BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)    Paint Protection Film Applied?

05-27-2018, 06:21 PM   #23
Cyberbug
Private
Rep
Drives: HP4

Garage List
Anyone recommend any installers in NJ, I am thinking of either having it wrapped at the dealer before taking it home or having the dealer leaver the factory protection on until the front is wrapped. But it is a must in NJ, too many rock chips.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 08:04 AM   #24
Eric S
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: in pre-order stages

Leave the dealer wrap on the car until the car arrives at the paint protection shop.

We did the first two F90's to hit the streets...

Blackout package, full front PPF custom all the way through, two step paint correction, Gtechnique CSL topped with EXO coating on the exterior.

on the marina del rey blue, we didn't do PPF, we went with paint correction, modesta BC04, and modesta BC06. easiest washing possible (his x5 is treated the same)

PPF is the best protection you can get, Ceramic coating next.
Appreciate 1
      07-23-2018, 09:01 AM   #25
wanesso
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 M3, no mods,no probs

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2017 GT-R  [0.00]
2015 BMW i8  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sybaek9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljdavis View Post
Any new M5 owners apply a paint protection film to their vehicle, Xpel, 3M, or Suntek? I'm looking to have it installed but I keep hearing that there isn't a kit available yet to do the full front end (bumper, hood, and fenders). I even had my guy check the Euro system to see if there was a kit available for the European spec M5 and still nothing. Last resort is for them to cut it to measure. I wanted to see if you guys have encountered something similar before I went down that path.
So I know many people do get these protection on their cars but does anyone not get it?

I'm a type to take my car to a regular car wash and don't mind nicks and dings as time passes. I'm wondering if I'm the only one like that with the M5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sybaek9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljdavis View Post
Any new M5 owners apply a paint protection film to their vehicle, Xpel, 3M, or Suntek? I'm looking to have it installed but I keep hearing that there isn't a kit available yet to do the full front end (bumper, hood, and fenders). I even had my guy check the Euro system to see if there was a kit available for the European spec M5 and still nothing. Last resort is for them to cut it to measure. I wanted to see if you guys have encountered something similar before I went down that path.
So I know many people do get these protection on their cars but does anyone not get it?

I'm a type to take my car to a regular car wash and don't mind nicks and dings as time passes. I'm wondering if I'm the only one like that with the M5.
Have only done this (ppf) on the Porsche—- did not on the M3 or others will not likely for the new M5 unless I end up getting frozen paint which is definitely trickier and more difficult to rub out scratches. The M3 is 10 years old, Jerez black and does have a couple door dings which would need fixing no matter what but the paint looks great and I used regular car wash weekly for ten years. Spending 2-3000 on ppf seems to be a rip off. CQuartz for quick shine maybe.....
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 12:13 AM   #26
CanuckinVancouver
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 Z3K F90 M5 Competition

F90 Competition: Xpel stealth and Cquartz

Hi all. First post. I'm coming to BMW after 8 years with Audi and went with the 2019 Competition after my dealer offered me about 8K in equity to buy me out of my 2017 RS7 lease.

After a lot of angst went with Frozen Arctic Grey and decided to do a full wrap with Xpel Stealth and Cquartz coating on top. Tiago's Auto Spa is doing this for me; they were the only folks in town I would take my Audis to.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 08:24 PM   #27
Cavitron
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90

My new Azurite Black is at the detailer now getting ready for ppf after window tint and polishing. Installer is very reputable and using XPEL ultimate. I don't want to wrap the whole car so I was going to go with: Full front (hood, fenders, lights), rocker panels, rear bumper and A-pillar/leading edge of roof. After that ceramic on everything.

Questions are...will the leading edge of roof "line" be noticeable..has anyone had experience? Also while most of the rocker panel line extends to an edge in the body work there is a bit that flares up around the front of the rear fender (area with arrow in picture). Will this line be noticeable?..again, hopefully someone has seen it.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 01:52 PM   #28
dalixz25
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3 RS, Tesla M3P

Technically can't go wrong with a dealer based service that's warrantied. Had both XPEL and Ceramic Pro Coating done at Porsche of Monterey - https://www.porschemonterey.com/auto...r-services.htm with no complaints.

Make sure it's warrantied as well!

Last edited by dalixz25; 03-07-2019 at 03:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 08:13 PM   #29
Egrunt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 (F90), Tacoma, GTI

I had the entire vehicle wrapped with Xpel Ultimate Plus as soon as I purchased it. Prior to the M5 I had a 2015 M3 (F80) I purchased new in July of 2014 and on the M3 I had the entire front end protected with Xpel Ultimate. The front end on the M3 looked new 4 years later. It was a easy decision to install the full kit on the M5.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 09:11 PM   #30
mgod
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw m4 csl 992 turbo S

Garage List
Complete PPF AND CERAMIC PRO

[IMG][/IMG] entire car
Attached Images

Appreciate 1