Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 185,000.00
Shipping Costs Included

Item Interest
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1970...ibextid=Nif5oz

Looking to sell my m5c individual, frozen orange on fiona red/black if anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Bure@246.00
      09-14-2023, 08:53 PM   #2
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post

Looking to sell my m5c individual, frozen orange on fiona red/black if anyone is interested shoot me a PM.
What happened?!
      09-15-2023, 10:05 AM   #3
sitcom323
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘23 i7 xDrive60

$185k for a used M5 Comp?! I can’t wait to see this…

GONE: 2022 X7, 2019 750i, 2016 M4 Competition, 2014 550i, 2008 335i, 2005 MINI Cooper S, 2002 X5 3.0, 1999 328i
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2023, 01:53 PM   #4
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitcom323 View Post
$185k for a used M5 Comp?! I can’t wait to see this…
Worth noting that it’s a super unique and rare Individual spec with literally all US options checked, as well as options that almost all US cars don’t have, and that it was delivered to him a few months ago that had a sticker slightly higher than that. He’s not asking for a $50K premium on a $135K car.

EDIT — IIRC it has full PPF, too.

How easy is it to sell something this unique with a very atypical color scheme? That’s another question. But the pricing isn’t way off.
      09-15-2023, 04:30 PM   #5
Genius
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: AW F90 M5C, e39 M5, E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Worth noting that it’s a super unique and rare Individual spec with literally all US options checked, as well as options that almost all US cars don’t have, and that it was delivered to him less than a few months ago that had a sticker slightly higher than that. He’s not asking for a $50K premium on a $135K car.

EDIT — IIRC it has full PPF, too.

How easy is it to sell something this unique with a very atypical color scheme? That’s another question. But the pricing isn’t way off.
Umm…ok
Appreciate 1
isenc2146.50
      09-15-2023, 04:42 PM   #6
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius View Post
Umm…ok
Not sure what your comment is about. Care to elaborate?

This isn’t my car and I have no skin in the game. Everything above my edit are just facts that I was merely stating in the context of the asking price.

It’s not anything I would ever personally buy, but I don’t think his pricing is way off if you’re familiar with the spec. I think he spent $16K on that interior alone.

Again, will he get that price? Tough. He’d really have to find someone that appreciated the extent of the build and the color combo. But I don’t think it’s too far off base to start with. I’m fully aware new cars depreciate the second they drive off the lot, but I think the typical dealer lot car color combos take more of a hit than this, and there is more value in this car to a (perhaps tough to find) buyer that appreciates it. I can also appreciate the argument that having the color combo devalues it more, but this is all subjective depending on the buyer/interested party.
      09-15-2023, 06:10 PM   #7
carseatsm5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Would like to see this car but don’t have Facebook.
Appreciate 1
EPTXM577.50
      09-15-2023, 06:22 PM   #8
Rafichicago
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 2009 E63AMG Wagon

I’ve seen photos and remember that very unique car. Probably not apples to apples but I would say it will be extremely hard to move over M5CS price…
Good luck to seller. Beautiful car.
Appreciate 6
micvite1540.00
PokGuy289.00
EPTXM577.50
isenc2146.50
      09-15-2023, 07:07 PM   #9
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by carseatsm5 View Post
Would like to see this car but don’t have Facebook.
https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2022108

EDIT — Just saw that photos were added.
      09-15-2023, 10:05 PM   #10
sitcom323
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘23 i7 xDrive60

All respect due to OP for checking every box on his dream car but this is prob 85k over fair market value. No one will pay retail for any of these options. I’ll be watching….

GONE: 2022 X7, 2019 750i, 2016 M4 Competition, 2014 550i, 2008 335i, 2005 MINI Cooper S, 2002 X5 3.0, 1999 328i
Appreciate 2
isenc2146.50
      09-15-2023, 10:17 PM   #11
will0621
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M5c, 20 X3MC, 20 X5 40i

Quote:
All respect due to OP for checking every box on his dream car but this is prob 85k over fair market value. No one will pay retail for any of these options. I’ll be watching….
I agree no one would pay retail for custom options but 85k over is laughable. A low mileage 2023 m5c with basic options is not at 100k right now
Appreciate 2
      09-15-2023, 10:52 PM   #12
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
I have to partially agree. Although it's a beautiful car, stunning, and has all the good stuff. Its unique, awesome, and a lot of people will love it...

