BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Dyno results for Noelle Tune

04-07-2020, 05:42 PM   #89
JBA87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5

I think that's a pretty impressive stage 1 run actually
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 06:00 PM   #90
ss_m5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Compitition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBA87 View Post
To compare this was the best I could do on BM3 Stage 1. It could probably get a little better I wasn't on it long.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      04-07-2020, 06:02 PM   #91
mr_dennis_s
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBA87 View Post

Thanks man. I will say it feels awesome. I know I am leaving power on the table by not going stage 2 but it has definitely put a huge smile on my face.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 08:00 PM   #92
Hockeytyme
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_dennis_s View Post
I said I wouldnt post until I had some results to share. Well I got the tune yesterday as I said I would. I made sure to get a couple 60-130 runs in before the tune so I would have a good baseline. I was hoping to just get out of the 7's. I have only been able to make two runs since picking up the car. I am not even sure if car has completely adapted yet but wanted to get these results to you guys. limeypride Hockeytyme you guys were right didnt quite make it to mid 6 seconds but I am definitely impressed with the performance for not having to do intakes and catless downpipes. I have probably already typed way more than Limey will read but oh well. I will say from a subjective point of view it definitely feels a lot faster but I know you guys only want to see objective results so here they are...

Yesterday morning dropping it off:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QzkfKSF343ZA89cD7

Stock Runs:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/a5hTFULRz2EJVRcV9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AuFUQHk4UcaXoqVd8

Noelle Runs

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KM3VsNBFzUJuNg6J7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VQeGgoJP5N1FGxfD6

Thanks for taking the plunge and posting numbers. Although they are about normal stage1 numbers from most tuners.

The part that we have all had a problem with Noelle isn't that they can put up a decent stage1 number it's that they are claiming a car that does a 2.2 0-60, 850hp, and so on. Those numbers would blow away any stage 2 car out there including mine.

Of course adding a downpipes will help a tiny bit but not if you aren't tuned for it. Also, keep in mind that my car doesn't have a TCU tune which your can is able to take advantage of that is saving you some time as well.

Nothing against you personally. But, these numbers only prove exactly what we have said all along. Noelle's numbers are fake, the tunes are very average even for a stage 1 and definitely not mind blowing stage 2/3 numbers that they claim.

For all that money you get a supposed warranty and someone like limeypride can just get a JB4 for 800 bucks and run a 10.3 on a totally stock car and keep his warranty as well. These Noelle tunes will be lucky to get a 10.7

Thanks again for posting and be safe!!
IG: @hockeytyme All runs on street with no prep on 21 inch wheels and PS4S tires
Appreciate 1
limeypride4425.00
      04-11-2020, 08:16 PM   #93
JBA87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5

So I was able to run some back to back runs on different setups

Stock w downpipes: 7.94 93 octane (full tank)
Jb4 map 1 w downpipes: 7.45 93 octane (full tank)
jB4 Map 2 w downpipes: 7.33 93 octane (full tank)
Jb4 map 2 w downpipeS: 6.99 3/4 tank 93 + 2.1 gallon e85 (5psi above stock)
hCP stage 2 93 octane - 7.24 (hot day)
Evolve Stage 2 93 octane - 6.86
DMe stage 2 93 octane - 6.74
DME stage 2 w jb4 - 6.4 (half tank 93 + 2 gallon e85)

This is probably the best evidence I have for times. Same car

Limey what boost are you targeting in map 6? Can You share your boos targets, boost safety and other customized settings ... I'll replicate and add to the list
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 05:39 PM   #94
Carbonless
Rep
Drives: BMW M5; Ferrari 458; Cayenne

I was about to get a Noelle tune on my M5 after reading the articles about it and, importantly, that it maintains warranty coverage since this is my daily driver (I have a Ferrari to do my toying around). I generally mod most of my vehicles since I track my vehicles and I'm a long-time street motorcycle racer and overall speed fan. However, this is the first car I've ever leased - due mostly to the fact that I do a lot of traveling for work driving clients around and need a nice sedan and can write off a Lease on my business much easier than a purchase.

However, after seeing this post (among others) I'm reluctant to move forward with my appointment to get the Noelle tune done. I've read recently that BMW is now checking to see whether ECU has been flashed as well as whether data has exceeded max limits set on stock ECU. This looks to open up a pandora's box by violating terms of my lease and voiding warranty.

Does anyone have a straight answer about whether I am SOL if I tune my M5 with Noelle (or any of the other options JB4/etc.). I'm in California and doing any downpipes is out of the question due to emissions regs. If I can't tune then it seems like my only option is to do cat-back exhaust and the HP increase seems minimal while creating a less-desirable everyday-driving sound. I don't mind a loud exhaust when I'm hauling ass tooling in the twisties or at the track, but I don't want an obnoxious exhaust note when cruising long distances.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 05:58 PM   #95
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonless View Post
I was about to get a Noelle tune on my M5 after reading the articles about it and, importantly, that it maintains warranty coverage since this is my daily driver (I have a Ferrari to do my toying around). I generally mod most of my vehicles since I track my vehicles and I'm a long-time street motorcycle racer and overall speed fan. However, this is the first car I've ever leased - due mostly to the fact that I do a lot of traveling for work driving clients around and need a nice sedan and can write off a Lease on my business much easier than a purchase.

