BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    Gave up on Wiretap, did the proper install on Valentine 1

05-20-2019, 03:18 PM   #1
Aronis
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Gave up on Wiretap, did the proper install on Valentine 1

Well after having the wiretap wire displaced twice at dealer service I spent the time to properly wire my V1 to the fusebox. I have to go back to dealer for one more 'replace the sensor' so figured no point in putting the wire tap back in since they are going to be moving stuff around again. Those things stay in pretty good, but perhaps not good enough. LOL.

I also ended up neatening up my dash cam install, since I found a better spot to stash all the extra wire and also cleaned up the routing of the wires. I got a little lazy and did not move the switch box for the dash cam yet, but plan on moving it to the arm rest for easier access. Beautiful day today but as usual from Winter to Summer in one day, and it was HOT!

After taking off an A-piller cover (driver's side this time) for the second time I figured out how to get the end cap of the dash off easier. Take off the weather stripping, then, well, it's dam easy!

Mike

2018 M5 and 2019 Porsche Boxster GTS
Prior. '94 325is, '97 M3 Lux, '16 M2
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 07:19 PM   #2
Aronis
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

This is the front fuse box, the two fuses are "switched" and "always hot" The "switched" one goes out after about 10 minutes. The two are used for my Dash Cam (with parking mode) but the switched one also goes to the Valentine 1. These fuse plug in things are great, they have a separate spot for the fuse you are hijacking and a fuse for the circuit you are adding.

Mike

(added image by request of another user)
Attached Images

2018 M5 and 2019 Porsche Boxster GTS
Prior. '94 325is, '97 M3 Lux, '16 M2
Appreciate 0