But, this is exactly why it's tough to get the value out of the individual paint and interior schemes. Because the people that don't love it wont. Where as someone who would prefer "white" may settle for "silver", I wanted a Arabian gray G63 when I bought it, couldn't find one in my budget so I settled for graphite metallic. But I would NOT have settled at any price for say.... Green (just an example)

Also, theres actually a scientific and data driven reason its tough to get the $ out of an individual car on the secondary used market.

While I don't think it's $85,000.00 over priced, it is at least 40-60k over priced.

The reason being is banks, dealers and insurance companies. Banks use book values to issue loans. Auctions and dealers base value on previous similar models sold. Which is what book values are. There are algorithms as well that these valuations are based on. And cars dealers want are the cars that appeal to the masses. Book values do not add value for colors and options like this, it's usually a deduction in reality (at least for the color). Auction values do change a little for color, but it's minimal. Like 200.00, 500.00, maybe 1000.00? And why are the book values important? Loan to value ratio. When the car is NEW banks use MSRP as the guide to base the loan to value ratio on. So they just look at the build sheet and MSRP associated. That doesn't exist in the secondary market. It's going to be based on the aggregate of all the M5s that have sold that are similar age and options. They'll add for things like CCB, or premium wheels, BW sound system. Stuff like that. They will not give you a box to check on laser head lights, and individual color schemes, or carbon accessories etc.

Dealers actually will only weigh their risk on how long the car will sit on the lot. Because they know theyre working with a certain demographic and buyer pool. So here lies the problem... The M5 buyer pool is already small (compared to say an X5), then its shrunk down a little for people who can afford a 2023. Then its shrunk down more by people with that budget who would pick a used car over a new at a 50-60k premium. Color or not, most people are not going to pay MORE for a used car than a new one. Unless you absolutely can not find a 2023 M5 Comp. Then the supply will drive prices up, like what happened in 2021, 2022, or unique rare CARS. I don't mean rare colors and rare options. M5s are unique and rare compared to a Camry, but I mean like a 911 GT2, GT3, 911TS, MB G63 etc, or other cars that historically are very low production and impossible to get an allocation. Thats not the case right now with M5s. There are 2023 new and used out there. WAY less $$. Like a lot less. So you have a tiny fraction of a buyer pool you would normally have on an already small buyer pool. Then add that to the fact that banks wont loan on it with out a massive down payment, now you're looking for someone who will pay cash, or at least put a massive down payment down, like 50-75k down just to get approved for the loan. There is people out there of course who can pay for it. But i'm just speaking like a dealer would think. And they want to appeal to the BIGGEST buyer pool they can. Which is why you see a lot of gray, white, black , silver cars. Because thats what the market dictates, and thats what sells. Not so say this isnt a sick color and someone will want it for sure. The dealers don't see it that way, and neither do banks. Unique bold colors unfortunately spell "old age" to dealers and banks, meaning where they try to turn a car in 30-60-90 days, they'll assume this will sit for 90-120-150 days at least, maybe a year. All the while the car is decreasing in value because it's used. It may sell immediately but no dealer will take that gamble, unless it's a "good deal" and at 185k asking price, that not a good deal. For anyone. That doesnt mean it isnt a SICK car.

As far as insurance companies go... anyone who would buy that would get absolutely annihilated if they were to total it. The insurance company would pay out what they pay out for a similar car on the market, or valuation. It would be a fraction of 185k they would pay out. Even gap insurance has a limit to what they'll pay out, and you usually have to have a loan for gap insurance to even be an option.

Unfortunately there is very little value to individual colors. Except to that "individual" who ordered it. UNLESS you find the unicorn person who wants exactly that car, and has enough money to pay that for it.