However, after seeing this post (among others) I'm reluctant to move forward with my appointment to get the Noelle tune done. I've read recently that BMW is now checking to see whether ECU has been flashed as well as whether data has exceeded max limits set on stock ECU. This looks to open up a pandora's box by violating terms of my lease and voiding warranty.

Does anyone have a straight answer about whether I am SOL if I tune my M5 with Noelle (or any of the other options JB4/etc.). I'm in California and doing any downpipes is out of the question due to emissions regs. If I can't tune then it seems like my only option is to do cat-back exhaust and the HP increase seems minimal while creating a less-desirable everyday-driving sound. I don't mind a loud exhaust when I'm hauling ass tooling in the twisties or at the track, but I don't want an obnoxious exhaust note when cruising long distances.
If you tune it--ECU or piggyback--and BMW detect it, any related warranty claim will likely end up with you... or with your tuning company but I've no real experience trying to make that work. Both types of tune can be detected.

Note also that these warranty claims don't preserve your BMW warranty, they accept liability for related damages--that's soooooo not the same thing.

Unrelated warranty claims are typically a non-issue (I only say typically because I don't represent the entire BMW customer base but I know of no drivetrain-unrelated warranty concerns resulting from tuning).

Easy tune: JB4 == lots of power gain; lost of customization but it won't do anything to make your car louder. ECU tunes can.

Try a CF intake to amplify turbo whoosh.

Don't get the Noelle tune--there's little to no supporting conclusive data out there that I've seen but lots of opposing evidence.

Last edited by limeypride; 09-01-2020 at 06:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 06:47 PM   #96
mr_dennis_s
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M5C

If there is anyone in the a MA,RI, CT area with a stage 1/2 tune I would love to do some pulls against you in my M5 with Noelle tune. If I had to do it over again... I would! I have put almost 7000 miles my car with the tune and my biggest issue was unrelated to the tune (bad gas at a track day). I am loving every bit of it. My buddy has a 488 GTB I stay right with him when we go out on cruises.

I know there are faster 60-130 dragy times (pump gas) than my dragy above but I would be down to get some real world data side by side

Last edited by mr_dennis_s; 09-01-2020 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 3
      09-01-2020, 07:39 PM   #97
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_dennis_s View Post
If there is anyone in the a MA,RI, CT area with a stage 1/2 tune I would love to do some pulls against you in my M5 with Noelle tune. If I had to do it over again... I would! I have put almost 7000 miles my car with the tune and my biggest issue was unrelated to the tune (bad gas at a track day). I am loving every bit of it. My buddy has a 488 GTB I stay right with him when we go out on cruises.

I know there are faster 60-130 dragy times (pump gas) than my dragy above but I would be down to get some real world data side by side
When I said 'little'—Mr Dennis here is all of it. He/she does seem to have credible data and appears to be a credible individual. Who knows... but why only one?
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00
      09-05-2020, 06:24 AM   #98
Peterglen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c 2019 M3cs

I think the main reason I myself purchased the Noelle tune is warranty purposes.

I love the tune, car feels night and day difference in power and responsiveness, and way smoother then JB4 or BM3 OTS tunes I’ve tried.

It was well worth the investment for me as I’m not looking to be the drag king of Virginia or anything.

My car is M2C, but it’s still faster from a roll then my cousins stock m8C... good enough for me
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2020, 02:56 PM   #99
Demon Barber
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5, 2022 911 Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterglen View Post
I think the main reason I myself purchased the Noelle tune is warranty purposes.

I love the tune, car feels night and day difference in power and responsiveness, and way smoother then JB4 or BM3 OTS tunes I’ve tried.

It was well worth the investment for me as I’m not looking to be the drag king of Virginia or anything.

My car is M2C, but it’s still faster from a roll then my cousins stock m8C... good enough for me
I look forward to limey's response to this one, but as a long time lurker looking at the claims Noelle has made along with their pitiful data to support it, expecting any substantial Noelle reimbursement if your engine grenades is naive. Also a Noelle tuned M2C faster from a roll than a stock M8 comp.... that's a stretch.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2020, 03:01 PM   #100
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Barber View Post
I look forward to limey's response to this one, but as a long time lurker looking at the claims Noelle has made along with their pitiful data to support it, expecting any substantial Noelle reimbursement if your engine grenades is naive. Also a Noelle tuned M2C faster from a roll than a stock M8 comp.... that's a stretch.
I decided to ignore it--more assertions, no data.

