BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    FSHNGRY F90M5C Updated

09-25-2021, 05:34 AM   #67
JSCO
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AMG GT

I keep coming back to this build...you crushed it brother...congrats!!
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2305.50
      09-26-2021, 12:41 AM   #68
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCO View Post
I keep coming back to this build...you crushed it brother...congrats!!
High Praise.

Thank you, sir.
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 09:04 AM   #69
Namelss
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSHNGRY View Post
I look forward to seeing your build when it arrives featured on the mainpage! SnapperRocks is a BEAUTIFUL color. Not for some, but Tartufo will be a very VERY nice touch there. Happy to hear your 2022 wasn’t effected by the B&W removal.

I will have you know that your mention of the 863M wheels, had me already chatting with Cat @IND getting some pictures. You owe me half of what these wheels cost just for putting this idea in my head! Lol
I really think they’d look great on either one of our cars but man, those 789s look so good it would be a difficult decision to replace them!

Having said that, here’s what I propose. I’ll pay half but I get the wheels 6 months of the year. Then we can switch between both! I’m a genius. So you in or what?! lol
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 05:07 PM   #70
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Well done. My favorite M5 build.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2305.50
      09-26-2021, 07:04 PM   #71
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namelss View Post
Quote:
I look forward to seeing your build when it arrives featured on the mainpage! SnapperRocks is a BEAUTIFUL color. Not for some, but Tartufo will be a very VERY nice touch there. Happy to hear your 2022 wasn’t effected by the B&W removal.

I will have you know that your mention of the 863M wheels, had me already chatting with Cat @IND getting some pictures. You owe me half of what these wheels cost just for putting this idea in my head! Lol
I really think they’d look great on either one of our cars but man, those 789s look so good it would be a difficult decision to replace them!

Having said that, here’s what I propose. I’ll pay half but I get the wheels 6 months of the year. Then we can switch between both! I’m a genius. So you in or what?! lol
I spent the better part of my office time last night looking at pictures of these wheels. Tried to get some quality rollers. No dice.

I like them solely for the cherry on top for the OEM+ look

The 789M wheels are just such a beautiful stock wheel. Very tough.

And you, you my friend are on to something… that's actually a damn good idea

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 09:26 AM   #72
Mr.blue
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i Xdrive, 2021 X5M co

Garage List
Quote:
Bimmerpost…

Dropping in for an overdue update on my F90. Currently on my last night of vacation, and I was overjoyed with the update to my Dropbox that the photos of my F90 M5 are here, I couldn't wait to share…
I've finally put the "2.0" finishing touches on. Funny how you ALWAYS find something extra to add, right at the very end of it all, before you can say "I'm done." I've been fortunate enough to be able to not only order and build my F90, but now also being able to detail every touch the way I always envisioned. Its humbling, and truly a dream come true.

With the help of Ryan and Cat at @IND, @AzaAutoWheel, @Eurowerks, and The man behind the camera lenses, Photographer @Grizzly_lenz, I've been able to bring my vision to life.

Below, are the current updates and mods that I've wanted to showcase, along with the way I ordered my F90. My thoughts and comments below.

This round of mods consisted of:

• Eventuri Intake System & "V" trunk badge
• Custom Steering wheel by AzaAutowheel
• Fashion Grey | Gloss Black "M5" Trunk badge
• Fashion Grey | Gloss Black Engine caps/covers
• M Performance Front Splitter
• 3D Design Paddles (+/- painted)
• 3D Design Key fobs (white and black)

FSHNGRY F90 M5 COMPETITION BUILD SHEET

CURRENT MILEAGE:
EXTERIOR:
• Individual Fashion Grey
INTERIOR:
• Full Tartufo
TRIM:
• Piano black trim
PACKAGES:
• Executive Package
• Competition Package
• Drivers Assistance Package Plus
OPTIONS:
• Bowers & Wilkins
• CCB's
• 20" Y Spoke wheels Style: 789M

M PERFORMANCE PARTS:
• Titanium Exhaust
• Side vents
• Side blades
• Pro spoiler
• Diffuser
• Mirrors
• Gas Cap
• Floor Matts

SUSPENSION & TIRES:
• Michelin 285/35/20 & 295/35/20
• Macht Schnell 15mm (front)
• Future Classic 12mm (rear)
• KW H.A.S. kit

