a Java Green on this car and I have to say I like the depth of IoMG more. Would be better with gunmetal wheels IMO but to each their own.

BMW CCA Member# 481791
Current: 2013 E92 328i LMB/Saddle Brown (1 of 21 for E92 LCI in that combo), 2018 F31 330xi AW/Saddle Brown
Sold: 2011 1M BS/Black, 2008 E90 328xi AW/Beige, 2001 E46 330xi SG/Black
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 07:58 PM   #26
willyp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5C, M3CS, X5

looks awesome!
      04-17-2023, 07:59 PM   #27
D52M550
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M550i Xdrive

Looks great! Thank God it doesn’t have black wheels. I have yet to see any black wheels that don’t remind me of a very dirty wheel that needs cleaning. Additionally, and especially with expensive aftermarket wheels, the black does nothing but hide the many gorgeous, intricate wheel designs out there. Any, and I mean any, black wheel looks better if the black was removed; with one exception to black wheels with a polished/chrome lip, which is largely aftermarket. Hopefully this trend of ‘dirty wheels’ goes away sooner rather than later. I realize my post will be controversial, but it’s just an opinion that I’m sure a handful will strongly agree. Thanks for reading!
Appreciate 11
eljay1443.50
2011ninja3396.00
Ugly Kar414.50
ZHPsedan135.50
M3 boi3211.00
Namelss766.00
ham34085.50
KB7120.00
      04-17-2023, 08:04 PM   #28
eljay
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M + E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by D52M550 View Post
Looks great! Thank God it doesn’t have black wheels. I have yet to see any black wheels that don’t remind me of a very dirty wheel that needs cleaning. Additionally, and especially with expensive aftermarket wheels, the black does nothing but hide the many gorgeous, intricate wheel designs out there. Any, and I mean any, black wheel looks better if the black was removed; with one exception to black wheels with a polished/chrome lip, which is largely aftermarket. Hopefully this trend of ‘dirty wheels’ goes away sooner rather than later. I realize my post will be controversial, but it’s just an opinion that I’m sure a handful will strongly agree. Thanks for reading!
I agree. So, we just need to find another 4. 😀

Beautiful car and amazing color!
I hope BMW keeps this design direction going.
Appreciate 1
ZHPsedan135.50
      04-17-2023, 08:16 PM   #29
ellipsis212
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Beautiful spec on a modern classic BMW silhouette.

IMO black wheels disappear and do nothing for any car’s lines or proportions. They look like a placeholder to me.
Appreciate 7
2011ninja3396.00
eljay1443.50
D52M55079.50
ZHPsedan135.50
Mr.blue223.00
KB7120.00
      04-17-2023, 08:18 PM   #30
Blue87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 X5 M50i, 05 S2000

Local dealership had a black CS with gold wheels that they ended up sending to CA to sell since there isn't much of a market for a 150k sports sedan in the immediate area (M8 has been sitting since last fall). Anyways, great looking vehicle and wish I would have been in a position to buy it, despite it being colored boring black/black. This green with the Silverstone looks great! I'm sure someone will pick this up soon.
Appreciate 1
Mr.blue223.00
      04-17-2023, 08:33 PM   #31
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion, and I love discussion on the forum. But you really think the 706Ms don’t look really good? (When clean, which, admittedly is a lot of work if you don’t have CCBs). Keep up the maintenance, and they’ll look like this everyday. But you’re right, they’ll basically turn Individual Almandine Brown if they get dirty, which again, I concede, is very easy.

This green with all the gloss black Comp parts is begging for 706Ms IMO.

Different strokes for different folks or some other cliche would be appropriate here.
Attached Images

04-17-2023, 08:41 PM   #32
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
Didn’t take long for an F90 post to morph back in to some G80 grille hate.
Appreciate 1
2011ninja3396.00
      04-17-2023, 08:41 PM   #33
hufington
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 m50i

Garage List
I am gonna end up getting an X5 M because of the Isle of Man Green! By the way, the M5 looks sick!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 08:46 PM   #34
eljay
Colonel
Rep

Yes, it's a simply a style preference thing.
I've never liked "murdered out" cars - I don't even get the term, BTW.

I also don't like 3-piece wheels and polished chrome wheels, nor those tucked up the wheel well or "aired out" where they appear like the axle broke.

The one above, for me, would be perfect with silver wheels and chrome trim around the kidneys.

I don't even like sedans, but I wouldn't chase an M5 out of my driveway if it followed me home.

But I realize that I'm not with the trend.

👍
Appreciate 3
      04-17-2023, 09:06 PM   #35
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
Yes, it's a simply a style preference thing.
I've never liked "murdered out" cars - I don't even get the term, BTW.

