pooyab
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 2020 BMW M5C

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
M5CS Questions

What features is the car missing?
Does it have keyless entry, ADAS safety features, etc. the reason we didn't go for an M2CS is because of the lack of keyless entry.

Is it a single MY car or will more allocations be distributed next year as well?
Interlagos Blue/Speed Cloth | BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Alpine Stage 2 | KW Clubsport | Resonated X-Pipe | Eisenmann Race | StopTech BBK | TE37SL | YFCM CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Turner Control Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | Turner Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Alpine DCT Tune | Karbonius Intake | Carbon Roof (TBD)
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 03:22 PM   #2
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooyab View Post
Does it have keyless entry, ADAS safety features, etc. the reason we didn't go for an M2CS is because of the lack of keyless entry.

Is it a single MY car or will more allocations be distributed next year as well?
Check out the ordering guide on this list

2022 M5 CS Ordering Guide & Pricing Guide https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1797365

It does come with comfort access standard, back up camera, etc.

For me, I was disappointed that it could not be configured with Gesture Control and Driving Assistant Pro
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 1
pooyab330.00
      08-15-2021, 09:07 PM   #3
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:

you passed on a car because it didn't have keyless go?

God forbid..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 09:23 PM   #4
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:

Yes, it has keyless entry. I can even remote start it from either the key or the app.

For model year, you are outta luck. BMW said that the M5CS would be limited to a 1 year production run.

By the way, it doesn't matter to me, but if you skipped the M2CS because it didn't have keyless entry then the M5CS might not be the right car for you. It doesn't have the storage compartment in the center console. Lol

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 10:21 PM   #5
pooyab
Major
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
Quote:

Yes, it has keyless entry. I can even remote start it from either the key or the app.

For model year, you are outta luck. BMW said that the M5CS would be limited to a 1 year production run.

By the way, it doesn't matter to me, but if you skipped the M2CS because it didn't have keyless entry then the M5CS might not be the right car for you. It doesn't have the storage compartment in the center console. Lol
Yea I noticed the lack of center storage but it has a glove box, should be good enough.

Just don't like the take a key out to unlock the car but then put it away to have keyless start. Either go full keyless or just classic analog keys. The harness for keyless entry might save 2lbs but not worth it the weird combo resulting from it.

The overall interior of the CS is a significant step up from the Comp imo.
Interlagos Blue/Speed Cloth | BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Alpine Stage 2 | KW Clubsport | Resonated X-Pipe | Eisenmann Race | StopTech BBK | TE37SL | YFCM CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Turner Control Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | Turner Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Alpine DCT Tune | Karbonius Intake | Carbon Roof (TBD)
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 10:27 PM   #6
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yea I noticed the lack of center storage but it has a glove box, should be good enough.

Just don't like the take a key out to unlock the car but then put it away to have keyless start. Either go full keyless or just classic analog keys. The harness for keyless entry might save 2lbs but not worth it the weird combo resulting from it.

Honestly, I had my M3CS for almost three years and, yeah, it did suck not having keyless entry.

But, I never would have let that stop me from getting the car. It was truly phenomenal and I hear very similar things about the M2CS as well.

'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 10:55 PM   #7
pooyab
Major
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Honestly, I had my M3CS for almost three years and, yeah, it did suck not having keyless entry.

But, I never would have let that stop me from getting the car. It was truly phenomenal and I hear very similar things about the M2CS as well.
I'm more of an E9X guy. The current research is just to help my wife pick her car, all the videos seem to rave about the M5CS and M2CS like you mentioned.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 01:53 AM   #8
Hulk Smash
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:

I can usually unlock the car without pulling the keyfob out my pocket. It's easy to know which button is unlock and where it's located on the fob. I just reach into my pocket and unlock the car. It's only a slight hassle and it's something you ever think about while driving a CS.

But yeah, we all have different things that we will consider a deal breaker. Someone else posted they didn't get a CS because it didn't have dedicated music track changing buttons on the steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 03:53 PM   #9
BlueString
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 550i, 2021 F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2CS View Post
I can usually unlock the car without pulling the keyfob out my pocket. It's easy to know which button is unlock and where it's located on the fob. I just reach into my pocket and unlock the car. It's only a slight hassle and it's something you ever think about while driving a CS.

But yeah, we all have different things that we will consider a deal breaker. Someone else posted they didn't get a CS because it didn't have dedicated music track changing buttons on the steering wheel.
Lol. We all have our pet peeves. To each his own. It's good there are many model options for many of us to choose from.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 06:25 PM   #10
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Wish BMW offered this in black. If I were running the show, I'd have two options and two options alone. Non-metallic black or matte black. Black gloss calipers. Done.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 06:36 PM   #11
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
Wish BMW offered this in black. If I were running the show, I'd have two options and two options alone. Non-metallic black or matte black. Black gloss calipers. Done.
Sounds boring. But,hey, it worked for Henry Ford.

'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0