IND:
• Gloss black roundels (hood and trunk)
• Floating wheel caps
• Fashion Grey M5 badge V.2 (v1: all fashion grey | v2: fashion grey/ blk edges)
• Fashion Grey plate frame
• Fashion Grey "IND" Key chain
• Fashion Grey Coolant cap
• Fashion Grey Oil cap
• Fashion Grey Expansion tank cap
• Custom painted Engine cover (Gloss Black and Fashion Grey)
• M Performance Alcantara key fob
• Eventuri Intake System
• Eventuri "V" trunk badge
• 3D design Brushed aluminum paddles "+/- "painted Gloss Black
• 3D Design Black and White key fob covers
• M Performance Front Splitters

Steering Wheel:
• Custom built by "AZA Auto Wheels"
• Grey Alcantara stripe at 12 o'clock
• Black Alcantara sides
• Black Leather: Top & bottom
• Alcantara / Piano Black trim
• Flat bottom design
• Thickness = 2cm thicker than stock

BIMMERCODE:
• OBD Link CX

MISC:.
Valentine 1 Gen. 2
Hardwired

TINT:
15% ceramic tint
Sides and Rear
50% ceramic tint
windshield

My .02 cents….

MP EXHAUST
Noticeably and significantly louder. As everyone before me has promised would happen, and boom. It's like you flipped a switch.
Everything. The startup. The warmup. The downshift. The whine the V8 makes as your slowing down. The WOT acceleration resembles a war cry. The pops and burbles. I picked up the first person I ever pick up in any of my new cars, right after I had the intake installed, and all he kept saying was "HOLY SH** THIS THING IS WAY LOUDER"

The "POP-POP-POP-POP" 95% of the time sounds great. But when you realize that it is the SAME sound, every time, you feel that it is less organic and really all computer generated, which can be a tad annoying. I also really dislike that when downshifting from high RPM, you don't get a WOW downshift scream that slowly descends through the RPM range. That, I do miss.

KW H.A.S. KIT:
I love how now that the suspension has settled, and the alignment, balance, driving time, all accounted for, the ride height and overall ride quality have come to character. A stiff ride and tremendous driver feedback with this kit. I still hear that clanking sound coming from what sounds like, the rear right spring and shock mechanism, I THINK, but not anything that would send me looking elsewhere.

I always feel super confident when ordering and installing a KW kit. Might be too low for some, but for me, it's perfect, and the exact stance I was looking to achieve. Very aggressive stance, especially when grouped with 15mm/12mm spacers and Michelins. Wheel gaps are an eye sore, at least I think so. I would say I drive alone in my cars 99% of the time I'm behind the wheel- so I prefer the road to speak to me. I have noticed that when I have 3-4 adults in the car (myself included) and I catch a dip in the road, I will experience minor rubbing in the rear.

The one thing I will say is that I will be ordering the "Dinan Tension kit". It seems to be the missing link, no pun intended, to holding down all 4 corners of this thing, its eye opening how the power in this car has. I find that I'm really has changing the way I've built my cars in the past. I hate to say it, but I just STILL don't feel that confidence, and fire eye mentality, when accelerating/braking hard in this thing. The rear end wants to dance, and I don't even f*** with RWD, at all. I'll report back with that when I do it.

I Absolutely adore….

-The "let me teach you a lesson" balls it delivers when anyone attempts to pass you, or ride your ass lol The M5 has a long history of being one of the ultimate super sedans on the market. And for a very brief moment that someone wants to show off, they are reminded that they just don't have what it takes.
-Thank you, BMW and M Division, for adding REMOTE START to the key fob functions. For the love of God, Thank you.

CARPLAY:
I've grown to love it. Great that settings and notifications remain the same as you prefer on your phone, or also settings for when a passenger is in the car. Super easy to use and navigate.

*Minor details. Does not change my opinion on the car at all, just things that annoy me…

-Abrupt "P" if opening door, while rolling. I've had the habit at times while in reverse, to open my door and peak out while inching back. NOT do-able with the F90's 8 spd Auto. In fact- if you open the door and still rolling, you'll rattle the fillings out of your teeth...

A/C:
the center of the windshield almost always has a condensation spot in the shape of a circle. Occurs mostly when I turn on the A/C at night and let the car run for a few minutes. I know South Florida humidity and the rainy season we are in now don't bode well to avoid this. But I find it is significantly worse on this car than any other BMW. My A/c is not at auto, lowest settings, MAYBE the second level. 65 Degrees is the setting. How do I make this stop?! It's gotten to be a pain.

REAR SIDE SUNSHADES:
I do wish these were on a button. I leave them up, mostly because of South Florida Heat and UV exposure, but when I want to put all 4 windows down I either need to put the car in park, unbuckle and use the arm rest as leverage to reach and unclip both sides carefully, not wanting them to slap down. Should've been connected to the rear sunshade button.

