10-28-2019, 08:50 PM   #1
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

Bmw m5 vs m6 comp package

Hi guys,

Current owner of a bmw M6 gran coupe competition package. We use to have a 540i in the family and I truly loved that car. It was tech heavy and updated compared to my m6 comp which is starting to show its age.

Have any owners switched up or had an experiences? I know they both use the same engine but how's performance with the awd system?

Would really appreciate everyone's feedback.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 07:06 AM   #2
Ian335xd
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleanm6 View Post
Hi guys,

Current owner of a bmw M6 gran coupe competition package. We use to have a 540i in the family and I truly loved that car. It was tech heavy and updated compared to my m6 comp which is starting to show its age.

Have any owners switched up or had an experiences? I know they both use the same engine but how's performance with the awd system?

Would really appreciate everyone's feedback.
I have just done that change.Standard M5 from a M6 GC Comp.

I haven't had the RIS done yet but I am very pleased with the car. Regarding performance you can tell it has more power in the lower gears and the traction is fantastic.(BMW restricted the power in the lower 2 gears on the M6).

To be truthful I was not a great lover of 4 wheel drive and have driven a few but the M5 doesn't feel like AWD and you can tell it is RWD bias, you can feel the power moving to the front wheels when required but the system is very clever and traction is mind blowing.

Handling wise you can tell the M5 has a higher centre of gravity but it resists roll very well and I would say the ride is very similar maybe slightly firmer.

Go out and test drive one and if possible have it for a least a day and let me know what you think.
Appreciate 0