BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Coolant expansion tank bulletin from BMW

Yesterday, 10:15 PM   #89
Rafichicago
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 2009 E63AMG Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
I think the crappy cooling failures on BMWs over the years are not the same. First there were weak plastic side tank radiators. Then there were weak nipples on plastic hose ends. Around the same time, electric coolant pumps and plastic thermostat housings failed. Now it is the coolant tank. I changed mine as preventative maintenance and also took some proactive steps to reduce stress on the tank by reducing radiant heat and coolant temperatures. Doubt I have solved the problem and am looking forward to an improved tank.
I’ve been around BMW long enough to remember e46 and e85 z4 expansion tank cracking… let me put it this way. It’s always cooling system. Always. How hard is it to figure out for the brand that’s been around for that long ? Or maybe they don’t want to ? The only reason they’re doing something about it is that it can grenade engines before warranty runs out.
Edit
And this is very bad for cust… shareholders.
Appreciate 0