BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Performance Build Has Started - Lofty Goals

09-18-2023, 07:40 PM   #1
bbradyc5
BMW Noob
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M8 Comp

Performance Build Has Started - Lofty Goals

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
For anyone here who may be interested in following progress on my M8 build. Probably many more here likely on the M5 side who are willing to push beyond typical stage2 mods

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=30500035
Appreciate 1
tintboy52.00
      09-18-2023, 10:37 PM   #2
CrashCade
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M5 Comp,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradyc5 View Post
For anyone here who may be interested in following progress on my M8 build. Probably many more here likely on the M5 side who are willing to push beyond typical stage2 mods

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=30500035
I’m excited to follow along on this. Is the main reason for the intake manifolds for port injection or did you do simulated flow testing and find improvements to be made over the OEM design?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 11:06 PM   #3
bbradyc5
BMW Noob
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M8 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashCade View Post
I’m excited to follow along on this. Is the main reason for the intake manifolds for port injection or did you do simulated flow testing and find improvements to be made over the OEM design?
Definitely for port injection as currently it’s the only way to get enough fuel volume running full e85 on this platform. I’m not a fan of relying on meth injection for additional fueling or as the primary means for controlling detonation and port injection will give all the fuel I’ll ever need with plenty of headroom to do anything more in the future.
Appreciate 0