Youre going to have to take a hard look at what other 2023 used are selling for, and deduct/add value from there based on the options you have that are value adds. Like the CCBs, or the certain packages. You wont be able to add much for the color. if at all. Things like the laser lights. no one will pay for those. you'd be better off selling all the bits and pieces separately here in the classifieds , then sell the car. Like trade/remove the laser lights if you can and swap to standard. Pull all the carbon bits, and other accessories to re-coup your $.

Here is recent Manheim transactions for 2023 M5. You can try to add a little for some of the stuff, but wholesale is going to be similar to these prices, maybe add 5k. But for example on auto trader... 2023 used are selling for 115-120K, new are 120-130k max. Maybe you could get a little more than that. MAYBE. Doubtful though unfortunately. It will take a very specific buyer that LOVES that car to achieve anything over 125k in my opinion. Wholesale/trade in, you're looking at 95-110k max, sorry to say.

Basically on your build sheet you can see the items in BOLD that are highlighted options, those are the value adds. Those items will dictate the book value and loan to value. Everything else is either included, or not a value add on the car, so those costs are for the most part gone on the secondary market. The 1,000.00 gas guzzler tax no one will pay for. So there's a 1000.00 there. To a bank and dealer, All the carbon stuff will bring zero value. The exhaust zero value. The individual colors, no value, or very little. So you're much better off sourcing standard stuff and yanking that. Like pull the MPE exhaust buy a regular one from here and put it on there. Pull the carbon things if possible. Like the exhaust, maybe you could re-coup 5-6k there. Maybe 5-6k for all the carbon stuff. Maybe. The stuff certain has value, but not to a dealer, and not to a bank. Which I know you're trying to sell and not trade in, but ive already explained why the dealers and banks opinions are important, and thats loan to value.

Quick math I did theres like 22-25,000.00 in carbon and M performance stuff on it. Pull as much of that as you can and sell.

-Theres 1,000.00 gas guzzler tax you're trying to re-coup thats not going to happen.
-Theres 995.00 destination your'e trying to re-coup. Thats not going to happen.
-M drivers package brings zero value.
-Laser headlights while theyre bad ass, zero value unless someone wanted to buy them and trade you.
-money spent on PPF or ceramic coatings etc. Unfortunately worthless, or worth a tiny fraction of what you paid. and it has to be worth even that small amount of $ to that buyer. Most don't care, it's a bonus, but most wont pay extra for it used, or very little.

A lot of other things that are not value adds on there you simply will not ever get your money back from unfortunately.

Unfortunately as sad as it is to say it, THIS was the car you should have totaled. It would be a travesty, as it's SICK, but that would have been best case to get as much $ back as you could get. And if the car does magically get totaled, make sure you delete and eliminate any record of trying to sell it LMAO.

Sick car though for sure.
Attached Images

Last edited by jnotrom711; 09-15-2023 at 11:26 PM..
Appreciate 8
      09-16-2023, 12:57 AM   #13
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnotrom711 View Post
I have to partially agree. Although it's a beautiful car, stunning, and has all the good stuff. Its unique, awesome, and a lot of people will love it...

But, this is exactly why it's tough to get the value out of the individual paint and interior schemes. Because the people that don't love it wont. Where as someone who would prefer "white" may settle for "silver", I wanted a Arabian gray G63 when I bought it, couldn't find one in my budget so I settled for graphite metallic. But I would NOT have settled at any price for say.... Green (just an example)

Also, theres actually a scientific and data driven reason its tough to get the $ out of an individual car on the secondary used market.

While I don't think it's $85,000.00 over priced, it is at least 40-60k over priced.

The reason being is banks, dealers and insurance companies. Banks use book values to issue loans. Auctions and dealers base value on previous similar models sold. Which is what book values are. There are algorithms as well that these valuations are based on. And cars dealers want are the cars that appeal to the masses. Book values do not add value for colors and options like this, it's usually a deduction in reality (at least for the color). Auction values do change a little for color, but it's minimal. Like 200.00, 500.00, maybe 1000.00? And why are the book values important? Loan to value ratio. When the car is NEW banks use MSRP as the guide to base the loan to value ratio on. So they just look at the build sheet and MSRP associated. That doesn't exist in the secondary market. It's [...]
You make a lot of good points here about the used car market, dealers, insurance companies, and banks. And especially on the LTV issue. I think you’re spot on here in regard to all of that.

