BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion    Steve Dinan is back with CarBahn Autoworks

Closed Thread

03-09-2018, 12:00 PM   #23
sqeezed
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2014 M5

OMG the shop on my way yesssss

Count me for Dyno too guys
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 12:03 PM   #24
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Glad to see Steve finally come full circle with his endeavors.

No, Carbahn Autoworks will not be another Dinan Engineering. Dinan Engineering is moving to Georgia, if you all have not been keeping up with the news and will continue to design and produce aftermarket products for your cars. Carbahn Autoworks is now concentrating more on the complete build projects on a case by case basis as well as every day servicing and maintenance needs for your German cars. As I have heard, Carbahn is now also doing other makes and models for some serious project building to include Mercedes AMG and Audi S/RS models, and not just BMW.

My car was one of the first to receive Carbahn's new motor building services, at least for a streetable F10 M5. You can read all about my project here and the short history of how I came to work with Carbahn:

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1461413

I went with Steve's new company because I knew he was the best and also he was one of the only people in the world that knows how to build real race engines.

So far I have already put over 4,000 miles on my new Carbahn motor and it has been 100% trouble free and quite amazing. There are a lot of small shops, one man operations, and experts out there that can also build motors, and many of them are great, but Carbahn with Steve Dinan's history and expertise behind it, offer products and services that are not only unique in what they do and how they do it, but also innovative in ways that I have not found anywhere else.

I am glad that Carbahn is now a part of this community here on Bimmerpost, and I can testify that what they do is exemplary. I for one am one extremely happy customer of their product and I can't say enough about the quality and exciting nature of their work.

Appreciate 5
Viffermike1753.00
No Boost4019.00
Jez_zza438.50
otay826.00
Milas29.50
      03-09-2018, 12:28 PM   #25
Bahn360Photo
Fitness Gene
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Garage List
2006 bmw m5  [10.00]
2016 bmw z4 35is  [7.50]
2000 bmw m5  [10.00]
2018 BMW M4  [10.00]
1987 BMW 325 Conver ...  [10.00]
That's great, now if his products would be price competitive then we can talk

Effective 11 Min Home Workouts?????
No equipment?????
20 years of experience
Spartan Race winner
PROtrainer!
Click the link??
https://www.youtube.com/c/FitnessGene
Appreciate 1
Dr._Who124.50
      03-09-2018, 01:00 PM   #26
PetrolFumes
Major
Rep
Drives: Raptor, GT3RS,E92 M3,X5M50i

pretty fcking cool.. makes me want to scoop an E9X M3 and get the motor done
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 01:43 PM   #27
SDPLV
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 DCT Silverstone II

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
So...what all can be done if you got a S65?
Current: 08 E90 M3 DCT SSII w/ BE RB Swap, H8 Lux 180s, MS Drop-in AF, CF spoiler, CF diffuser, OEM CF leather trim, CF DCT paddles, Custom DCT flatbottom wheel, MirrorTap 9500ix, RockAuto rotors, Hawk HPS pads, AMS ECU 93 Oct Map Tune, GTS DCT update, Slambo custom undertray
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 02:52 PM   #28
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
I want a flash tune and an intercooler/Intake/exhaust that doesn't require me to start cutting shit off my car to install. The current M2 Dinan parts on the market are a joke.
Appreciate 3
No Boost4019.00
      03-09-2018, 03:03 PM   #29
CarBahn Autoworks
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lots of BMWs coming and going

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post

No, Carbahn Autoworks will not be another Dinan Engineering. Dinan Engineering is moving to Georgia, if you all have not been keeping up with the news and will continue to design and produce aftermarket products for your cars. Carbahn Autoworks is now concentrating more on the complete build projects on a case by case basis as well as every day servicing and maintenance needs for your German cars. As I have heard, Carbahn is now also doing other makes and models for some serious project building to include Mercedes AMG and Audi S/RS models, and not just BMW.

