BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 vs...    BMW M5 f90 vs. Mercedes-AMG E63 S. Both stock. Unlim 500+ highlights.

03-04-2019, 12:26 PM   #1
mr_djurgarden
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 F90

BMW M5 f90 vs. Mercedes-AMG E63 S. Both stock. Unlim 500+ highlights.

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
this is not Carwow

enjoy

------------------------
2018 M5 F90
2015 M5 F10 Competition Package
2012 M5 F10
Appreciate 2
vtknight966.50
soooma1373.00
      03-04-2019, 03:06 PM   #2
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_djurgarden View Post
this is not Carwow

enjoy
3 for 3, nice!

BMW fan perspective: statistically significant results. Clearly, the M5 is faster. Make it a Comp and the gap would be even bigger.

AMG fan perspective: that car must've been broken.
Appreciate 1
soooma1373.00
      03-04-2019, 03:09 PM   #3
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_djurgarden View Post
this is not Carwow

enjoy
Thanks for posting...It's always good to see Dragtimes RU...With all of these reviewers who can't seem to figure out the F90's launch control - and with being one of the few who has produced solid numbers myself (along with Onfire etc) - it made me almost second guess myself that we got some outliers versus everyone else. This show's here what I expected; lowish 11's for the Merc and almost 10's for the F90.

On a personal story note - Dragtimes RU are somewhat responsible for me getting my GTR because WAY back in the day they were running on the streets and were about to start the mile when they bought Switzer GTR's (Oleg and a few others) - which were some of the first turbo swap GTR's ever built - and when I found out Switzer was in Ohio - I went down to take a visit. The rest is history.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 11:45 PM   #4
Neptune7
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
Thanks for posting...It's always good to see Dragtimes RU...With all of these reviewers who can't seem to figure out the F90's launch control - and with being one of the few who has produced solid numbers myself (along with Onfire etc) - it made me almost second guess myself that we got some outliers versus everyone else. This show's here what I expected; lowish 11's for the Merc and almost 10's for the F90.

On a personal story note - Dragtimes RU are somewhat responsible for me getting my GTR because WAY back in the day they were running on the streets and were about to start the mile when they bought Switzer GTR's (Oleg and a few others) - which were some of the first turbo swap GTR's ever built - and when I found out Switzer was in Ohio - I went down to take a visit. The rest is history.
Since you guys are drag racing experts, I’m curious if you thought of shaving even more time from the stock build by getting CCBs. Would the savings in unsprung weight/torque inertia be significant enough to see better acceleration/quarter mile times?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 12:03 AM   #5
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune7 View Post
Since you guys are drag racing experts, I’m curious if you thought of shaving even more time from the stock build by getting CCBs. Would the savings in unsprung weight/torque inertia be significant enough to see better acceleration/quarter mile times?
I would say instead of spending that extra coin on CCB's, it would be much better served spent on a tune, down pipes and exhaust - that you will definitely see (a major improvement). I would say stock for stock - CCB's- the affect would be pretty minimal in the 1/4 mile - and seen more in road course (as well as the improved braking affect).
Appreciate 1
Neptune71416.00
      03-06-2019, 10:53 PM   #6
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune7 View Post
Since you guys are drag racing experts, I'm curious if you thought of shaving even more time from the stock build by getting CCBs. Would the savings in unsprung weight/torque inertia be significant enough to see better acceleration/quarter mile times?
I would say instead of spending that extra coin on CCB's, it would be much better served spent on a tune, down pipes and exhaust - that you will definitely see (a major improvement). I would say stock for stock - CCB's- the affect would be pretty minimal in the 1/4 mile - and seen more in road course (as well as the improved braking affect).
Best thing I like about my F90 is CCBs and I don't track my car! So confidence inspiring driving!!!
Also hated them on my F10!!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 10:07 AM   #7
Dethsupp0rt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

How did I not know about this event/livestream? I'd totally watch the shit out of this on a lazy Saturday/Sunday afternoon.

Whole 5+ hour event for those interested:

Appreciate 0