I was thinking this is the kind of car that could do well in the pages of DuPont Registry and the like, where it may attract the (rare) buyer we’re all talking about to get closer to asking price and to pay cash. OP could circumvent a lot of the points that have been raised by going with the that type of (again, admittedly hard to find) buyer if he wanted to dispossess himself of the car in one fell swoop.
      09-16-2023, 07:05 AM   #14
NoMods
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5

Garage List
2022 M5  [10.00]
GLWS as that is a very unique car loaded to the gills
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2023, 07:53 AM   #15
Cam330i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:

Hellooo

This is truly a unique vehicle! I had no idea that Laser lights were available on an M5 in the U.S. - taking a look at the pricing guide and the laser lights are nowhere to be seen! lol

Good luck with sales - if I was BMW I would've bought that car back from you and put it in a museum or use it for promos! lmao

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2023, 10:21 AM   #16
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
You make a lot of good points here about the used car market, dealers, insurance companies, and banks. And especially on the LTV issue. I think you’re spot on here in regard to all of that.

I was thinking this is the kind of car that could do well in the pages of DuPont Registry and the like, where it may attract the (rare) buyer we’re all talking about to get closer to asking price and to pay cash. OP could circumvent a lot of the points that have been raised by going with the that type of (again, admittedly hard to find) buyer if he wanted to dispossess himself of the car in one fell swoop.

Yes I think a non traditional method of selling may be an avenue to try. Like Bring a trailer or DuPont or something else. But I honestly don’t think it’ll change things that much. Maybe though if he was able to reach a very special buyer. Only reason being the car is still for sale at dealers it’s not a limited production rare vehicle or edition (like a CS), those sites usually do better on cars you can’t get new anymore. I know you can’t order new one anymore, but you can still buy new which sets the valuation. But for a car like this getting as many eyes on it as humanly possible is the only way I would see to recoup as much $ as possible. Even then the cost associated with advertising it or the selling fees may make it not worth it. It could also take a year or more. And it’ll get even worse when the new one is available. Even if everyone hates the new one and everyone wants an f90 it won’t drive the prices up that high. Or park the thing sealed and covered and come back to it in 10-20 years and maybe it’s more of a collector item then, and at the rate we’re at 185k will be the same as 60k today 😂. If OP is looking for quick sale it’ll have to be priced much more aggressively. Like @115-125k max.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2023, 11:03 AM   #17
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Forgot to add, another main reason it won’t bring this much $….

Could someone buy a brand new m5 and add all those m performance bits? And still be substantially cheaper? Yes.

Could easily find a new 2023 m5 comp with very similar spec and source all the carbon fiber bits for cheaper. Bmw charged op about 22-24000.00 for all that stuff. I’m sure one found source all of it for 1/2 that cost. But even if you couldn’t, I could buy a brand new m5 for 120k and add all that stuff and still be 40-50k ahead. And if the color was a big thing I still have 40-50k to wrap it or paint it. Not that I would. But you could if the color was that important. Only thing you maybe couldn’t replicate would be the interior color. But even then you may be able to get close and still save a substantial amount of money.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2023, 11:20 AM   #18
logicators
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

BAT or Cars and Bids are worth trying. GLWS OP, you have great taste!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2023, 07:20 PM   #19
carseatsm5
Lieutenant
Rep

OP why are you selling?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2023, 07:49 PM   #20
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by carseatsm5 View Post
OP why are you selling?
Personal issue, most likely leaving the country permanently. If it doesn't sell I'll just let them repo it since it doesn't really matter anymore lol
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2023, 08:05 PM   #21
carseatsm5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Personal issue, most likely leaving the country permanently. If it doesn't sell I'll just let them repo it since it doesn't really matter anymore lol
BMW send a hitman over those lasers?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2023, 08:05 PM   #22
NoMods
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5

Garage List
2022 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Are you getting deported?
Appreciate 1
Maverik2594140.00