E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > CA w/ Alarm and Locking

02-14-2006, 02:33 PM   #1
Puddles
Registered
Rep
Drives: '06 E91 - Artic - SP - PP - CA

CA w/ Alarm and Locking

Hi there...

I tried to search for an answer but couldn't find anything. I do remember a thread a while back on something similiar but I couldn't relocate it.

I just got the factory alarm installed on my E91 (dealer installed). Before I got it installed I swear I could lock the door via the grooves w/o having the windows/roof close and mirrors fold (by touching the grooves briefly). Before, this fuction would only activate when I held down on the grooves or used the key. Now after the alarm, when I briefly touch the grooves, the window/roof close and mirrors fold, just like if I held down on the grooves. I don't see an option in the personal profiles to change this. Is this a dealer setting?

For unlocking, after installing the alarm, I can't seem to open the windows and roof by holding the handle. I assume its related to the locking issues???

One last question. How loud is your siren? Mine seems kinda weak. Is that becuase the siren is up in the rear wheel well behind the felt covering?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2006, 05:45 PM   #2
rebelfocus
Second Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 520d SE Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddles

One last question. How loud is your siren? Mine seems kinda weak. Is that becuase the siren is up in the rear wheel well behind the felt covering?
My alarm siren is quite loud but not deafening. I see no cause for complaint really.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2006, 06:10 PM   #3
db17k
Chicketeh china the chinese chicken, you have?
Rep
Drives: 335ci hold out

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
the car probably closes all the windows and sunroof because you are activating the alarm. and what good is an alarm if you windows are open.

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2006, 06:31 PM   #4
Discodancingrover
F=MA?
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddles
For unlocking, after installing the alarm, I can't seem to open the windows and roof by holding the handle. I assume its related to the locking issues???

Thanks for your help in advance.
I could never open the window or roof when holding the handle. So either it never did that or with the alarm it does it. The alarm is very annoying and deafining.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2006, 11:17 PM   #5
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
The alarm is loud enough, so don't worry about it.

I actually like the chirping when you lock/unlock the car.

Not sure about about your windows/mirrors folding issue though. I still have to hold down on the groove longer to get the mirrors to fold. I've never tried closing the windows before with the CA, just the normal way from inside.

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 12:09 AM   #6
Puddles
Registered
Rep
Drives: '06 E91 - Artic - SP - PP - CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by db17k
the car probably closes all the windows and sunroof because you are activating the alarm. and what good is an alarm if you windows are open.

In my old car, I had a 2-stage proximity sensor which detected movement inside and out. I figure it might be nice to crack the windows or tilt the roof on those hot summer days.

The lock/unlock chirp is great.

I hope that BC weed hasn't effected my memory about how my CA used to work B4 the alarm was installed
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 12:45 AM   #7
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Before I received my vehicle, I had the dealership install the factory alarm.

On my e90, the alarm turns on (assuming the trunk is closed) whether I tap the handle briefly or hold my finger on the grooves. The length of time I keep my finger on the grooves determines what closes. Tap briefly and doors lock only. Longer, the mirrors fold inward. Even longer, the windows roll up and sunroof closes.