BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    New M5 Competition owner - lots of questions!

04-06-2024, 03:31 PM   #1
MajicalMaj
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

Garage List
New M5 Competition owner - lots of questions!

Hi All,

I'm the very proud owner of a 2019 M5 Competition. Had a 2019 and a 2022 M5 previously which were leased and my own preference was with the older model. So have just purchased this from a main dealer and very happy with it.

So as you can imagine I'm looking at 'customising' it a little

I have loads of questions, so hopefully you will all forgive me if I'm a little 'over the top'!

I'm looking at the following:

1. Looking to wrap it. The car is currently Alpine white and it's probably the only thing that I'm not that ok with. It was fully spec'd with every imaginable extra (soft close door, ionic air con, heated/cooled/massage seats, ceramic brakes, etc) so a no brainer when I new I could wrap the car. Looking to get something similar to the BMW Isle of Man green if I can. Don't want to loo 'boy racer', but more of an eye turner without the hype. Still looking at wrapping companies in the south of the UK and need to chose the right one as this come out at approx. £4,500.

2. Even though I wasn't as happy with the 2022 LCI version of the M5 I leased as the 2019 version, I still preferred the rear and front lights. So currently looking to replace the rear tail lights with the LCI version. Then move to the front lights, however these are a lot more expensive so might take a while to get the funds together!

3. I have Apple CarPlay which is great, however this only shows on 3/4 of the screen. I know there is a way to code this using an OBD device, so will be looking into this and hopefully this forum might be able to help me with suggesting an OBD device I can get from Amazon UK please?

4. Looking to replace the rear exhaust tips with something a bit 'posher'. The existing ones have seen better days and I know as it's the M Performance exhaust system I have to make sure any new ones fit. Also these seem to be very expensive if you go for carbon fibre ones, so again looking for something that looks good but doesn't break the bank. Does anyone have any good suppliers for this in the UK please?

Phew, I think thats all I have at the moment, my son has just upgraded his Mercedes A45s with a Venturi air induction system and keeps telling me to get this for the M5, however I am really happy with the engine and can't seem to understand why I'd want to spend >£3k on this.

I'd be very grateful if anyone can suggest anything else that might be good to enhance my car please and hope to be on this forum as much as I can getting the experience you guys have to help me with my purchase. Thank you. Matt

Last edited by MajicalMaj; 04-06-2024 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: Wanted to try and move the post to the general area of the M5 forums
Appreciate 0