I also don't like 3-piece wheels and polished chrome wheels, nor those tucked up the wheel well or "aired out" where they appear like the axle broke.

The one above, for me, would be perfect with silver wheels and chrome trim around the kidneys.

I don't even like sedans, but I wouldn't chase an M5 out of my driveway if it followed me home.

But I realize that I'm not with the trend.

👍
To each their own! Differences of opinion, style, and execution are what make this place great. There a lot here that think black wheels are passé.

I never liked sedans before my F90s, but the M5 changed that. I had been DDing luxury SUVs for a long time prior — primarily Range Rovers. If you had told me just a few months before I got my first M5 that I’d be DDing a sedan for the next almost four years (so far, two more to go), I’d have laughed you out of there.

I’ve had the murdered out conversation quite a few times obviously, as three of my current cars are this color scheme, and I’ve had them consistently for the last ten years or so.

Prevalent theories:

According to Rice University (I find it hilarious they’ve opined on this subject) is that the saying comes from a 1990s album cover by Death Row Records where all the subjects in the photo are wearing all black clothing while standing against a black background.

Somewhat more logical — a group of crows, which are obviously black, are called a “murder,” how a group of geese would be a “gaggle.” So murdering it out is turning the noun into a verb or adjective when saying it’s murdered out.

Third theory — a murder invokes a funeral, everybody goes to a funeral dressed in all black. Murdering the car requires every one to wear all black for its funeral, as does the car.

Less prevalent but still present theories that I won’t dedicate a paragraph each to — blacking out the car kills (most) light reflecting off it; the grim reaper wears an all black robe; a murderer might dress in all black to camouflage themselves…this is a pretty deep rabbit hole lol.

Honestly a pile of nonsense to throw at you, but you would not believe how frequently this comes up at car shows, Cars and Coffee, etc. Thanks for letting me waste your time, lol. 😂

My last four DDs in reverse chronological order. I’ll concede the full size RR may not be truly murdered out because of the silver trim, but I actually thought that pop looked nice. I gutted all the other chrome — wheels, door handles, grilles, underside plates covering the recovery points, lettering, side steps trim, headlight and taillight housings, roof surrounds, and a few others.
Attached Images

RichF90M5C1630.50
M3 boi3211.00
      04-17-2023, 09:21 PM   #36
D52M550
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion, and I love discussion on the forum. But you really think the 706Ms don’t look really good? (When clean, which, admittedly is a lot of work if you don’t have CCBs). Keep up the maintenance, and they’ll look like this everyday. But you’re right, they’ll basically turn Indiviudal Almandine Brown if they get dirty, which again, I concede, is very easy.

This green with all the gloss black Comp parts is begging for 706Ms IMO.

Different strokes for different folks or some other cliche would be appropriate here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheCarNut View Post
Um wow! Stunning. IoMG really suits this car. The exterior has aged so well. Pitty that can’t be said about the interior…lol
Quote:
To each their own! Differences of opinion are what make this place great.

I never liked sedans before the my F90s, but the M5 changed that. I had been DDing luxury SUVs for a long time prior.

I’ve had the murdered out conversation quite a few times obviously as three of my current cars are this color scheme and I’ve had them consistently for the last ten years or so.

Prevalent theories:

According to Rice University (I find it hilarious they’ve opined on this subject) is that the saying comes from a 1990s album cover by Death Row Records where all the subjects in the photo are wearing all black clothing while standing against a black background.

Somewhat more logical — a group of crows, which are obviously black, are called a “murder,” how a group of geese would be a “gaggle.” So murdering it out is turning the noun into a verb or adjective when saying it’s murdered out.

Third theory — a murder invokes a funeral, everybody goes to a funeral dressed in all black. Murdering the cad requires every one to wear all black for its funeral, as does the car.

Honestly a pile of nonsense to throw at you, but you would not believe how frequently this comes up at car shows, Cars and Coffee, etc. Thanks for letting me waste your time, lol. 😂
1) Learn something new today: ✅
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2023, 09:25 PM   #37
D52M550
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
To each their own! Differences of opinion, style, and execution are what make this place great. There a lot here that think black wheels are passé.

I never liked sedans before my F90s, but the M5 changed that. I had been DDing luxury SUVs for a long time prior — primarily Range Rovers. If you had told me just a few months before I got my first M5 that I’d be DDing a sedan for the next almost four years (so far, two more to go), I’d have laughed you out of there.

I’ve had the murdered out conversation quite a few times obviously, as three of my current cars are this color scheme, and I’ve had them consistently for the last ten years or so.

Prevalent theories:

Third theory — a murder invokes a funeral, everybody goes to a funeral dressed in all black. Murdering the car requires every one to wear all black for its funeral, as does the car.

