BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    M Performance Exhaust Tips

02-11-2019, 10:32 PM   #1
BigMacSmallFries
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M5C 911 Turbo F430 GT3 RS

M Performance Exhaust Tips

Now that the exhaust available for purchase, can someone measure the diameter of the carbon tips? Would like to know if they work on the stock exhaust. The stock exhaust diameter outlet is 70mm, these need to be around 73mm to work. All previous versions of the MPerformance carbon tips are a maximum of 70mm so they aren't big enough for the exhaust outlets on the M5.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 09:15 AM   #2
Rennology
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: IG @rennology

Garage List
Also curious about this..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 03:39 PM   #3
Ever34
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

I don't think you will be able to buy the tips separately. Unlike the m3, M4 versions you don't get to pick the tips. It comes with these as a kit. There is no part number for the tips.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 03:56 PM   #4
Demon Barber
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5, 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever34 View Post
I don't think you will be able to buy the tips separately. Unlike the m3, M4 versions you don't get to pick the tips. It comes with these as a kit. There is no part number for the tips.
Not true in this case. They are a separate part number, and ordered separately. Just had the full system installed today.

Part number for the tips is 18302456072

However, I seriously doubt that the diameter of the M performance exhaust pipes/tips matches the diameter of the stock exhaust. M performance looks larger.

Trust me guys, you want this full system, not just the tips. Online, they are advertised at different BMW part stores as low as $5600 not including tips, which is compared to the BMW website at $6890, not including tips. Ask for a loyalty discount at your local dealer parts department (I got my dealer to come down to $5600 for the main system, tips are extra). I got mine installed, with tips, tax, and labor for $7300.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 04:12 PM   #5
Ever34
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Barber View Post
Quote:
Not true in this case. They are a separate part number, and ordered separately. Just had the full system installed today.

However, I seriously doubt that the diameter of the M performance exhaust pipes/tips matches the diameter of the stock exhaust. M performance looks larger.

Trust me guys, you want this full system, not just the tips. Online, they are advertised at different BMW part stores as low as $5600 not including tips, which is compared to the BMW website at $6890, not including tips. Ask for a loyalty discount at your local dealer parts department (I got my dealer to come down to $5600 for the main system, tips are extra). I got mine installed, with tips, tax, and labor for $7300.
Ok I guess it's different in Canada. The whole assembly was one part number
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 04:32 PM   #6
windtendo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

For $7300, I'm curious what made you go with this over Akrapovic? Seems high for a stainless exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 04:36 PM   #7
Ever34
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by windtendo View Post
Quote:

For $7300, I'm curious what made you go with this over Akrapovic? Seems high for a stainless exhaust.
It's titanium
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 05:21 PM   #8
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's titanium
Partially... Exhaust is NOT full titanium...

Stainless steel and titanium... 1/4 titanium...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 05:38 PM   #9
Ever34
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's titanium

I'm aware. It's a combination of lightweight stainless steel and titanium. So you quote 1/4 titanium. Curious to know how you come up with this number. From what I understand you don't have the MPE exhaust so you just came up with this how?...just curious
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 06:02 PM   #10
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's titanium

I'm aware. It's a combination of lightweight stainless steel and titanium. So you quote 1/4 titanium. Curious to know how you come up with this number. From what I understand you don't have the MPE exhaust so you just came up with this how?...just curious
Dealership... Muffler is titanium rest of it isn't...

Also shop confirmed same thing... I just don't want people running out thinking it's a slightly cheaper version of a titanium exhaust like Akra when it isn't full Ti... It's made by Boysen this time around, not Akra either...

So I guess you're over here questioning how I know this, if you are aware it's stainless steel and titanium, why are you telling people it's Ti? It's misleading in my opinion...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 06:06 PM   #11
Ever34
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's titanium

Also shop confirmed same thing... I just don't want people running out thinking it's a slightly cheaper version of a titanium exhaust like Akra when it isn't full Ti... It's made by Boysen this time around, not Akra either...
Never said the opposite. Even specified in my original post on this exhaust. But hey thanks for correcting my post.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 06:14 PM   #12
Ever34
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's titanium

So I guess you're over here questioning how I know this, if you are aware it's stainless steel and titanium, why are you telling people it's Ti? It's misleading in my opinion...
Listen exhaust police. For you to insinuate that I am purposefully misleading people is misplaced. You don't know me so keep your opinions to yourself. I questioned how you came up with a 1/4.....that's it that's all. Like I said, in my original thread on this exhaust it is specified that it is a combination of both.

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=24316644

Now since you seem to be looking out for everybody's welfare why don't you contact Bmw directly as they list it as a titanium exhaust...now that's misleading.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 06:52 PM   #13
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's titanium

Listen exhaust police. For you to insinuate that I am purposefully misleading people is misplaced. You don't know me so keep your opinions to yourself. I questioned how you came up with a 1/4.....that's it that's all. Like I said, in my original thread on this exhaust it is specified that it is a combination of both.

Now since you seem to be looking out for everybody's welfare why don't you contact Bmw directly as they list it as a titanium exhaust...now that's misleading.
Lol@exhaust police... Look, Keyboard Commander, calm your tits... You've just spent time researching my post history and linking other threads, lolol... My question to you was absolutely no different than you questioning how I know it's not fully Ti and where I got my 1/4 estimate from... So me asking you - "if you knew it's stainless steel and titanium, why didn't you say so?"

Great, now I just wasted time responding to your ass... Down the rabbit hole we go...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 06:59 PM   #14
Ever34
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's titanium

Lol@exhaust police... Look, Keyboard Commander, calm your tits... You've just spent time researching my post history and linking other threads, lolol... My question to you was absolutely no different than you questioning how I know it's not fully Ti and where I got my 1/4 estimate from... So me asking you - "if you knew it's stainless steel and titanium, why didn't you say so?"

Great, now I just wasted time responding to your ass... Down the rabbit hole we go...
Blah blah blah.....I linked my own thread. Go back to your hole.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 07:23 PM   #15
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's titanium

Lol... You females tend to get all sensitive around valentines when you don't have a date...

Poor thing...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 07:25 PM   #16
Ever34
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's titanium

Lol... You females tend to get all sensitive around valentines when you don't have a date...

Poor thing...
Blah blah blah....go back to your hole
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 07:27 PM   #17
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's titanium

Poor thing...
There's always Valentines 2020... Don't give up hope...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 07:30 PM   #18
Ever34
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's titanium

Poor thing...
Geez your hole ain't deep enough you keep getting. out.

White flag white flag white flag.... I have shit to do.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 07:38 PM   #19
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's titanium

Poor thing...

Well that's unfortunate... Maybe we can get back to the topic on hand - MP exhaust... You know, the one that's not fully titanium...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 07:42 PM   #20
Ever34
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's titanium

Poor thing...

Well that's unfortunate... Maybe we can get back to the topic on hand - MP exhaust... You know, the one that's not fully titanium...
Actually the topic on hand is whether the tips will fit on stock exhaust....Sorry OP you can have your thread back. And please everyone be aware that the MPE is a combination of stainless steel and titanium...pretty sure I said that before but just to be clear. Sounds awesome though
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 09:02 PM   #21
Demon Barber
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5, 2013 X5M

As soon as I can get my hands on a caliper, I can measure the M performance outlet pipes for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 11:06 PM   #22
windtendo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Back to my question, what made you decide on getting a mostly stainless exhaust for nearly the same price as an Akra? Genuinely curious, not looking for trouble
Appreciate 0