03-17-2019, 09:05 PM   #23
Pimpsy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbimmer View Post
Hey Dumbo:

Awesome spec. Still liking Donnington over Tartufo? I thought I wanted Azurite over Tartufo or Donnington over Black. Now I want Donnington over Tartufo. You really messed me up, man.

More pics please.
Donington over black looks awesome just as anyone could imagine, but it lacks that "special" look of a color like tartufo.

With twin six-year-old boys owning the backseat area I just can't do light colored leather but I do think it looks awesome.

If not for the kids, I think a special order tartufo with the black center seat panels would be the perfect match for DG.

But again, black does look really great, so you can't really go wrong.
      03-18-2019, 06:03 AM   #24
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

How are you finding the Car in London?, I will pick mine up today late, I use the Rotherhithe Tunnel when in London have you been through it?. I find it a tight squeeze
      03-18-2019, 08:57 AM   #25
IancoleTX
Dillo boxers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Love the color combo. Glad I ordered Tartufo
      03-18-2019, 09:24 AM   #26
M135iXdriver
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competiton
Location: Northwestern Switzerland veeeeery close to the German Autobahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbo View Post
Ride and Handling

I have seen comments on this board about the comp suspension being too stiff. I don’t know what those people were driving before or if their cars have some problem, but for me the comp suspension provides an excellent balance between comfort and handling. I spent a couple of days with a non-comp F90 before deciding on the comp model and the responsiveness of the comp on initial turn-in and balance under neutral load through longer corners is a significant step up vs the standard model.
From hearsay I know that the roads in the UK are not the best. Thus bigger my surprise that you contradict the other comments stating that the ride is too stiff.
You drove the regular one and own a C - please tell me, is it still suitable for longer road trips without having the need to visit a chiropractic after a trip of about 1'000 km (620 miles) with breaks?
I will have to drive the C also to have a comparison. I did drive the non C and was amazed how compact, planted and well balanced the car felt - reading that the C is even better makes me think.
The combination is great! Enjoy your new ride, stay safe and healthy!
2010 - Mazda 3 MPS BL 2.3 (256 bhp) (sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 10:58 AM   #27
A Need For Speed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Comp Nardo/Aragon

Congrats! I too find the M Comp suspension just fine and not too harsh at all for a daily driver. The turn-in, handling and tight feel is really amazing for a car this size.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 11:14 AM   #28
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

The M5 Comp feels great in comfort mode.
2014 F10 M5 Competition
2003 E39 M5
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 01:26 PM   #29
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Another M5 Competition thumbs up here. Its not too stiff at all, and if the roads are of good surface and smooth, you wouldnt be able to tell the difference. Only when you hit a badly surfaced road, would you feel any difference. The kind of car this is, is in its title, Competition, but it is not overly stiff. Try before you buy etc
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2019, 02:48 AM   #30
Dumbo
Private
Rep
Drives: 19 M5C, 19 720S, 19 Panigale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpsy View Post
Donington over black looks awesome just as anyone could imagine, but it lacks that "special" look of a color like tartufo.

With twin six-year-old boys owning the backseat area I just can't do light colored leather but I do think it looks awesome.

If not for the kids, I think a special order tartufo with the black center seat panels would be the perfect match for DG.

But again, black does look really great, so you can't really go wrong.
You can’t go wrong with either option. Having had black interiors in my last 3 cars, I wanted a change. I had silverstone in my E60 M5 and whilst it looked stunning, it did require a fair amount of maintenance to keep it looking fresh (esp with a young daughter and her friends). Tartufo is a good option I think (though it’s early days!) to balance a brighter interior with not being too onerous to maintain.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 02:53 AM   #31
Dumbo
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
How are you finding the Car in London?, I will pick mine up today late, I use the Rotherhithe Tunnel when in London have you been through it?. I find it a tight squeeze
Car is fine for London roads. I had and F10 and RS6 prior so am used to this size car. I live in SE London so rotherhithe should be an obvious route to head north but I tend to use tower bridge or blackwall as I hate the route to and from rotherhithe - I have used rotherhithe in the RS6 a couple of time and it is tight but just about ok (although I am sure the people behind wanted me to hurry up).
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 02:59 AM   #32
Dumbo
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M135iXdriver View Post
From hearsay I know that the roads in the UK are not the best. Thus bigger my surprise that you contradict the other comments stating that the ride is too stiff.
You drove the regular one and own a C - please tell me, is it still suitable for longer road trips without having the need to visit a chiropractic after a trip of about 1'000 km (620 miles) with breaks?
I will have to drive the C also to have a comparison. I did drive the non C and was amazed how compact, planted and well balanced the car felt - reading that the C is even better makes me think.
The combination is great! Enjoy your new ride, stay safe and healthy!
I did a 400 mile trip when I picked the car up and both my family and me arrived feeling comfortable. I was in Sussex last week though with some very poor road surfaces and the car didn’t like that (although anything with low profile tyres would feel horrible over those surfaces). Thankfully it was a slow road so I could pick a route to try and avoid damage to tyres and rims.

Generally, I have yet to feel at any point that the car is too stiff and that I wished I was driving something more compliant.
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2019, 03:14 AM   #33
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbo View Post
Car is fine for London roads. I had and F10 and RS6 prior so am used to this size car. I live in SE London so rotherhithe should be an obvious route to head north but I tend to use tower bridge or blackwall as I hate the route to and from rotherhithe - I have used rotherhithe in the RS6 a couple of time and it is tight but just about ok (although I am sure the people behind wanted me to hurry up).
In this new M5 CP I will follow your lead, I hate that tunnel.