BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    7 Series Seat Memory Switch Retrofit - Gentleman Function

10-01-2022, 12:00 AM   #23
omgmike
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
ordered my switch as well.

as far as the passenger dimming mirror. I was glad my 2014 X5 had this and was annoyed when they stopped a few years later for the F15. Makes no sense. How much money is BMW really saving. I know the cars didn't get cheaper as a result!
While I love my LCI M5C, I am continually amazed at some of the areas where BMW has cheaped out on. The fact that my 150k BMW has a significantly worse sounding stereo than my wife's 100k Navigator drives me absolutely insane. The non-auto dimming passenger side mirror. The inability to adjust the passenger seat settings from the drivers seat. Rear doors window sunshades being manually operated vs auto in the 7 series. Just so many little things you'd expect to have in a vehicle at this level and they just aren't there.

I still love my car, it's a dream to own and drive, but man, you've got to wonder who at BMW thought going this route was a good idea when your competition isn't…
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 06:22 PM   #24
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgmike View Post
Quote:

as far as the passenger dimming mirror. I was glad my 2014 X5 had this and was annoyed when they stopped a few years later for the F15. Makes no sense. How much money is BMW really saving. I know the cars didn't get cheaper as a result!
While I love my LCI M5C, I am continually amazed at some of the areas where BMW has cheaped out on. The fact that my 150k BMW has a significantly worse sounding stereo than my wife's 100k Navigator drives me absolutely insane. The non-auto dimming passenger side mirror. The inability to adjust the passenger seat settings from the drivers seat. Rear doors window sunshades being manually operated vs auto in the 7 series. Just so many little things you'd expect to have in a vehicle at this level and they just aren't there.

I still love my car, it's a dream to own and drive, but man, you've got to wonder who at BMW thought going this route was a good idea when your competition isn't…
How about the lack of cf trim despite every other M being an option. That's always blown my mind.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
omgmike358.00
      10-02-2022, 03:54 PM   #25
omgmike
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M5C

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgmike View Post
Quote:

How about the lack of cf trim despite every other M being an option. That's always blown my mind.
Dude, yes. Like wtf BMW? The M5 is about as iconic as it gets and we can't get CF trim pieces from the factory for it. SMH
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2023, 08:14 AM   #26
NoMods
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5

Garage List
2022 M5  [10.00]
Tag!
Appreciate 0