Who knows--it's possible given the weight advantage I suppose but, like you, I'm skeptical.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00
      09-05-2020, 03:28 PM   #101
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
I decided to ignore it--more assertions, no data.

Who knows--it's possible given the weight advantage I suppose but, like you, I'm skeptical.
Since you are very knowledgeable with Microsoft Windows.
Maybe you can make dyno sheet from Paint??

Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2020, 03:45 PM   #102
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Since you are very knowledgeable with Microsoft Windows.
Maybe you can make dyno sheet from Paint??

Here's my most recent pull:

Name:  Legit Dyno.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  266.9 KB
Appreciate 6
r33_RGSport12971.00
Neptune71432.50
pz6193278.50
GTATX1105.00
      09-05-2020, 06:20 PM   #103
Peterglen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It’s not a stretch at all... my car is 800lbs lighter and I’m making 530whp on 93 almost 560 with 3 gal of e30 mixed in. I’m not putting bus lengths on him or anything, but at least 1-2 length up to about 140 or so... in Mexico of course.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2020, 06:57 PM   #104
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It’s not a stretch at all... my car is 800lbs lighter and I’m making 530whp on 93 almost 560 with 3 gal of e30 mixed in. I’m not putting bus lengths on him or anything, but at least 1-2 length up to about 140 or so... in Mexico of course.
You most certainly do have the weight advantage. What's your setup--ECU and bolt-ons or...?

Do you have Dragy numbers of your 60-130?

PS: what was the dyno you got those numbers on--Mustang, Dynojet, etc.?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2020, 07:52 PM   #105
Demon Barber
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5, 2022 911 Turbo S

Quote:
I'm glad it's working well for you and I hope they honor their warranty if you ever need it. Even with the weight difference, the S63 has monster torque well above what is claimed from BMW, and that's making it hard to picture. Dragy 60-130 time would be the way to show what that Noelle tune is really doing.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2020, 12:41 AM   #106
Peterglen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
You most certainly do have the weight advantage. What's your setup--ECU and bolt-ons or...?

Do you have Dragy numbers of your 60-130?

PS: what was the dyno you got those numbers on--Mustang, Dynojet, etc.?
Just tune and cat back exhaust currently.

Dyno was done on a mustang with some very intense air flow into the intakes.

From what I’ve gathered, it seems the Noelle safety limitations won’t allow the car to make power unless it’s receiving really high volume air flow. In my case we did several runs, and upped the flow as we went on, until it was maxed out, the numbers kept getting higher. I’m talking almost 15k big power fans, not those little ones you see in most dyno shops.

I’ve roll raced a few FBO F80/82 both JB4 and BM3 OTS maps and one custom f80 Paul tune on a fbo f80. I am even with them, if not slightly pulling on the fBO OTS map cars as well as the jb4 car.

More importantly. The power is more linear and the car’s responsiveness is on the next level from any tune I’ve ever felt. I only had a couple others, but it is remarkable to me personally.

I will get a dragy. It does sound like fun.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2020, 12:49 AM   #107
Peterglen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm glad it's working well for you and I hope they honor their warranty if you ever need it. Even with the weight difference, the S63 has monster torque well above what is claimed from BMW, and that's making it hard to picture. Dragy 60-130 time would be the way to show what that Noelle tune is really doing.
I mean from a dig it’s not even a competition(no pun intended), and I promise you no one was more surprised than me when we first did a 40 roll and we we’re even. Then a 60, and I was pulling on him a bit.

Personally from sitting in his passenger seat his car feels faster to me. But when I’m in my passenger seat driving against him, the result is plain as day.

He’s tuning his in a few weeks. So I won’t be able to say I can beat him for much longer lol
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 09:10 PM   #108
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Just tune and cat back exhaust currently.

Dyno was done on a mustang with some very intense air flow into the intakes.

From what I’ve gathered, it seems the Noelle safety limitations won’t allow the car to make power unless it’s receiving really high volume air flow. In my case we did several runs, and upped the flow as we went on, until it was maxed out, the numbers kept getting higher. I’m talking almost 15k big power fans, not those little ones you see in most dyno shops.

I’ve roll raced a few FBO F80/82 both JB4 and BM3 OTS maps and one custom f80 Paul tune on a fbo f80. I am even with them, if not slightly pulling on the fBO OTS map cars as well as the jb4 car.

More importantly. The power is more linear and the car’s responsiveness is on the next level from any tune I’ve ever felt. I only had a couple others, but it is remarkable to me personally.

I will get a dragy. It does sound like fun.
Could you post the dyno for us when you get a moment?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 09:59 AM   #109
LPHanf
Blue M240i Convert
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i Convert

Noelle tune

Did you ever get the Noelle tune? If so, what was your subjective conclusion?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2023, 10:28 AM   #110
wrecklesswun
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

If there is anyone in Atlanta, i'd be more than happy to Draggy etc with Noelle tune. PM ME
Appreciate 0