BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    M5 Competition question???

11-02-2019, 01:24 AM   #133
Salespunk
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Slow

2019 Comp model with SW updated today and it definitely sounds like the first one and not the second.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 08:41 AM   #134
krleas
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F90 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
2019 Comp model with SW updated today and it definitely sounds like the first one and not the second.
Where are you from?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 01:03 PM   #135
Nikolov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 F90 M5C, '17 911 TTS

California, by the looks of it.
      11-05-2019, 01:07 PM   #136
castilla
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M4

I recieved my 2019 Comp yesterday, in the parking mode reving sound great and loud and I also liked the sport+ engine start up.But my dissapointing is while driving the car its extremely quiet.It's like night and day.When i am reving it to 3-4k rpms sound is good but i cant get the same sound on driving.Is it normal?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 06:04 AM   #137
Pankrivoklat
Private
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW, Porsche

Living in Czech Republic, geographically in the heart of EU, this summer my and my brother bought two new BMW M5 F90 wich was delivered during august 2019. Both of them comes with BMW OS 7, Live Cockpit Professional and apparently MODIFIED ECU that causes completely loss of sporty sound. Although both cars are equiped with M Sport Exhaust – they can‘t produce burbles, crackles and backfires. Now the cars sounds like regular V8 automotive product without any touch of exceptionality, aggressiveness or M feeling.

Because that change was made by BMW without one single previous notice or explanation to customers and because BMW sold us a M Sport exhaust system (EUR 1500 on each car) wich does virtually NOTHING to sound of the car, we wrote a official complaint. Letter was send to Mr. Sebastian Mackensen, Head of Sales at BMW AG Munchen, Markus Flasch, chief of BWM M and also to chief of local Czech Republic branch. See entire document attached here in separate thread:

Official customer complaint – post july 2019 cars loses sportier sound
2019 BMW F90 M5 | 2014 Porsche 991 Carrera 2S | 2013 BMW F01 740dX | 2011 BMW E82 1M Coupe | 2008 BMW E70 X5 3.0d | 2003 BMW E46 M3 Coupe | 2000 Porsche 996 Carrera 4 | 2000 BMW E39 535i | 1998 BMW E39 528i
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 08:05 AM   #138
Mightyhoof
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 COMP

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankrivoklat View Post
Living in Czech Republic, geographically in the heart of EU, this summer my and my brother bought two new BMW M5 F90 wich was delivered during august 2019. Both of them comes with BMW OS 7, Live Cockpit Professional and apparently MODIFIED ECU that causes completely loss of sporty sound. Although both cars are equiped with M Sport Exhaust – they can‘t produce burbles, crackles and backfires. Now the cars sounds like regular V8 automotive product without any touch of exceptionality, aggressiveness or M feeling.

Because that change was made by BMW without one single previous notice or explanation to customers and because BMW sold us a M Sport exhaust system (EUR 1500 on each car) wich does virtually NOTHING to sound of the car, we wrote a official complaint. Letter was send to Mr. Sebastian Mackensen, Head of Sales at BMW AG Munchen, Markus Flasch, chief of BWM M and also to chief of local Czech Republic branch. See entire document attached here in separate thread:

I feel you my friend.... I live in Slovenia and the same thing happened to me. Unfortunately BMW won't do ANYTHING they will say "we must comply with EU laws" all you can do i complain to local BMW dealer that sold you the car. In the meantime here is the solution we came up with and it costs ruffly around €3.200. Hope this helps

https://www.ac-schnitzer.de/en/bmw/m...ion-17921.html
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 03:35 PM   #139
luca09
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyhoof View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankrivoklat View Post

I feel you my friend.... I live in Slovenia and the same thing happened to me. Unfortunately BMW won't do ANYTHING they will say "we must comply with EU laws" all you can do i complain to local BMW dealer that sold you the car. In the meantime here is the solution we came up with and it costs ruffly around €3.200. Hope this helps

https://www.ac-schnitzer.de/en/bmw/m...ion-17921.html
But still no crackles/burbles with that solution ..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 12:35 AM   #140
Mightyhoof
Private
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by luca09 View Post
Yes there will be
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 02:18 AM   #141
Nikolov
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes there will be
Please post a sound clip and your VIN if possible.
      11-08-2019, 07:07 AM   #142
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luca09 View Post
Yes there will be
How? Those sounds many of us love so much are artificially induced and it's that which has been removed—you can't change the song using a bigger set of speakers.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 11:08 AM   #143
DGillies
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Comp. MBB

no action from Sytner's, BMW are stating this is now standard with no deviation possible. No other options, very disappointed but seemingly this is the end of the road unless anyone has differing experience?

