BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Dinan Turbo Inlets Or CAI?

09-20-2022, 01:42 PM   #45
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 / M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatinblkF90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTATX View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsanity View Post
Hi Imran,

Are you looking to demonstrate the benefit to existing Eventuri v2 owners? So Stock, Eventuri Intake + Stock inlets, Eventuri Intake + Eventuri Inlets.

Having been a customer on the RS3 side w/ the v3 intake and RHD inlet, definitely interested - particularly if the spool improvements observed on that platform are seen here on the S63TU4
The Dinan inlets+bmc drop ins+ air scoops or combined with dinan intake most definitely greatly improved turbo spool speed from what I experienced on this platform, s63tu4.
I have same set up right now
Best setup, I wouldn't change it for anything else, even if eventuri would work I still prefer the fully closed box design of OEM air boxes (no chance of any hot air getting in at all) paired with high flow bmc's + air scoops better, I'd stick with it if I were you too.
Air scoops an easy install? Bolt on? Thx
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2022, 01:43 PM   #46
SatinblkF90
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Imran,

Are you looking to demonstrate the benefit to existing Eventuri v2 owners? So Stock, Eventuri Intake + Stock inlets, Eventuri Intake + Eventuri Inlets.

Having been a customer on the RS3 side w/ the v3 intake and RHD inlet, definitely interested - particularly if the spool improvements observed on that platform are seen here on the S63TU4
The Dinan inlets+bmc drop ins+ air scoops or combined with dinan intake most definitely greatly improved turbo spool speed from what I experienced on this platform, s63tu4.
Best setup, I wouldn't change it for anything else, even if eventuri would work I still prefer the fully closed box design of OEM air boxes (no chance of any hot air getting in at all) paired with high flow bmc's + air scoops better, I'd stick with it if I were you too.
Very easy, just pop off the grill and they clip right onto the front strut bars. The autoteknik ones seem to have the most "open" design so I went with those.
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2022, 04:36 PM   #47
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 / M5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Imran,

Very easy, just pop off the grill and they clip right onto the front strut bars. The autoteknik ones seem to have the most "open" design so I went with those.
Thank - you just cost me another $300 😂🍻
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2022, 04:37 PM   #48
SatinblkF90
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Imran,

Thank - you just cost me another $300 😂🍻
and smiles for miles!
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2022, 06:52 PM   #49
nsanity
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5

Quote:
eh?

What part of the eventuri setup isn't enclosed...

If you mean the scoops at the front - thats the same as stock, eventuri's are just bigger....
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2022, 08:26 PM   #50
SatinblkF90
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
eh?

What part of the eventuri setup isn't enclosed...

If you mean the scoops at the front - thats the same as stock, eventuri's are just bigger....
I don't believe they are sealed as tightly along the edges where the filters go, at least not as much as the stock air boxes as hot air can possibly still get through those borders. Not saying they aren't well made, I'd just personally rather use inlets with factory tight airboxes and filters+scoops I find it's the most efficient intake setup for these cars.
Appreciate 1
GTATX1105.00
      09-21-2022, 05:55 AM   #51
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: All of them

Quote:
Hi Imran,

Yes will share testing and data with Eventuri V2 with stock inlets and then with Eventuri Inlets on Evolve's shop car.
Appreciate 2
      09-21-2022, 06:54 AM   #52
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDOT View Post
I totally understand this, but in reality this is a business decision vs having to design a totally new intake.

If they made a V3 with bigger turbo inlets that matted to bigger intake, that would have been optimal. This new inlet looks like more For looks and will probably be a very slight improvement from stock
Not at all. V3 with bigger turbo inlets mated to a bigger intake was designed, 3D printed and tested on 2 1000 BHP F90 M5's. If it made a positive difference over what is being released it would have been put into production.

CAD-Comparison by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr
Appreciate 1
nsanity30.00
      09-22-2022, 11:31 AM   #53
916_M5
IG: @M5RCY_
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
Not at all. V3 with bigger turbo inlets mated to a bigger intake was designed, 3D printed and tested on 2 1000 BHP F90 M5's. If it made a positive difference over what is being released it would have been put into production.

CAD-Comparison by Evolve Automotive, on Flickr
Irman I appreciate all your amazing work and R&D. Excuse my dumb question, but will your team at eventuri be releasing the turbo inlet on the left or right in that image?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 06:17 PM   #54
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916_M5 View Post
Irman I appreciate all your amazing work and R&D. Excuse my dumb question, but will your team at eventuri be releasing the turbo inlet on the left or right in that image?
Thanks!

