09-16-2023, 08:08 PM   #23
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredsaint View Post
Are you getting deported?
Lol nah, choosing to leave. Nothing is final yet, but it's what I'm leaning towards and most likely what's going to happen by Feb or March.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2023, 12:10 AM   #24
Neptune7
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Lol nah, choosing to leave. Nothing is final yet, but it's what I'm leaning towards and most likely what's going to happen by Feb or March.
Sorry to hear. Hope everything is ok. Car is ultimately just a material thing.
Appreciate 2
      09-17-2023, 12:12 AM   #25
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune7 View Post
Sorry to hear. Hope everything is ok. Car is ultimately just a material thing.
I'll get through it, whatever happens happens honestly. I'm not sure what the future will hold, but there's always light at the end of the tunnel.
Appreciate 2
      09-17-2023, 10:08 AM   #26
STi from DSM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback

Garage List
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
Everyone will always chime in on what they think the vehicle is worth. I tried to get more out of my M5, but ultimately traded it in and took the loss. I thought this this was a mispost when I first saw this, and didn't even know some of these options exist. This is an extremely rare 1 of 1 M5C. Is it $185k rare? Maybe to the right buyer. I have to say though that the OP will be hard pressed to get anything over M5CS money for a non CS. You never know though. It doesn't hurt to start high and go lower if it doesn't move. Hard to raise the price, easy to lower it.
      09-17-2023, 04:35 PM   #27
imperfectluck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20' F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi from DSM View Post
Everyone will always chime in on what they think the vehicle is worth. I tried to get more out of my M5, but ultimately traded it in and took the loss. I thought this this was a mispost when I first saw this, and didn't even know some of these options exist. This is an extremely rare 1 of 1 M5C. Is it $185k rare? Maybe to the right buyer. I have to say though that the OP will be hard pressed to get anything over M5CS money for a non CS. You never know though. It doesn't hurt to start high and go lower if it doesn't move. Hard to raise the price, easy to lower it.
That’s the main crux of the issue to be honest, even for a person that would be looking for such a unicorn M5C in their mind or mine, I would still float the idea of why not getting the CS variant but as many of us have said it would work for the right buyer.

I truthfully don’t believe that buyer exists here on the forums. BAT or some auction that would be fine of this 1 of 1 spec perhaps.

If they do repo it we all know it won’t go for nearly as much as the ask here so if getting something back from it matters to you in a reasonable timeframe, it would make sense to adjust accordingly. Just saying this as any repo company that were to catch this would make a killing off of it and I’d rather you be the one to get something back from it and not someone else but that’s your decision alone to be made.

Sorry to see the OP go and wish you could take that beauty overseas with you but life goes on.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2023, 05:16 PM   #28
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

I don’t think this car or most cars stand a chance of getting anything reasonable on BAT or cars and bids. There’s some cars that get a lot of attention and hype and happen into a bidding war. The rest, where I’ve examined, sell way under what you can get privately. In general — notice a lot of the buyers on these sites are actually dealerships. They sell so far under market value that a dealer can buy it, ship, and resell it for a profit. I remember when I was about to sell my M550i — I was ecstatic because I wasn’t sure what to list for and someone put their car on C&B. It it was almost exactly my spec and had slightly lower miles. Same MSRP by $500 and was Carbon black vs my BSM. It sold for $14,000 less than I sold mine for lol. Since then I pay attention to how many cars get scooped by dealers. The people making money on those sites are the guys who flip cars for sure.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2023, 07:10 PM   #29
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
I don’t think this car or most cars stand a chance of getting anything reasonable on BAT or cars and bids. There’s some cars that get a lot of attention and hype and happen into a bidding war. The rest, where I’ve examined, sell way under what you can get privately. In general — notice a lot of the buyers on these sites are actually dealerships. They sell so far under market value that a dealer can buy it, ship, and resell it for a profit. I remember when I was about to sell my M550i — I was ecstatic because I wasn’t sure what to list for and someone put their car on C&B. It it was almost exactly my spec and had slightly lower miles. Same MSRP by $500 and was Carbon black vs my BSM. It sold for $14,000 less than I sold mine for lol. Since then I pay attention to how many cars get scooped by dealers. The people making money on those sites are the guys who flip cars for sure.
I agree bring a trailer and other similar sites would likely not help much. The only potential thing that could occur is someone sees it who otherwise wouldn’t and falls in love with it. But I think that’s a pipe dream in reality.

The problem is while it’s a beautiful car with all the right stuff on it, only cars that are no longer in production and we’re extremely limited in production to begin with do well on those sites. Older Supras , original nsxs, old m cars or very rare limited production m cars, integra type r, s2000, m5 cs eventually. Stuff like that.

While it may be one of one in color. It’s one of 10s of 1000s of f90 comps. It’s a standard m5 comp, with a rare color. That doesn’t add 50-75k in value unfortunately. It’s has some cool options specd but they’re not worth much, and the rest is just run if the mill m performance stuff that anyone could buy at a fraction of the cost.

I stand by the fact that on the open retail market the car is worth 115-125k max. 130-135k would be a gift. Wholesale it’s even worse.

If he’s going to let it get repod obviously in a situation where credit doesn’t matter or it’s in a business name or just doesn’t care about his credit in general. So may as well yank as much of the stuff you can off the car before it gets repod. All the m performance stuff, wheels, hell, even may be able to sell or trade the interior for a common color to recoup some money. Not that that’s very ethical but neither is just letting the car get repossessed. So not sure the angle here.

I just know 185 is a pipe dream and if can even close to 130-140 it’s a gift. Take it and run.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 01:45 PM   #30
pmsteinm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 M5C, 19 X5

Garage List
@OP Can you part out the ceramic controls for me

I agree BAT is really for car's that haven't been made for a while. I was happy to get 1/2 of what I originally paid for my 09 CTS-V after owning it for 14 years and 100k miles.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 08:48 PM   #31
bxdinster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 comp 2009 135i

sick car only thing that affects you is m5cs.. I dont care what rare options this car has hard to pay more for this over a cs model. On that note wish the op would let me rob his interior before the repo truck takes it....
Appreciate 1
arbifox26.00
      09-18-2023, 10:57 PM   #32
5_chill
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp XDrive, M5 Comp

Quote:
Personal issue, most likely leaving the country permanently. If it doesn't sell I'll just let them repo it since it doesn't really matter anymore lol
Repo? Maybe you’ll have an accident. FYI, the oil cooler is down in the front behind the bumper. Do with that information what you feel.
Appreciate 2
afo818256.00
      09-18-2023, 11:51 PM   #33
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_chill View Post
Repo? Maybe you’ll have an accident. FYI, the oil cooler is down in the front behind the bumper. Do with that information what you feel.
Lol I'd feel bad destroying the car honestly. In sure someone will pick it up from auction if it gets repoed and enjoys it (if I'm leaving permanently credit doesn't really matter at that point)
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 11:55 PM   #34
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxdinster View Post
sick car only thing that affects you is m5cs.. I dont care what rare options this car has hard to pay more for this over a cs model. On that note wish the op would let me rob his interior before the repo truck takes it....
The M5 CS pricing definitely doesn't help... I have to imagine there is a large portion of the "M5" buyer pool who would prefer a CS over a comp given the budget, and availability. But I know plenty who wouldn't want a CS too... Most can agree if given the opportunity a CS would be a sweet car to have over a Comp given money and availability was no object . The current pricing for the CS is mid-high 140s to like highest being around 180k (pipe dream) most are around the 150-160k range depending on miles.

As for the people who wouldn't consider an M5 CS? I'd say the majority wouldn't because of creature comfort features they would not get in a CS like BW audio system, massaging seats etc, less sound dampening and they don't see the value in the CS, which I can agree to some extent... But if those folks don't see the value in a CS, they most certainly wouldn't be willing to pay 20-30-40k more than a CS for a Comp.

The CS is certainly an issue, but if the CS didn't exist, theres still nearly a zero % chance of getting 185K for this car. The biggest issue is it's still an M5 Comp with a unique color, a couple unique options (but only unique to the United States). Then the rest is basically add ons, and accessories. Not to mention the CS actually has a lot of those carbon accessories standard, in addition to a carbon CS hood. It's 1 of 1 comp. Yes. But it's 1 of how many M5 Comps? 50,000? I dont know the build #s, but it's certainly not what I would call a rare collector car. Maybe years from now it would be. Maybe.

The problem is the other 100s of New or slightly use 2023 M5 Comps that can be had on the market right now, for nearly half the price of this car.

Bottom line is it's not a rare car, it's a normal M5 Comp with some cool stuff on it and a cool color combo. The VIN will always decode as an 2023 M5 Comp which dictates the value, along with miles and condition.

Still a beautiful car no doubt about it.
Appreciate 1
arbifox26.00
      09-19-2023, 06:15 AM   #35
m4dman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CS

If you leave permanently just park the car on my block with the keys 🤣🤣 just messing with you GLWS!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 07:42 AM   #36
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
I'll get through it, whatever happens happens honestly. I'm not sure what the future will hold, but there's always light at the end of the tunnel.
Leaving permanently and nothing seems to matter hopefully you are not considering going out lake Thelma and Louise, but what a way to go in your dream car. Literally kill two birds with one stone. Hopefully they light at the end of the tunnel is not a train!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 12:59 PM   #37
PokGuy
The Ma of all E90's
Rep
Drives: the neighbors craaazzzyy!

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Lol I'd feel bad destroying the car honestly. In sure someone will pick it up from auction if it gets repoed and enjoys it (if I'm leaving permanently credit doesn't really matter at that point)
You never know man, you might come back. Maybe destroy your credit as last resort? lol. But if you really don't care then make sure to open some credit cards and have a good time before you leave. Best of luck to your journey
      09-19-2023, 03:14 PM   #38
leftlanelarry
Rep
Drives: 22 BSM M5 comp

My journey occurred simultaneously whilst you were looking for yours. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hopefully brighter days will return despite where your head rests. i only wish that I could have ordered exactly through your process. Good luck man
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2023, 07:10 PM   #39
5_chill
Private
Rep

Quote:
Never know what can happen in life. Could end up back here. They repo the car. Then someone else buys it and crashes it.
Appreciate 1
micvite1540.00
      09-20-2023, 07:17 PM   #40
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_chill View Post
Never know what can happen in life. Could end up back here. They repo the car. Then someone else buys it and crashes it.
True, but at least someone else might enjoy it that way
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2023, 07:19 PM   #41
5_chill
Private
Rep

Quote:
True, but at least someone else might enjoy it that way
Someone else enjoying something isn’t worth your credit going rock bottom. They can find another one. Lol
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2023, 08:35 AM   #42
TBrock
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnotrom711 View Post
I have to partially agree. Although it's a beautiful car, stunning, and has all the good stuff. Its unique, awesome, and a lot of people will love it...

But, this is exactly why it's tough to get the value out of the individual paint and interior schemes. Because the people that don't love it wont. Where as someone who would prefer "white" may settle for "silver", I wanted a Arabian gray G63 when I bought it, couldn't find one in my budget so I settled for graphite metallic. But I would NOT have settled at any price for say.... Green (just an example)

Also, theres actually a scientific and data driven reason its tough to get the $ out of an individual car on the secondary used market.

While I don't think it's $85,000.00 over priced, it is at least 40-60k over priced.

The reason being is banks, dealers and insurance companies. Banks use book values to issue loans. Auctions and dealers base value on previous similar models sold. Which is what book values are. There are algorithms as well that these valuations are based on. And cars dealers want are the cars that appeal to the masses. Book values do not add value for colors and options like this, it's usually a deduction in reality (at least for the color). Auction values do change a little for color, but it's minimal. Like 200.00, 500.00, maybe 1000.00? And why are the book values important? Loan to value ratio. When the car is NEW banks use MSRP as the guide to base the loan to value ratio on. So they just look at the build sheet and MSRP associated. That doesn't exist in the secondary market. It's going to be based on the aggregate of all the M5s that have sold that are similar age and options. They'll add for things like CCB, or premium wheels, BW sound system. Stuff like that. They will not give you a box to check on laser head lights, and individual color schemes, or carbon accessories etc.

Dealers actually will only weigh their risk on how long the car will sit on the lot. Because they know theyre working with a certain demographic and buyer pool. So here lies the problem... The M5 buyer pool is already small (compared to say an X5), then its shrunk down a little for people who can afford a 2023. Then its shrunk down more by people with that budget who would pick a used car over a new at a 50-60k premium. Color or not, most people are not going to pay MORE for a used car than a new one. Unless you absolutely can not find a 2023 M5 Comp. Then the supply will drive prices up, like what happened in 2021, 2022, or unique rare CARS. I don't mean rare colors and rare options. M5s are unique and rare compared to a Camry, but I mean like a 911 GT2, GT3, 911TS, MB G63 etc, or other cars that historically are very low production and impossible to get an allocation. Thats not the case right now with M5s. There are 2023 new and used out there. WAY less $$. Like a lot less. So you have a tiny fraction of a buyer pool you would normally have on an already small buyer pool. Then add that to the fact that banks wont loan on it with out a massive down payment, now you're looking for someone who will pay cash, or at least put a massive down payment down, like 50-75k down just to get approved for the loan. There is people out there of course who can pay for it. But i'm just speaking like a dealer would think. And they want to appeal to the BIGGEST buyer pool they can. Which is why you see a lot of gray, white, black , silver cars. Because thats what the market dictates, and thats what sells. Not so say this isnt a sick color and someone will want it for sure. The dealers don't see it that way, and neither do banks. Unique bold colors unfortunately spell "old age" to dealers and banks, meaning where they try to turn a car in 30-60-90 days, they'll assume this will sit for 90-120-150 days at least, maybe a year. All the while the car is decreasing in value because it's used. It may sell immediately but no dealer will take that gamble, unless it's a "good deal" and at 185k asking price, that not a good deal. For anyone. That doesnt mean it isnt a SICK car.

As far as insurance companies go... anyone who would buy that would get absolutely annihilated if they were to total it. The insurance company would pay out what they pay out for a similar car on the market, or valuation. It would be a fraction of 185k they would pay out. Even gap insurance has a limit to what they'll pay out, and you usually have to have a loan for gap insurance to even be an option.

Unfortunately there is very little value to individual colors. Except to that "individual" who ordered it. UNLESS you find the unicorn person who wants exactly that car, and has enough money to pay that for it.

Youre going to have to take a hard look at what other 2023 used are selling for, and deduct/add value from there based on the options you have that are value adds. Like the CCBs, or the certain packages. You wont be able to add much for the color. if at all. Things like the laser lights. no one will pay for those. you'd be better off selling all the bits and pieces separately here in the classifieds , then sell the car. Like trade/remove the laser lights if you can and swap to standard. Pull all the carbon bits, and other accessories to re-coup your $.

Here is recent Manheim transactions for 2023 M5. You can try to add a little for some of the stuff, but wholesale is going to be similar to these prices, maybe add 5k. But for example on auto trader... 2023 used are selling for 115-120K, new are 120-130k max. Maybe you could get a little more than that. MAYBE. Doubtful though unfortunately. It will take a very specific buyer that LOVES that car to achieve anything over 125k in my opinion. Wholesale/trade in, you're looking at 95-110k max, sorry to say.

Basically on your build sheet you can see the items in BOLD that are highlighted options, those are the value adds. Those items will dictate the book value and loan to value. Everything else is either included, or not a value add on the car, so those costs are for the most part gone on the secondary market. The 1,000.00 gas guzzler tax no one will pay for. So there's a 1000.00 there. To a bank and dealer, All the carbon stuff will bring zero value. The exhaust zero value. The individual colors, no value, or very little. So you're much better off sourcing standard stuff and yanking that. Like pull the MPE exhaust buy a regular one from here and put it on there. Pull the carbon things if possible. Like the exhaust, maybe you could re-coup 5-6k there. Maybe 5-6k for all the carbon stuff. Maybe. The stuff certain has value, but not to a dealer, and not to a bank. Which I know you're trying to sell and not trade in, but ive already explained why the dealers and banks opinions are important, and thats loan to value.

Quick math I did theres like 22-25,000.00 in carbon and M performance stuff on it. Pull as much of that as you can and sell.

-Theres 1,000.00 gas guzzler tax you're trying to re-coup thats not going to happen.
-Theres 995.00 destination your'e trying to re-coup. Thats not going to happen.
-M drivers package brings zero value.
-Laser headlights while theyre bad ass, zero value unless someone wanted to buy them and trade you.
-money spent on PPF or ceramic coatings etc. Unfortunately worthless, or worth a tiny fraction of what you paid. and it has to be worth even that small amount of $ to that buyer. Most don't care, it's a bonus, but most wont pay extra for it used, or very little.

A lot of other things that are not value adds on there you simply will not ever get your money back from unfortunately.

Unfortunately as sad as it is to say it, THIS was the car you should have totaled. It would be a travesty, as it's SICK, but that would have been best case to get as much $ back as you could get. And if the car does magically get totaled, make sure you delete and eliminate any record of trying to sell it LMAO.

Sick car though for sure.
This makes me curious on my valuation. I have mine listed at 104 for a 2022 comp with 13k miles. Not sure if I'm off but I don't see much available on like autotrader/cargurues that are in the 80-90k range for a comp
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2023, 10:02 AM   #43
logicators
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBrock View Post
This makes me curious on my valuation. I have mine listed at 104 for a 2022 comp with 13k miles. Not sure if I'm off but I don't see much available on like autotrader/cargurues that are in the 80-90k range for a comp
103 is high unless you have MPE or CCB. 95 would be a more realistic number to target.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2023, 10:16 AM   #44
borys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2021 BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [0.00]
I can't see the FB post. can you pm me interior photos?
Appreciate 0