My last four DDs in reverse chronological order.
I’m curious to know if you noticed any real performance differences between your two M5’s. Was the LCI simply cosmetic or is there more to it? Thanks.
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2023, 09:28 PM   #38
Extremeengineer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
I prefer the San Remo Green Metallic🤷‍♂️
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M3 boi3211.00
      04-17-2023, 09:34 PM   #39
eljay
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremeengineer View Post
I prefer the San Remo Green Metallic🤷‍♂️
Oooh. I like this a lot! And yes, this would be my green if I had to choose. Very nice.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 09:49 PM   #40
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I’m curious to know if you noticed any real performance differences between your two M5’s. Was the LCI simply cosmetic or is there more to it? Thanks.
I don’t know if I can give you a completely accurate answer to this because my pre-LCI was a base (blacking out was done by me using all OE Comp parts - grilles, side markers, tail pipe tips, badge, etc.) and my LCI was a Comp, so it changed on two levels when I got into my second and current M5. It’s kind of hard to put the changes in a vacuum to attribute what was a result of base to Comp and what was a result of pre-LCI to LCI. That notwithstanding, I’ll try to answer your question.

I think the biggest thing was that my first M5 was incredibly jerky all the time. Granted I was in Sport+ everything about 95% of the time. I could really feel the speed and acceleration as a result, for better or for worse. It felt more like a sports car than a sport sedan. My current M5 in everything Sport+ (minus the steering settings, there are only two modes on the LCI as opposed to the three on the pre-LCI; I keep it on the most aggressive) is butter smooth. It feels like my previous M5 with everything in Sport (intermediate settings). I still feel the acceleration, but it’s much smoother. Pre-LCI was a rip roaring party animal. So is the LCI, but it’s looking classy wearing a tux while doing it, and buying everybody expensive drinks at the bar.

Pre-LCI felt more “M” than BMW if that makes sense, LCI feels 50/50 like a BMW and an M car, at the same time, all the time, no matter what modes I am in.

Revised dampers in the LCI are night and day compared to the pre-LCI, base or Comp. I felt every damn pebble previously; far, far from being the case now.

LCI feels like it achieves the whole being greater than the sum of its parts.

Since you mentioned about whether it’s cosmetic, some say the LCI makes the pre-LCI look dated. I can kind of see that, but this might just be a matter of personal preference. Classic BMW headlights on the pre-LCI looked fantastic, and the LCI feels a little generic, perhaps like some Audis. LCI tail lights are something else though. Photos don’t do them justice to highlight the vast difference.

I can definitely feel a performance difference between the two, but it’s not extremely drastic. Somebody not paying attention to it, or who doesn’t really know the cars may not notice it. I should disclose that both cars were otherwise mechanically bone stock, but I used and continue to use a RaceChip GTS Black on both. Definitely helped in the violence of the pull when mashing the go pedal. A RaceChipped base compared to fully stock non-RaceChipped Comp will feel better all day. It will deliver way more than the 17hp difference between the base and Comp. Throw the RC on the Comp and you’re really moving at that point.

Overall, I like to have top trim cars when I can, and for my DD especially, I’d never forego the Comp for the base, even if the power bump is minimal in the grand scheme of things. At the end of the day, we’re talking about a 2.83% difference in (claimed) power on a TT 4.4 L V8. I only did it initially because I got an incredible deal on my base that I couldn’t resist — as it washed some negative equity from my RR lease as result of some damage — and made it look the way I wanted for a marginal amount of money.

The short answer (after giving you a novel) is this — the LCI is (to me) improved in every possible regard over the pre-LCI aside from small nitpicky things unrelated to an M car really (like getting rid of the 12 volt plug in the center console from pre-LCI to LCI).

My sincere apologies, I certainly didn’t intend to jack this thread, even though that’s exactly what I did. Sorry gentlemen!
      04-17-2023, 11:01 PM   #41
Jim B
Wingman
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Manual

Isle of Man Green is SO beautiful that I got it on my M4.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
POBA272.00
ZHPsedan135.50
MACHT260.50
M3 boi3211.00
KB7120.00
      04-17-2023, 11:04 PM   #42
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B View Post
Isle of Man Green is SO beautiful that I got it on my M4.
G82 wears this color so well, especially with that interior. And especially love that you went 6MT with it. Beautiful is right!
      04-17-2023, 11:30 PM   #43
TractionControlDelete
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82-E92 M3-E46 M3-E30-S1K-330i

Garage List
2004 X5  [9.00]
2006 325i  [10.00]
2021 S1000RR  [9.50]
2006 330i  [7.75]
1986 325e  [10.00]