Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

08-30-2016, 04:09 AM   #1
Vegasbar10der
Rep
Drives: 15' protonic blue I8

Over a month in the shop!

Have had my 15 I8 for approx 3 months when car locked up after work one night. (1 am for me) 3800 miles and the module that controls gearboxes faulted and left me to spend until 5am getting towed to dealership. First week was spent with software, finally ordered parts on second week, back ordered and still not in. Just passed week 5....anyone else having a nightmare like this?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 07:27 AM   #2
Aye-eight
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasbar10der View Post
Have had my 15 I8 for approx 3 months when car locked up after work one night. (1 am for me) 3800 miles and the module that controls gearboxes faulted and left me to spend until 5am getting towed to dealership. First week was spent with software, finally ordered parts on second week, back ordered and still not in. Just passed week 5....anyone else having a nightmare like this?
Had this issue twice. First time, they fixed it with a software update. Then it came back, and they replaced parts. First time took two days, second time four days. Towing was a nightmare each time - even the BMW hotline didn't seem to know what an i8 was.

I feel for you ...
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 11:26 AM   #3
Surreyi8
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

My early i8 is about to go in for its 11th visit in 2 years. These are not yet reliable cars and you would be mad to keep one once the warranty has run out!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2016, 05:22 PM   #4
Aye-eight
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreyi8 View Post
My early i8 is about to go in for its 11th visit in 2 years. These are not yet reliable cars and you would be mad to keep one once the warranty has run out!
Is there no lemon law in the UK?
Appreciate 0