Does anyone have a solution or supplier that can resolve the missing noise!!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 03:09 AM   #144
Mightyhoof
Private
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
How? Those sounds many of us love so much are artificially induced and it's that which has been removed—you can't change the song using a bigger set of speakers.
The engineers at AC Schnitzer said they guarantee that it will work even with post Jul 2019 M5 well anyway I will install it next week and post an update. They guarantee it will sound like the car in the link

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 02:42 AM   #145
bpma
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5C Stage 2

Quote:
The engineers at AC Schnitzer said they guarantee that it will work even with post Jul 2019 M5 well anyway I will install it next week and post an update. They guarantee it will sound like the car in the link

Hate to break it to you, but it's an ECU map issue, not an exhaust issue.
Appreciate 1
luca094.00
      11-10-2019, 04:22 AM   #146
Mightyhoof
Private
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpma View Post
So what you are saying is that Schnitzer guys have no clue what they are talking about?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 04:47 AM   #147
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
So what you are saying is that Schnitzer guys have no clue what they are talking about?
They may make it louder changing the back box assy, which in turn may cause Engine light.
This back box change has been done in the UK with the Light coming on after a few hundred miles.
      11-10-2019, 06:07 AM   #148
Nikolov
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The AC Schnitzer axle back barely makes the exhaust louder. The OEM burble/pops are much louder than what you hear on that clip and the only way to bring those back is by manipulating the ECU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
They may make it louder changing the back box assy, which in turn may cause Engine light.
This back box change has been done in the UK with the Light coming on after a few hundred miles.
Please stop spreading misinformation without knowing the exact cause. Changing the mufflers won't cause a check engine light - I know, because I've done it (unlike you). Not connecting/plugging the valve vacuum lines will.

Last edited by Nikolov; 11-10-2019 at 06:20 AM..
Appreciate 1
luca094.00
      11-10-2019, 07:40 AM   #149
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolov View Post

Please stop spreading misinformation without knowing the exact cause. Changing the mufflers won't cause a check engine light - I know, because I've done it (unlike you). Not connecting/plugging the valve vacuum lines will.
JUST for YOUR information, I have mates who HAVE fitted Remas Axel back to their F90 M5's, and consequently got the ENGINE light so up yours pale.
      11-10-2019, 09:10 AM   #150
M5NL
Rep
Drives: M5 2020

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Very curious to see the result, please keep us posted, for the poor of us in the same boat as you...
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 11:34 AM   #151
A Need For Speed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Comp Nardo/Aragon

Quote:
So Limey, do you know is this neutering of the ECU a European problem only due to EU pollution laws or do those of us in US have to worry our dealer will update ours to this at scheduled services?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 11:46 AM   #152
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Need For Speed View Post
Quote:
So Limey, do you know is this neutering of the ECU a European problem only due to EU pollution laws or do those of us in US have to worry our dealer will update ours to this at scheduled services?
Sorry, I don't know for sure and have asked everywhere and anywhere I can but I don't have a firm answer. The standard most certainly doesn't apply in the States (based on everything I've read and opinions here) but, in and of itself, that doesn't mean BMW won't implement the change uniformly worldwide. It's reasonable I think to contrast this with BMW's magic anti-dazzle headlights, the hardware is installed everywhere but it's coded off via software. So I guess it depends how they approach the problem long-term.

Sorry, no help here.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 03:58 PM   #153
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpma View Post
It's not a question of AC not knowing anything but he is correct. It is an ecu thing... They can stiffen or lighten your steering with a computer now and it takes minutes... Throttle response, burbles, cold start delete, et all... Now can be changed with a laptop...

The European members had their cars get quiet after software update... Throwing an exhaust on there won't help what's going on overseas...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 08:09 AM   #154
Mightyhoof
Private
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
It's not a question of AC not knowing anything but he is correct. It is an ecu thing... They can stiffen or lighten your steering with a computer now and it takes minutes... Throttle response, burbles, cold start delete, et all... Now can be changed with a laptop...

The European members had their cars get quiet after software update... Throwing an exhaust on there won't help what's going on overseas...
OK i will install this week and UPDATE you all
Appreciate 0