My car was one of the first to receive Carbahn's new motor building services, at least for a streetable F10 M5. You can read all about my project here and the short history of how I came to work with Carbahn:

I went with Steve's new company because I knew he was the best and also he was one of the only people in the world that knows how to build real race engines.

So far I have already put over 4,000 miles on my new Carbahn motor and it has been 100% trouble free and quite amazing. There are a lot of small shops, one man operations, and experts out there that can also build motors, and many of them are great, but Carbahn with Steve Dinan's history and expertise behind it, offer products and services that are not only unique in what they do and how they do it, but also innovative in ways that I have not found anywhere else.

I am glad that Carbahn is now a part of this community here on Bimmerpost, and I can testify that what they do is exemplary. I for one am one extremely happy customer of their product and I can't say enough about the quality and exciting nature of their work.
Thanks for the support and clarification. You are exactly right that we are focusing on the build process and general service as well as expansion into other European makes. We still have a great relationship with Dinan and we sell and install Dinan parts all the time at the CarBahn facilities. Where Dinan is a parts manufacturer and distributor, CarBahn is more of a tuning resource for all makes and models and can focus on specialty builds. Different goals, same Steve Dinan quality of service and engineering. Dinan actually will be in Alabama, on the same campus as APR. We can't wait to see their new digs.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 03:05 PM   #30
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarBahn Autoworks View Post
Quote:

Thanks for the support and clarification. You are exactly right that we are focusing on the build process and general service as well as expansion into other European makes. We still have a great relationship with Dinan and we sell and install Dinan parts all the time at the CarBahn facilities. Where Dinan is a parts manufacturer and distributor, CarBahn is more of a tuning resource for all makes and models and can focus on specialty builds. Different goals, same Steve Dinan quality of service and engineering. Dinan actually will be in Alabama, on the same campus as APR. We can't wait to see their new digs.
That's what it was, Alabama not Georgia. Got my southern states mixed up.

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 03:12 PM   #31
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
I want a flash tune and an intercooler/Intake/exhaust that doesn't require me to start cutting shit off my car to install. The current M2 Dinan parts on the market are a joke.
C'mon now. The software/hardware he backs is legit, so DD friendly like an OEM tune. Just buck up and pay the install cost on your nearly $60k M2. It's worth it my friend.
Appreciate 3
      03-09-2018, 03:24 PM   #32
raysspl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus

Exciting times!
      03-09-2018, 03:24 PM   #33
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarBahn Autoworks View Post
Quote:

That's what it was, Alabama not Georgia. Got my southern states mixed up.
Dinan being absorbed and moved to Opelika Alabama? Good god. What sad news.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 04:00 PM   #34
e92ben
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 BMW 635csi

Dinan moving focus to Audi/vag cars. Interested to see what or when carbahn will be releasing parts wise. Not the catchiest name but sure is exciting.

e92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 04:08 PM   #35
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage IV View Post
Quote:
C'mon now. The software/hardware he backs is legit, so DD friendly like an OEM tune. Just buck up and pay the install cost on your nearly $60k M2. It's worth it my friend.
Lol that's my point. It's a $60,000 car. I shouldn't have to be cutting anything off of it and permanently modifying it to get parts onto it. I like parts that don't require permanently modifying or altering the car. True bolt ons, not cut ons. And flash > piggyback. Dinan doesn't meet either of those requirements for me unfortunately. I'm picky, what can I say. My Remus exhaust is a work of art compared to what Dinan's selling. It's a shame they didn't spend more time and money engineering a better quality package. I'd have gladly paid more money for nicer/better fitting parts.
      03-09-2018, 04:22 PM   #36
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
Quote:
Lol that's my point. It's a $60,000 car. I shouldn't have to be cutting anything off of it and permanently modifying it to get parts onto it. I like parts that don't require permanently modifying or altering the car. True bolt ons, not cut ons. And flash > piggyback. Dinan doesn't meet either of those requirements for me unfortunately. I'm picky, what can I say. My Remus exhaust is a work of art compared to what Dinan's selling. It's a shame they didn't spend more time and money making a nicer package. I'm sure I'd have loved it.
Agreed, flash>piggy. I will say this particular piggy is very comprehensive and to reiterate, feels oem.

The Dinan exhaust sounds legit and, imo, looks the part with the oversized matte black tips. To each their own as the cliche goes.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2018, 04:49 PM   #37
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
sold dinan to recreate....dinan?
Yes, I find this perplexing. The company was significant enough to put his name on but not keep? It would rub me the wrong way if I couldn’t put my name on another company (if I was into that). I think it’s actually better not to put your name on the business exactly in this case. It’s easier to sell to someone who might otherwise want to rename the business or might be polarized by the name.

With all that said, it sounds like he is having fun and has the bank to do whatever he wants. You can’t ask for more than that.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 05:02 PM   #38
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Having the founder with their name on the company leave to start another company in the same line of business happens more often than many of you think.

Two examples. Eric Buell. When things went south with Harley Davidson and HD killed off the brand, Eric Buell went out and created Eric Buell Racing (EBR).

Not in the motoring world, but Bob Carver left Carver and created a new company called Sunfire producing the same amplifiers he was famous for.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2018, 05:39 PM   #39
mvigod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Garage List
Is it going to be a Dinan Authorized shop?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 05:52 PM   #40
El Wray
Private
Rep
Drives: AW X6M

Hey Mike/Sean! Was great getting that reflash the other day guys - new dig is nice and an easier to navigate location.

Wake me up when there's a stage 2 for the E71 M!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 05:59 PM   #41
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

All I can say is welcome back!

Back in the 80's Steve built a Euro 635CSI Turbo for my brother.
Car was insane!
At the time ~300+ HP from a CSI was pretty eff'n crazy.
It had fully adjustable rear suspension and all kinds of other stuff.

The car was an absolute beast for the time.
The M6 was anti-climatic after driving this beast.

Welcome Back.
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters, Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex Square SM10-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1 & Galaxy Tab\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\xHP Flash\Resonator Removed and -> is your friend.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 06:26 PM   #42
elusivefx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw e60 e53 e83

Glad to hear Steve is back!!! We love all the Dinan M3's we get in from time to time and can't wait to see what is in store next.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 06:27 PM   #43
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM135is View Post
Yes, I find this perplexing. The company was significant enough to put his name on but not keep? It would rub me the wrong way if I couldn’t put my name on another company (if I was into that). I think it’s actually better not to put your name on the business exactly in this case. It’s easier to sell to someone who might otherwise want to rename the business or might be polarized by the name.

With all that said, it sounds like he is having fun and has the bank to do whatever he wants. You can’t ask for more than that.
i've heard dinan was in major debt and therefore the reason for the sale. take this with a grain of salt i'm not the tmz of bimmerpost.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 08:05 PM   #44
TRZ06
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM135is View Post
Yes, I find this perplexing. The company was significant enough to put his name on but not keep? It would rub me the wrong way if I couldnÂ’t put my name on another company (if I was into that). I think itÂ’s actually better not to put your name on the business exactly in this case. ItÂ’s easier to sell to someone who might otherwise want to rename the business or might be polarized by the name.

With all that said, it sounds like he is having fun and has the bank to do whatever he wants. You canÂ’t ask for more than that.
i've heard dinan was in major debt and therefore the reason for the sale. take this with a grain of salt i'm not the tmz of bimmerpost.
Yep. Basically off loading a business in the red heading for bankruptcy.

Restarting with no debt.

Shitty practices and I have no respect for it
13' Audi TTRS (APR stage 1, MSS springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' M3 Interlagos Blue: 6sp, Tech.
Appreciate 1
rjd5981769.50
Closed Thread