BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 vs...    F90 Vs Huracan - Jan 2019

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-24-2019, 02:28 PM   #23
daddymalu
First Lieutenant
87
Rep
339
Posts

Drives: M5
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: FLORIDA

iTrader: (0)

Excellent write up....
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 06:15 PM   #24
soooma
///MD
soooma's Avatar
United_States
628
Rep
3,263
Posts

Drives: M5 F90
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
I am very interested in Vic's assessment of the NSX...I have been watching this car. There is talk of an R. Some of my friends say its awesome. Reviews have been mixed. I trust those who have driven it - versus opinion.
Phatcat soooma

So I have had the NSX since Oct of 2018... I purposely have not posted much about it so I can clear out any favorable placebo events that so many have when he or she first get a car. It clearly was a "Im bored" acquisition but I did do some research and 3 extended test drives.

Is the NSX a great 180k msrp car? Not at all but its got some worthiness based on the market and what it does for me in the 130-140k new cost range. Some thoughts:

* Its a good launching car, it grips well off the dig even with the shit Contis. Its not going to out trap a stock or tuned M5 but this car is not your straightline racer per se. Will the car still rip to 120 plus- sure but the 3 electric motors shut down at that point and you are all motor (500hp motor and 80 or so hp electric). Whats best about this car is the response with the motors. From a dig its like a baby tesla with immediate tq and then going into and out of turns under 100; the car just responds. A measurement probably not much used but I enjoy is the 30 to 100 number and I feel this car shines here. The throttle response is incredibly fast for a turbo car and the electric engines dial in the response. Its definitely a niche segment but it works. From a performance perspective it does a lot of things good and a few things great.

* It has the mag ride which I love and its really comfortable. The seats lack multi adjustments but they are still very good and I have no issues on longer drives. The visibility in the cabin is excellent; its worlds ahead of the Huracan and better than my R8/GTS/GTS PCar. It really allows for a great line of sight. The steering isnt 991 good but it nots heavy in understeer and does a pretty good job mating up with the chassis and suspension. It drives solid and can definitely be used as a daily although I would not pick the car for such usage.

* The exhaust is weak. I knew this going in and have replaced the highly restrictive 600 cell count dp's with 100 cells. The gain in sound is amazing and the car sounds like it should from the factory based on the price and looks. Its an easy fix.

* The interior looks nice but the infotainment is archaic. Its like they adopted the 2014 Acura NAV and processor speeds. Thankfully I didnt buy the car for this. As I mentioned the seats, while lacking some finer tuning adjustments, are very very comfortable.

* I like the looks, its not like much out there. Its different and wide. Next to my 991.2 GTS its wider and more aggressive front to rear. I dont have problems with the lower front cowl where I live but I can see where some would rub/scrape the front fascia. A lifter would indeed help like I had my Huracan and 991.1 GT3. It has some wide swinging side mirrors that cover all the blind spots but do not electronically fold and I have to be careful when pulling it in the garage.

I have the V10 R8 and its tuned, arguably faster than the Plus, but I get the mag ride and the V10 song; its an amazing car and the every day Huracan IMHO. I also have the other cars to complete what I like in personal preferences. The NSX compliments what I have right now and getting 30k plus off msrp makes it an acquirable taste. Once I did the exhaust it was a different beast. Its at my shop now getting a piggy back tune on the motor part and we shall see where it goes and how much faster.

Its still a formidable car from a roll and really is aggressive in those mid range up and down speeds (30 to 120). Will it be a quarter mile champ, hell no. Will it crush in the half mile- no f'in way but Im enjoying the very attractive blend of looks, modified sound, and true driveability.

As you know Brooks posts legit races and this one caught my eye pre buy:



and my car:

[img]https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...abdde16277.jpg[/img]
[img]https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...2f47f2eeb7.jpg[/img]
[img]https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...4793cc1249.jpg[/img]
[img]https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...109d4436f5.jpg[/img]

after the 100 cells

It destroyed the Lambo! And you said that it won't do the same to M5 F90?


Also excellent take in the NSX, been waiting for your review of this car, I love the front, not so much the rear or interior! But it's a a Honda Statement for sure!
__________________
Life is too short even if you live to be a 100!!
As what really counts is the few moments we are really happy and excited!
-Kids, Family, Success, Career, Helping others stand on their feet, Travel, Seeking the truth, Reading, Hobbies eg M5 -
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 06:19 PM   #25
Vic55
Brigadier General
Vic55's Avatar
1494
Rep
4,450
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi R8 V10
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: THE Orange County

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
It destroyed the Lambo! And you said that it won't do the same to M5 F90?


Also excellent take in the NSX, been waiting for your review of this car, I love the front, not so much the rear or interior! But it's a a Honda Statement for sure!
I just dont see it trapping 127-129 but its a formidable stock AWD roller racer in the real world that needs an exhaust.

Its a Honda statement because .... its a HONDA (everywhere outside of the US).
__________________
2018 BMW M5 First Edition
2018 Porsche GTS Cabriolet Carmine Red
2017 Audi R8 V10 Suzuka Gray
2016 AMG GTS Edition 1 Selenite Grey
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1
soooma628.00

      01-24-2019, 06:23 PM   #26
GhostyM
Major
GhostyM's Avatar
United_States
287
Rep
1,381
Posts

Drives: plenty
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
I just dont see it trapping 127-129 but its a formidable stock AWD roller racer in the real world that needs an exhaust.

Its a Honda statement because .... its a HONDA (everywhere outside of the US).
Agreed 100%.

I took the NSX to the track and ran a 11.0-11.1 consistently at 124-125mph traps (sea level track as well).
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 11:39 PM   #27
vtknight
Captain
vtknight's Avatar
663
Rep
822
Posts

Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Phatcat soooma

So I have had the NSX since Oct of 2018... I purposely have not posted much about it so I can clear out any favorable placebo events that so many have when he or she first get a car. It clearly was a "Im bored" acquisition but I did do some research and 3 extended test drives.

Is the NSX a great 180k msrp car? Not at all but its got some worthiness based on the market and what it does for me in the 130-140k new cost range. Some thoughts:

* Its a good launching car, it grips well off the dig even with the shit Contis. Its not going to out trap a stock or tuned M5 but this car is not your straightline racer per se. Will the car still rip to 120 plus- sure but the 3 electric motors shut down at that point and you are all motor (500hp motor and 80 or so hp electric). Whats best about this car is the response with the motors. From a dig its like a baby tesla with immediate tq and then going into and out of turns under 100; the car just responds. A measurement probably not much used but I enjoy is the 30 to 100 number and I feel this car shines here. The throttle response is incredibly fast for a turbo car and the electric engines dial in the response. Its definitely a niche segment but it works. From a performance perspective it does a lot of things good and a few things great.

* It has the mag ride which I love and its really comfortable. The seats lack multi adjustments but they are still very good and I have no issues on longer drives. The visibility in the cabin is excellent; its worlds ahead of the Huracan and better than my R8/GTS/GTS PCar. It really allows for a great line of sight. The steering isnt 991 good but it nots heavy in understeer and does a pretty good job mating up with the chassis and suspension. It drives solid and can definitely be used as a daily although I would not pick the car for such usage.

* The exhaust is weak. I knew this going in and have replaced the highly restrictive 600 cell count dp's with 100 cells. The gain in sound is amazing and the car sounds like it should from the factory based on the price and looks. Its an easy fix.

* The interior looks nice but the infotainment is archaic. Its like they adopted the 2014 Acura NAV and processor speeds. Thankfully I didnt buy the car for this. As I mentioned the seats, while lacking some finer tuning adjustments, are very very comfortable.

* I like the looks, its not like much out there. Its different and wide. Next to my 991.2 GTS its wider and more aggressive front to rear. I dont have problems with the lower front cowl where I live but I can see where some would rub/scrape the front fascia. A lifter would indeed help like I had my Huracan and 991.1 GT3. It has some wide swinging side mirrors that cover all the blind spots but do not electronically fold and I have to be careful when pulling it in the garage.

I have the V10 R8 and its tuned, arguably faster than the Plus, but I get the mag ride and the V10 song; its an amazing car and the every day Huracan IMHO. I also have the other cars to complete what I like in personal preferences. The NSX compliments what I have right now and getting 30k plus off msrp makes it an acquirable taste. Once I did the exhaust it was a different beast. Its at my shop now getting a piggy back tune on the motor part and we shall see where it goes and how much faster.

Its still a formidable car from a roll and really is aggressive in those mid range up and down speeds (30 to 120). Will it be a quarter mile champ, hell no. Will it crush in the half mile- no f'in way but Im enjoying the very attractive blend of looks, modified sound, and true driveability.

As you know Brooks posts legit races and this one caught my eye pre buy:



and my car:






after the 100 cells

What can I say? Amazing, detailed review. Thank-you for the effort. I am surprised you can piggy the tune on the motor without worrying about the electric motors. Hybrids have always scared me away because of the electric motor witchcraft.

There is talk of an R version - which would be cool - so I will keep an eye on it. Your exhaust note is night and day - and I agree - that is how is should be from factory. For the crazy msrp drop - it really is a no brainer - and seems like a fun car to drive.

I checked out Brooks' site and the car I saw in the 10's is tuned. He also has another video of the "worlds quickest NSX" running an 11.2 at 124 MPH. This video below shows it in the M5 CP range - 10.9's and 127+MPH. He touches the 10.8's (10.89 at 127.44 MPH). As a comparison I ran 10.93 at 129.5 MPH in my M5 CP on crappy Pirelli's.

So you are correct - straight line no - but a ton of compensating racing bits - more road course focused with that instant torque (which I can imagine on tight turns is very handy as you say). And again - for the price...

Appreciate 2
soooma628.00
Vic551494.00

      01-25-2019, 01:13 AM   #28
flaury23
Private First Class
50
Rep
114
Posts

Drives: 2014 M5
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
It destroyed the Lambo! And you said that it won't do the same to M5 F90?


Also excellent take in the NSX, been waiting for your review of this car, I love the front, not so much the rear or interior! But it's a a Honda Statement for sure!
I just dont see it trapping 127-129 but its a formidable stock AWD roller racer in the real world that needs an exhaust.

Its a Honda statement because .... its a HONDA (everywhere outside of the US).
Vic, I have the V10 plus.... It's an amazing compliment to my modded F90 M5.

What company did you use to tune your R8?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 11:26 AM   #29
Vic55
Brigadier General
Vic55's Avatar
1494
Rep
4,450
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi R8 V10
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: THE Orange County

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaury23 View Post
Vic, I have the V10 plus.... It's an amazing compliment to my modded F90 M5.

What company did you use to tune your R8?
VF Engineering in Anaheim; well known for the supercharger builds on Lambos and R8's. Its an obd2 tune and installs very fast. Now Ill say this, with the V10 Plus the gains are much less since you already have software to the 610 hp level.

I dont even know if they will tune a Plus as it wont be worth it. Their key move was finding out that that for all intensive purposes the gains from the non plus to plus was solely software (limitations applied to non plus). Its not a turbo engine so the gains are really not great but fortunately they found that there was something left in the non plus.
__________________
2018 BMW M5 First Edition
2018 Porsche GTS Cabriolet Carmine Red
2017 Audi R8 V10 Suzuka Gray
2016 AMG GTS Edition 1 Selenite Grey
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 11:35 AM   #30
Vic55
Brigadier General
Vic55's Avatar
1494
Rep
4,450
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi R8 V10
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: THE Orange County

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
So you are correct - straight line no - but a ton of compensating racing bits - more road course focused with that instant torque (which I can imagine on tight turns is very handy as you say). And again - for the price...
Yes this is pretty much the main benefits (that instant tq response) and a car that can do some straightline damage. That video is more indicative of what a 610 would do to the NSX via trap speed (NSX tuned in the vid). Ill update my thoughts on the tune when I pick it up Monday. I took a flyer on it without track tests but I think that car in the vid you posted was a piggy too. Fabspeed finally claims to have an ecu tune but its 4k or something crazy for the gains. Ill just do a quick plug and play.

There are deals to be had on them as the dealer network, advertising, and price points have never hit the mark.
__________________
2018 BMW M5 First Edition
2018 Porsche GTS Cabriolet Carmine Red
2017 Audi R8 V10 Suzuka Gray
2016 AMG GTS Edition 1 Selenite Grey
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black

Last edited by Vic55; 01-25-2019 at 01:34 PM.
Appreciate 1
vtknight662.50

      01-25-2019, 08:17 PM   #31
onfireX5
Brigadier General
1868
Rep
3,131
Posts

Drives: F90M5,F85X5M
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Va

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Phatcat soooma

So I have had the NSX since Oct of 2018... I purposely have not posted much about it so I can clear out any favorable placebo events that so many have when he or she first get a car. It clearly was a "Im bored" acquisition but I did do some research and 3 extended test drives.

Is the NSX a great 180k msrp car? Not at all but its got some worthiness based on the market and what it does for me in the 130-140k new cost range. Some thoughts:

* Its a good launching car, it grips well off the dig even with the shit Contis. Its not going to out trap a stock or tuned M5 but this car is not your straightline racer per se. Will the car still rip to 120 plus- sure but the 3 electric motors shut down at that point and you are all motor (500hp motor and 80 or so hp electric). Whats best about this car is the response with the motors. From a dig its like a baby tesla with immediate tq and then going into and out of turns under 100; the car just responds. A measurement probably not much used but I enjoy is the 30 to 100 number and I feel this car shines here. The throttle response is incredibly fast for a turbo car and the electric engines dial in the response. Its definitely a niche segment but it works. From a performance perspective it does a lot of things good and a few things great.

* It has the mag ride which I love and its really comfortable. The seats lack multi adjustments but they are still very good and I have no issues on longer drives. The visibility in the cabin is excellent; its worlds ahead of the Huracan and better than my R8/GTS/GTS PCar. It really allows for a great line of sight. The steering isnt 991 good but it nots heavy in understeer and does a pretty good job mating up with the chassis and suspension. It drives solid and can definitely be used as a daily although I would not pick the car for such usage.

* The exhaust is weak. I knew this going in and have replaced the highly restrictive 600 cell count dp's with 100 cells. The gain in sound is amazing and the car sounds like it should from the factory based on the price and looks. Its an easy fix.

* The interior looks nice but the infotainment is archaic. Its like they adopted the 2014 Acura NAV and processor speeds. Thankfully I didnt buy the car for this. As I mentioned the seats, while lacking some finer tuning adjustments, are very very comfortable.

* I like the looks, its not like much out there. Its different and wide. Next to my 991.2 GTS its wider and more aggressive front to rear. I dont have problems with the lower front cowl where I live but I can see where some would rub/scrape the front fascia. A lifter would indeed help like I had my Huracan and 991.1 GT3. It has some wide swinging side mirrors that cover all the blind spots but do not electronically fold and I have to be careful when pulling it in the garage.

I have the V10 R8 and its tuned, arguably faster than the Plus, but I get the mag ride and the V10 song; its an amazing car and the every day Huracan IMHO. I also have the other cars to complete what I like in personal preferences. The NSX compliments what I have right now and getting 30k plus off msrp makes it an acquirable taste. Once I did the exhaust it was a different beast. Its at my shop now getting a piggy back tune on the motor part and we shall see where it goes and how much faster.

Its still a formidable car from a roll and really is aggressive in those mid range up and down speeds (30 to 120). Will it be a quarter mile champ, hell no. Will it crush in the half mile- no f'in way but Im enjoying the very attractive blend of looks, modified sound, and true driveability.

As you know Brooks posts legit races and this one caught my eye pre buy:



and my car:






after the 100 cells

Very nice ! This one and a 720S was on my radar before I ordered the TTS. 720S is killer fast, but the dealer is 7 hours away, not comfortable for 6'3", plus it bring too much attention for me.
Just looking at Ingress, egress, cruising comfort, visibility , etc. how would you compare it to a 991 ?
Appreciate 2
soooma628.00
vtknight662.50

      01-25-2019, 10:31 PM   #32
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
560
Rep
1,666
Posts

Drives: BMW M5, X5M
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Asia

iTrader: (0)

Sounded like a great driver's car, which it should be, the original NSX was never fast in a straight line either.
Appreciate 1
soooma628.00

      01-26-2019, 12:22 PM   #33
Vic55
Brigadier General
Vic55's Avatar
1494
Rep
4,450
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi R8 V10
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: THE Orange County

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Very nice ! This one and a 720S was on my radar before I ordered the TTS. 720S is killer fast, but the dealer is 7 hours away, not comfortable for 6'3", plus it bring too much attention for me.
Just looking at Ingress, egress, cruising comfort, visibility , etc. how would you compare it to a 991 ?
Hey Tom- Id say for your height the ingress and egress would be more favorable in the P car. The entry height along with a higher roof line and wider opening berth would benefit you. Cruising comfort is close but the NSX has the magnetorheological dampers that just soak up the bullshit on the road. The car is still very taut in sport damper mode but its also very enduring; its very close to the comfort of the R8. The P car does eat up the undulations but not like this car or the R8 and I associate this benefit to the mage ride.
Visibility is where the NSX really shines- there are just no blind spots and even the rear window has a decent line of sight. Honda did a great job here. Its better than the 991 in this regard but... the 991 is just fine.

You already know what happens with performance; the Honda/Acura would fall short in the measurable categories. Now with a tune you see it gets out nicely and runs a decent trap but its still around 3800 lbs and that hurts the numbers considerably. Id call this car more of a check box "want" for me.
__________________
2018 BMW M5 First Edition
2018 Porsche GTS Cabriolet Carmine Red
2017 Audi R8 V10 Suzuka Gray
2016 AMG GTS Edition 1 Selenite Grey
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 2
onfireX51867.50
soooma628.00

      02-11-2019, 10:48 AM   #34
Vic55
Brigadier General
Vic55's Avatar
1494
Rep
4,450
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi R8 V10
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: THE Orange County

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Yes this is pretty much the main benefits (that instant tq response) and a car that can do some straightline damage. That video is more indicative of what a 610 would do to the NSX via trap speed (NSX tuned in the vid). Ill update my thoughts on the tune when I pick it up Monday. I took a flyer on it without track tests but I think that car in the vid you posted was a piggy too. Fabspeed finally claims to have an ecu tune but its 4k or something crazy for the gains. Ill just do a quick plug and play.

There are deals to be had on them as the dealer network, advertising, and price points have never hit the mark.
vtknight

So I have put about 150 miles on the car post piggy and can say its faster car by SOTP feel. Sorry I dont have any empirical data but I have done over 10 runs where I start on an empty road with clear line of sight and my thoughts compared to the M5 with racechip (same road tests) are probably mirrored up with Brooks' runs against the tuned NSX. Where my terminal point is vs the M5 is about 2 mph lower but again its just an eyeball test. Its in that high 10's at 127.xx now vs 3-4 mph slower at stock. Whats even more enjoyable now is that burst in the low speeds which I already liked in OEM format. There is that extra tq burst which the car needed especially over 100 mph. