BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    What’s the best color for the M5 Competition?

05-11-2018, 09:36 AM   #23
phefner
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340, F80 M3

Anyone have any experience trying to get an Individual color like Porsche Chalk White? Found a video of a Panamera just to get something close to size..looks fairly sweet.

Adding Lime Rock Grey Metallic and Suzuka-Grey to my list.
      05-11-2018, 09:51 AM   #24
NaciernoF10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by phefner View Post
Anyone have any experience trying to get an Individual color like Porsche Chalk White? Found a video of a Panamera just to get something close to size..looks fairly sweet.

Adding Lime Rock Grey Metallic and Suzuka-Grey to my list.

Seen that exact car in Palm Beach FL last week... Color is INSANE in person!
2017 Bmw M6GC Frozen White (sold)
2018 Bmw F90 M5 Donington Grey (current)
Appreciate 1
phefner366.00
      05-11-2018, 02:10 PM   #25
Quickburn7
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Bmw M5

Best color for competition will be Frozen Black by far and with the gloss accents and wheels will make this car look killer.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 03:26 PM   #26
dcbigbaps
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 McLaren 570GT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickburn7 View Post
Best color for competition will be Frozen Black by far and with the gloss accents and wheels will make this car look killer.
I thought about that.. but won't it look wierd since everyone other part is blacked out except the wheels?

Also I suspect you would lose contrast?

Does anyone think frozen blue would look good? Might be a good contrast....
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 04:02 PM   #27
DallasLife345M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Uber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbigbaps View Post
I thought about that.. but won't it look wierd since everyone other part is blacked out except the wheels?

Also I suspect you would lose contrast?

Does anyone think frozen blue would look good? Might be a good contrast....
I thought frozen black would look great too, but after seeing pics of frozen black it’s just not a good fit on the F90. I personally never have liked frozen blue. Currently i’m leaning towards the Frozen Dark Silver it was launched with.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 10:21 AM   #28
dcbigbaps
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 McLaren 570GT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasLife345M View Post
I thought frozen black would look great too, but after seeing pics of frozen black it’s just not a good fit on the F90. I personally never have liked frozen blue. Currently i’m leaning towards the Frozen Dark Silver it was launched with.
That's a great look. I almost thought about frozen red, however I would hate to "copy" the first edition models...
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 12:24 PM   #29
DallasLife345M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Uber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbigbaps View Post
That's a great look. I almost thought about frozen red, however I would hate to "copy" the first edition models...
I like the frozen red, you should go for it. Doesn’t matter the first edition has the same color.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 12:55 PM   #30
BMWAUDIO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Frozen Gray , 997 C4S

Just to clarify FROZEN ARTIC GREY is only a $2000 option on any 5 series
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 01:24 PM   #31
Elanderholm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 MBB Competition

MBB. It’s looks very upscale when clean and doesn’t look too bad when dirty (compared to black or something darker). I had a silver M5 comp before and this MBB one gets way more thumbs up and people seem way more interested in telling me how awesome it looks. It’s a beautiful color; my favorite color of any car, I’ve ever had.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 03:02 PM   #32
calimarc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Yas Marina Blue M4

Quote:
Every car, even model variants, look best in different colors. I like bluestone best on a standard 5 series but don’t prefer that color on the M5. Before the M5 Competition was released I was set on Individual Silverstone II for my M5. Now I’m second guessing that since I’m probably going to get the Competition. What color do you think will look best on the M5 Competition?
I had a tough time with my decision for color. I’m coming from an M4 and was struggling to find a way to enhance the comparatively conservative lines of the M5. I had Yas Marina Blue on the M4. The least conservative standard option is hands down Bay Marina Blue. I however wanted a different color being my last car was blue. I needed more choices for my first M5.

Thought I was going with Fashion Grey but was underwhelmed when I saw it in person. Ended up placing an order for a color Ferrari originally came out with - Grigio Medio or “medium gray” in Italian. Took a minute to figure out why my Bavarian saloon color was in Italian I requested the exterior be dressed with numerous carbon fiber trim (even though I feel a bit foolish when I look at the added price).

Last edited by calimarc; 03-15-2019 at 03:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 09:42 PM   #33
A Need For Speed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Comp Nardo/Aragon

Nardo Grey. The only color that matters, boys. (just kidding)
Attached Images

Last edited by A Need For Speed; 03-15-2019 at 10:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 12:40 AM   #34
Pimpsy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

There are a number of colors that look really amazing. I think it comes down to your personality and the vibe you want to put out.

MBB looks great, but it is a very loud look at me color.

DG looks great, and is a much more subtle under the radar look.

Frozen silver looks amazing, and is a good choice if you want every person you pass to stare at your car.

Singapore gray, Azurite black… Both great colors. Great choices for people who want that classic dark car look. The upkeep can be a little tough on dark cars though in my opinion.

Even white looks great although the snoopy look can sometimes come across like you're trying too hard.

The list goes on. I think it mostly comes down to personal taste in style, it's hard to go to wrong other than a few choices I won't mention so that no one gets offended, LOL.
      03-16-2019, 05:24 AM   #35
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanderholm View Post
MBB. It’s looks very upscale when clean and doesn’t look too bad when dirty (compared to black or something darker). I had a silver M5 comp before and this MBB one gets way more thumbs up and people seem way more interested in telling me how awesome it looks. It’s a beautiful color; my favorite color of any car, I’ve ever had.
I'm with you, mine coming next Monday MBB the way to go.
      03-16-2019, 05:58 AM   #36
Elanderholm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 MBB Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpsy View Post
There are a number of colors that look really amazing. I think it comes down to your personality and the vibe you want to put out.

Frozen silver looks amazing, and is a good choice if you want every person you pass to stare at your car.

Singapore gray, Azurite black… Both great colors. Great choices for people who want that classic dark car look. The upkeep can be a little tough on dark cars though in my opinion.

Even white looks great although the snoopy look can sometimes come across like you're trying too hard.

The list goes on. I think it mostly comes down to personal taste in style, it's hard to go to wrong other than a few choices I won't mention so that no one gets offended, LOL.
Mbb is loud? Hmm...my orange viper is loud. Mbb is not loud, IMO.

Look at how perrty she is! The image is over saturated a bit, but you get the idea!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-16-2019, 07:34 AM   #37
A Need For Speed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Comp Nardo/Aragon

Quote:

It all comes down to personal preference and pics really don't do some of these cars justice.

It is hard to visualize how striking and classy a color Nardo Grey is, especially how it accentuates the dark trim of the Comp version, until one sees it in person. I'm sure its the same for some other colors.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 08:13 AM   #38
e90alpinem3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanderholm View Post
Quote:

Mbb is loud? Hmm...my orange viper is loud. Mbb is not loud, IMO.

Look at how perrty she is! The image is over saturated a bit, but you get the idea!
Just need to get rid of the orange reflectors! IND can help I just did mine and it makes the mbb look even better!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 09:51 AM   #39
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by calimarc View Post
Quote:
Every car, even model variants, look best in different colors. I like bluestone best on a standard 5 series but don’t prefer that color on the M5. Before the M5 Competition was released I was set on Individual Silverstone II for my M5. Now I’m second guessing that since I’m probably going to get the Competition. What color do you think will look best on the M5 Competition?
I had a tough time with my decision for color. I’m coming from an M4 and was struggling to find a way to enhance the comparatively conservative lines of the M5. I had Yas Marina Blue on the M4. The least conservative standard option is hands down Bay Marina Blue. I however wanted a different color being my last car was blue. I needed more choices for my first M5.

Thought I was going with Fashion Grey but was underwhelmed when I saw it in person. Ended up placing an order for a color Ferrari originally came out with - Grigio Medio or “medium gray” in Italian. Took a minute to figure out why my Bavarian saloon color was in Italian I requested the exterior be dressed with numerous carbon fiber trim (even though I feel a bit foolish when I look at the added price).
I like medium grey over nardo . MBB is a cool color too. also like SG hard to make a choice. kinda depends on what you get for interior and bicolor or black wheels. my personal favorite combo is MBB with full Silverstone black 706m wheels and some CF bits
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 01:02 PM   #40
KDDeutschland
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i

Frozen Arctic Grey is my favorite.
      03-16-2019, 11:41 PM   #41
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Macao Blue
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 12:47 PM   #42
fun2drv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M5 Comp

Garage List
2023 BMW M5  [10.00]
2023 BMW M5  [0.00]
Follow the lead from the manufacturer's advertising!!! They usually pick the best color that they offer in the car to advertise it... Mine is MBB and I really like it so far.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 03:42 PM   #43
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

BSM has a certain appeal for those that don't love the black lower rear bumper... I still haven't seen a black comp in the flesh but I think that tempts me more than anything else
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 07:29 PM   #44
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post
BSM has a certain appeal for those that don't love the black lower rear bumper... I still haven't seen a black comp in the flesh but I think that tempts me more than anything else
black on black makes almost any car look good. umm when you can keep it clean
Appreciate 0