BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Marina Bay Blue/Aragon F90 M5 w/slight order snafu

04-13-2018, 04:33 PM   #1
mad4comp
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 MBB M5

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
Marina Bay Blue/Aragon F90 M5 w/slight order snafu

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Here she is..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CQHJTBT95y6EwNX22 (sorry for the terrible potato quality.. old iphone + sun = bad pictures).

Just a quick question for you folks. So I ordered this car with the Black/Silver looking wheels, but they sent me all Black wheels. In my initial order sheet it had the order code for the Black 706M, 2AB or something, (but only said 706M with mixed). I took this to mean that 706M mixed = mixed colors, and I didn't think anything of it. Turns out it's with mixed performance tires. Dealer said he can't do anything about the wheels other than order another M5.... just for incorrect wheels... When I was initially ordering the car, we picked the options on the BMW Site (dealer did it on his computer while i watched) and then the dealer is the one that put in the order. Anyone have any suggestions? I mean the car looks gorgeous regardless of the wheels, but I feel like for 120k i should be able to get the wheels I wanted.

Let me know what you guys think! (about the car and the wheel issue).

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 06:33 PM   #2
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

I think the car looks awesome ! I ordered all black and love them so I’m no help there. Does the dealer acknowledge they messed up the order ?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 07:21 PM   #3
stbm5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 DG

1. i think if you want the other wheels then they should get them. it sounds ridiculous to me that they'd have to order another car (the wait is 4 mos right now) just for wheels.

2. that said, i personally think the black look good and i would keep them.

3. do you need winter wheels? you could keep the black, order the black/silver and then have a winter wheel set-up.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 07:39 PM   #4
rS2g
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Comp-GrigioTelesto-Tat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad4comp View Post
Here she is..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CQHJTBT95y6EwNX22 (sorry for the terrible potato quality.. old iphone + sun = bad pictures).

Just a quick question for you folks. So I ordered this car with the Black/Silver looking wheels, but they sent me all Black wheels. In my initial order sheet it had the order code for the Black 706M, 2AB or something, (but only said 706M with mixed). I took this to mean that 706M mixed = mixed colors, and I didn't think anything of it. Turns out it's with mixed performance tires. Dealer said he can't do anything about the wheels other than order another M5.... just for incorrect wheels... When I was initially ordering the car, we picked the options on the BMW Site (dealer did it on his computer while i watched) and then the dealer is the one that put in the order. Anyone have any suggestions? I mean the car looks gorgeous regardless of the wheels, but I feel like for 120k i should be able to get the wheels I wanted.

Let me know what you guys think! (about the car and the wheel issue).

Thanks guys!

If you're in an area where you will need winter rims you should demand a heavy discount on that.
2013 F10 - Space Grey - Sakhir Orange
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 04:34 PM   #5
mad4comp
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 MBB M5

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
Thanks guys, bought her today and got a nice discount. Immediately dropped off the car over at my detailer. So I wont have the car for about a week . But should be protected with PPF and CeramicPro when I get her back. I'll post some post-detail pics when I get a chance.
Appreciate 0