The design on the left hand side is being released.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2022, 08:26 PM   #55
916_M5
IG: @M5RCY_
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
Thanks!

The design on the left hand side is being released.
Do we have an ETA for this product? Thank you Imran
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 03:54 AM   #56
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916_M5 View Post
Do we have an ETA for this product? Thank you Imran
Just working on the launch now so should be 1-2 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 09:01 AM   #57
warpeacelove
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Spool doesn't equate to HP Gain and that is the point. None the less the CAI produces a nice sound but it doesn't gain any extra ponies. The fastest M5 is on stock airbox.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 09:31 AM   #58
SatinblkF90
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpeacelove View Post
Quote:
Spool doesn't equate to HP Gain and that is the point. None the less the CAI produces a nice sound but it doesn't gain any extra ponies. The fastest M5 is on stock airbox.
Maybe not, but why do they all claim to gain something? Maybe inlets gain a bit but intakes don't.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 10:33 AM   #59
warpeacelove
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Maybe not, but why do they all claim to gain something? Maybe inlets gain a bit but intakes don't.
Because a claim is claim, I can claim anything i want. The question is where is the Dyno proof from the manufacturers of these productsm that their CAI works on the "F90 Platform"?

You are a newbie, and don't take that as an insult but those CAI doesn't produce any additional power.

I had them all along with my previous M5's.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 10:36 AM   #60
SatinblkF90
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpeacelove View Post
Quote:
Because a claim is claim, I can claim anything i want. The question is where is the Dyno proof from the manufacturers of these productsm that their CAI works on the "F90 Platform"?

You are a newbie, and don't take that as an insult but those CAI doesn't produce any additional power.

I had them all along with my previous M5's.
No newb here, I already knew CAI just improved throttle response and sound/looks it's not news to me, I'm just asking how they can say it does when it doesn't. Pretty sure dinan even released a dyno chart showing this, but then your still going to say every time you dyno it's always showing a different number, so how can we know it really gained 10-20whp lol.

I'll go as far as saying for an intake a dyno wouldn't even prove anything anyways, because it doesn't have the airflow like when driving the car in real life. Only a dragy under same DA/conditions being tested can prove it and even then it would be very minimal and hard to say, but the throttle response and the fact that it makes the turbos spool up faster/easier are definitely some nice benefits to have.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 03:11 PM   #61
GTATX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Comp First Edition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDOT View Post
Who built that for you?
Me, myself an I. It was pretty easy as long as you don’t mind cutting your 2k plus intake in half…lol.
Installed the dinans and had the braces that intake goes thru in place just for reference as to how close the opening of dinan inlets is to the brace (it’s 2”).
I had marked on the eventual intake where it passes thru the brace as reference point as well. Then I had to cut the intake. At first I was going to cut at close to 2” from that reference point so the dinans and eventuri would almost butt up against each other but realized that eventuri was still much smaller in opening diameter than the dinan. So I had to cut about 1.5’” further up so openings match up(evenruri widens up further down). There is a 1.5” ga between the two without the coupling in place. Installed the 4.25” diameter coupling to connect the two together. Ads more sound and removes the bottleneck restriction of stock inlets…best of both worlds.

Not for everyone as some won’t want to cut their pretty intakes but I think it functions better.

Eventuri is supposed to come out with their own inlets but I don’t see how you can make it work with existing intake as it bottlenecks down to the stock inlet size.
Pic shows how much had to be cut to match up with dinan inlet opening size.
Never asked you performace wise any difference?
2021 BMW X6M Comp
2019 BMW M5
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4 GranSport
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2022, 02:30 PM   #62
GTATX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Genius

Thanks to you brother for directions. Easy install and love the outcome. If you hadn't done it I would have never known.
Attached Images

2021 BMW X6M Comp
2019 BMW M5
Appreciate 3
BMA89223.50
m5 guy1738.00
Genius222.50
      09-28-2022, 11:43 AM   #63
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Notice any difference?
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 02:32 PM   #64
GTATX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5 guy View Post
Notice any difference?
Haven't driven it much yet but it is more audible.
2021 BMW X6M Comp
2019 BMW M5
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 11:21 PM   #65
Genius
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: AW F90 M5C, e39 M5, E30 M3

Quote:
Genius

Thanks to you brother for directions. Easy install and love the outcome. If you hadn't done it I would have never known.
Awesome job, super clean install
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 10:24 PM   #66
Mrbig
Major
Rep
Drives: 15 M3

Do the inlets work with stock intakes?
Appreciate 0