BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Spotify

11-13-2023, 12:10 PM   #1
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Spotify

Anyone else's spotify app take a dump or is it just my car? Did the usual reboots and it's been about a week since it's just stuck on loading. Works fine if I play it through my phone via Bluetooth just annoying the app itself is dead. Tried switching profiles and log in to another one and it just says spotify isn't available.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2023, 12:43 PM   #2
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Mine's been alright. Business as usual Saturday night.

I'm using iPhone, though.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2023, 01:02 PM   #3
pmsteinm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 M5C, 19 X5

Garage List
I have no traffic data so I assume something is busted on BMW's end. Fortunately I can use Google Maps in the meantime.

I guess "Connected Drive" is an oxymoron.

Here's a topic:
Connected Drive is neither connected nor a drive, discuss.
Appreciate 1
nerdogray1301.50
      11-13-2023, 09:44 PM   #4
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmsteinm View Post
I have no traffic data so I assume something is busted on BMW's end. Fortunately I can use Google Maps in the meantime.

I guess "Connected Drive" is an oxymoron.

Here's a topic:
Connected Drive is neither connected nor a drive, discuss.
Lol yeah my automatic windows died for a while then they randomly came back... now spotify finally realized I logged out of all my accounts but still saying unavailable when I try to log in. Give it another week ig

What I really miss is the parkmobile app they used to have...
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2023, 11:11 AM   #5
omgmike
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M5C

I can't stand how clunky the Connected Drive version of Spotify is. Tried using it a few times and it's just awful. Now I will only use it exclusively through CarPlay.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2023, 11:14 AM   #6
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgmike View Post
I can't stand how clunky the Connected Drive version of Spotify is. Tried using it a few times and it's just awful. Now I will only use it exclusively through CarPlay.
I personally hate carplay and android auto haha..... now the spotify on my 2022 worked great, 2023? Not so much and that's probably spotify updating stuff and breaking shit since they don't really care about the integration. I'm curious if 2022 cars with pandora and parkmobile still have them or if they just disappeared or just stopped working. (I also hate that screen mirroring is gone for 2023)
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 09:59 AM   #7
robertf90
Rep
Drives: BMW F90

micvite, my 2023 F90 started doing the same thing with Spotify loading which I first noticed about a week ago. I am also missing the satellite radio streaming channels above number 460. I've tried rebooting several times and logging out of the BMW link on the Spotify web site however no change so far. I have been busy with other activities so haven't yet investigated further.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 11:54 AM   #8
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertf90 View Post
micvite, my 2023 F90 started doing the same thing with Spotify loading which I first noticed about a week ago. I am also missing the satellite radio streaming channels above number 460. I've tried rebooting several times and logging out of the BMW link on the Spotify web site however no change so far. I have been busy with other activities so haven't yet investigated further.
Mine fixed itself yesterday finally (I logged out of ALL devices in soitfy website a few days ago, then it finally showed the login page saying spotify unavailable and yesterday I finally got it to log on)
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 03:14 PM   #9
pmsteinm
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
My traffic fixed itself a couple days ago. I did finally get a response from BMW, so here is something to try next time:

We recommend performing an Update Services in your vehicle to refresh the connection. This can be done by following the steps below:

-Hold the power button down for 70 seconds exactly. (The volume knob is the iDrive power button)
-The iDrive screen in the center of the vehicle will turn off and reboot around 25 seconds into the 70 seconds, but keep holding the power button for the entire 70 seconds
-After 70 seconds, release the power button and wait for iDrive to boot up
-On the iDrive, click "Apps" and then press the “Option” button near the iDrive controller in the center console
-Choose “Update apps and services”. The vehicle will then undergo a short update.
-Finally, remove the MYBMW app from your phone and then reinstall the app.
Once the update completes, we recommend shutting the vehicle off and locking doors allowing 30 minutes before restarting the vehicle to check the connection.

Please navigate to the main menu on your iDrive screen in the vehicle and select Car, Driver Profile and make sure you are logged in. Please navigate back to the main menu and select Car, Settings, General settings, scroll down to Data Privacy and select and make sure box is checked for Agree and activate all.

Lastly, Please Navigate to the main menu on your iDrive screen and select Navigation> scroll down to Settings and select>Configure Services and make sure box is checked for Traffic Information.

Gotta love the Germans...70 seconds exactly...if you do 71 your car will load the 520i software and have 100hp.
Appreciate 2
omgmike359.00
nerdogray1301.50
      11-16-2023, 03:16 PM   #10
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
My traffic fixed itself a couple days ago. I did finally get a response from BMW, so here is something to try next time:

We recommend performing an Update Services in your vehicle to refresh the connection. This can be done by following the steps below:

-Hold the power button down for 70 seconds exactly. (The volume knob is the iDrive power button)
-The iDrive screen in the center of the vehicle will turn off and reboot around 25 seconds into the 70 seconds, but keep holding the power button for the entire 70 seconds
-On the iDrive, click "Apps" and then press the “Option” button near the iDrive controller in the center console
-Choose “Update apps and services”. The vehicle will then undergo a short update.
Once the update completes, we recommend shutting the vehicle off and locking doors allowing 30 minutes before restarting the vehicle to check the connection.

Please navigate to the main menu on your iDrive screen in the vehicle and select Car, Driver Profile and make sure you are logged in. Please navigate back to the main menu and select Car, Settings, General settings, scroll down to Data Privacy and select and make sure box is checked for Agree and activate all.

Lastly, Please Navigate to the main menu on your iDrive screen and select Navigation> scroll down to Settings and select>Configure Services and make sure box is checked for Traffic Information.
Yeah I did that already, it didn't do anything haha
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 09:40 PM   #11
robertf90
Rep
Drives: BMW F90

I fixed mine today. After researching on line & before reading pmsteinm’s post, I rebooted both the iDrive & Telematics. With engine running I held down the volume button for 70+ seconds. You’ll see the iDrive screen turn on and right back off a couple of times. After the screen went off at around 70 seconds, I let go of the volume button and all was well again. By the way, my Spotify quit working after dealer performed break-in (run-in) service, but it's fixed now.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 09:43 PM   #12
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertf90 View Post
I fixed mine today. After researching on line & before reading pmsteinm’s post, I rebooted both the iDrive & Telematics. With engine running I held down the volume button for 70+ seconds. You’ll see the iDrive screen turn on and right back off a couple of times. After the screen went off at around 70 seconds, I let go of the volume button and all was well again. By the way, my Spotify quit working after dealer performed break-in (run-in) service, but it's fixed now.
I guess it's luck of the draw lol I'll try again next time it acts up
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2023, 08:49 AM   #13
pmsteinm
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Yay software. Months ago I posted how all displays crashed (HUD, IPC, and iDrive screen) and rebooted while I was accelerating after a hard turn. At least the engine runs on a different system so it kept running fine. Wait until BMW decides to save money and says "you know, 1 system could handle the all the functions including iDrive and engine and transmission." Then we end up with the F-35.
Appreciate 1
nerdogray1301.50
      11-20-2023, 07:19 PM   #14
omgmike
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M5C

Quote:

Gotta love the Germans...70 seconds exactly...if you do 71 your car will load the 520i software and have 100hp.
That is absolutely asinine. The Germans are excellent at engineering, but they shouldn't be allowed in the room when it comes to architecting software and designing the UX.
Appreciate 0