-EMERGENCY BRAKING/DRIVERS ASSISTANCE??
I've unfortunately experienced this for a second time, the most recent being a few days ago.

My F90 is lowered with KW H.A.S Kit, NOT lowest setting, but I'm sure it's close. I was caught in the daily 4pm hurricane like rainstorm we experience here in South Florida this time of year. I was at a red light, and once green, began to ease forward, the dash lit up BRIGHT RED as if I had looked away from the screened gauges in traffic. The car then comes to a halt and all I could do was look at my rear view and go "PLEASE GOD DON'T DO THIS, PLEASE GOD DON'T DO THIS"

Has anyone else experienced their car just halting as if it were trying to avoid a collision?

2.0 UPDATES / IMPRESSIONS

EVENTURI INTAKE:
Initially when I explored the intake options with my F82, I was stunned at how much the price of intake systems have skyrocketed since I had last shopped for one. It just didn't strike me as "necessary" during that time. I did add each piece of carbon fiber to that car incrementally. So, I guess that helped.
This time around, I ordered my F90 with all the M Performance carbon fiber bits. So naturally, after the first month of ownership, I grew bored and wanted to begin my personal touches to set my car apart from others, and top keep me busy. I called IND and inquired about the Eventuri kit available for the F90.

Ryan, you hit it right on the head my guy. I remember our conversation went like this" Me: how does it sound in like low RPM "normal" driving? "Ryan: OH MAN THE GROWL IS JUST WAY MORE INTENSE" I cut him off and said "sold"

HOLY. WOW. The spooling, faint whistling, inhaling sound mixture you hear as the turbo spools is just intoxicating. At higher RPM, midway through the power band as you step on it for quick pulls, you hear the "STi" whiffle sound, but at very deep grunt like version of it. The way a proper German V8 should announce it's incoming.

The growl and V8 induction sound from within the cabin make you forget you have active sound, it's so organic. Popping the hood is a plus, with the dual massive carbon fiber horns with trays that extend down into the back side of the grille.

The Eventuri Badge and serial number give it that stamp of authenticity to solidify that absolutely no expense was spared on the respiratory health of this almighty F90. I thought the "V" logo that company has available through IND was neat- so I ordered one to see how it looks. I'm sure it will be one of those pieces that won't be on the car very long, but for now, I dig it.

AZA AUTO WHEEL CUSTOM FLAT BOTTOM STEERING WHEEL

I stumbled across "AZA Auto Wheel" on Instagram: @azaautowheel

They had a sponsored ad which featured an Aragon brown and Black F90 M5 steering wheel. I was hooked immediately and started with my questions. After about a week of going back and forth about colors, materials, shapes and functions, I placed my order. The only issue I had with the whole process was how long it took to fabricate and ship my new wheel. Solely an issue with my patience level- nothing to do with the company itself. They hit the nail on the head. All factory functions retained, even with DAPP. Heat, buttons, the works- not a single beat skipped. Considering the wheel was shipped from Europe, the box arrived FLAWLESS. Plenty of padding and protection inside the box to help with any sort of shock or shipping damage that could've happened along the way. A beautiful wheel cover (stitched and with drawstring) as well as a leather card holder wallet that was included in the box. I was VERY pleased with the response time to any question or comment I needed to make. We're talking MINUTES.

3D DESIGN CUSTOM PADDLES:

• Honestly, this is the type of paddle that this car should've come with. I noticed that you can't reach them easily if using your right hand to text, talk on the phone, and need your left hand to upshift. Tremendous built quality. Ryan at IND decided to give it that extra touch by suggesting the + / - be painted in gloss black, to match the Piano trim. Perfectly executed.

IND PAINTED M5 TRUNK BADGE 2.0:
• My first "M5" trunk badge was painted entirely in Fashion Grey. I felt that it would get lost in the trunk of the car (fashion grey is flat, no metallic whatsoever).
• Ryan to the rescue again- The face of this badge to be Fashion Grey, with the edges in Gloss black. So minor of a detail, but such a difference it makes

IND PAINTED ENGINE PIECES *GLOSS BLACK | FASHION GREY:

• The proper finishing touches. I wish the "center" piece that is available to the carbon fiber cap package was available to buy a la carte. I will probably send my stock pieces in to be painted in the opposite these. The black is gorgeous but gets lost given its placement.

M-PERFORMANCE SPLITTER:
• I was skeptical about a splitter on an M5, I won't deny that. Everyone who has since seen it has admired and commented on how incredible a "small or minor" piece like that really brings the whole look together perfectly. Little do they know, the second most expensive M part available lol. The front bumper of the F90 now finally looks complete and proportionate flow and shape to the rest of the car. It was like a body builder, with massive shoulders and quads, but a tiny head and jaw line. The front bumper of the F90 looks beautiful if the whole car is stock, but when you lower it, put spacers, and all the other carbon fiber pieces from the catalog on the rest of the car, the front looks awkward when not "touched up"

• I absolutely love it. By NO means considered cheap, but the build quality, matching carbon fiber weave, and FITMENT make it worth every penny.

All in all, I'd say that I'm very pleased with how the build came together. I'm looking forward to enjoying it now, and not sit on my phone, refreshing tracking information for incoming parts lol

Enjoy the pics,

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Gray"]FSHNGRY[/COLOR] [/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"](Formally known as "BRCHP") [/SIZE]

Attachment 2694882

Attachment 2694885

Attachment 2694886

Attachment 2694887

Attachment 2694888

Attachment 2694889

Attachment 2694890

Attachment 2694891

Attachment 2694892

Attachment 2694893

Attachment 2694894

Attachment 2694895

Attachment 2694896

Attachment 2694899

Attachment 2694900

You have definitely made this car into something special. Love all of the updates especially the stance.
      09-27-2021, 02:50 PM   #73
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.blue View Post
You have definitely made this car into something special. Love all of the updates especially the stance.
Thank you! Stance and Sound. The 2 main and only factors I consider when modding my car.

I appreciate the kind words.

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 02:41 PM   #74
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Lovely build. Nice!!!

Any running with that spacer and tire setup?
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2305.50
      10-04-2021, 12:48 AM   #75
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Lovely build. Nice!!!

Any running with that spacer and tire setup?
Thank you!

When I have 2 adults in the rear seats (which is rare) I do experience some super minor rubbing. I will more than likely be raising the car in the most minimal way possible when it's time for new rubber. Just enough to not rub

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2022, 09:13 PM   #76
windtendo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
And I'm back yet again

Can't stop looking at these pics for inspiration on my next build! Can you comment on the wear on the alcantara part of the steering wheel over time? Curious how it's holding up.
      09-27-2022, 09:58 PM   #77
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by windtendo View Post
And I'm back yet again

Can't stop looking at these pics for inspiration on my next build! Can you comment on the wear on the alcantara part of the steering wheel over time? Curious how it's holding up.
"wear on the alcantara part of the steering wheel over time"

I've asked this ^ question on two other threads with owners with alcantara wheels with no answers. Please do let us know how it holds up on such a high touch surface! I've been wanting this since my first M5, but I'm concerned it'll go the direction of the driver's seat bolsters…
      09-28-2022, 08:56 AM   #78
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
it'll get nappy for sure like all alcantara. Will require good sonax cleaning periodically depending on how oily your flesh is...haha, i love that word. had one on my X5 for 2 years.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 2
      10-01-2022, 05:56 PM   #79
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
And I'm back yet again

My apologies for the tardiness!

The alcantara on my wheel (aza auto wheel) has help up great.

Yes I use Sonax probably once a quarter to give it a refresh. As most of you know it's a 15 minute cleaning process and maintenance unfortunately is a must for a daily driver.

Here is a picture of my interior as of yesterday

Hope this helps

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 10:58 PM   #80
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
And I'm back yet again

Yes I use Sonax probably once a quarter to give it a refresh. As most of you know it's a 15 minute cleaning process and maintenance unfortunately is a must for a daily driver.

Hope this helps
No photo! Sad face.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 11:08 PM   #81
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
And I'm back yet again

Hope this helps

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 11:17 PM   #82
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
** Iphone 14 Pro pics don't upload as attachments to bimmerpost app like before - sorry for botched post. Here is my wheel after 17k miles

Sonax once a quarter. Maintenance is crucial for alcantara - overall, Great quality product from Aza Auto wheel for a daily driver.

Name:  STEERING WHEEL 17K . 2.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  260.1 KB

Name:  STEERING WHEEL 17K MILES.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  277.2 KB

Appreciate 1
      10-01-2022, 11:24 PM   #83
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Sneak peak! New exhaust set up!

Eisenmann primary & secondary DP installed - Eventuri Intake V2 system - M Performance Exhaust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH2p-gWWRBw

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 05:24 PM   #84
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
** Iphone 14 Pro pics don't upload as attachments to bimmerpost app like before - sorry for botched post. Here is my wheel after 17k miles

Sonax once a quarter. Maintenance is crucial for alcantara - overall, Great quality product from Aza Auto wheel for a daily driver.

Attachment 2997410

Attachment 2997411
Absolutely stunning. So glad to hear it has held up well. I hope to be doing this soon also as soon as I have the time.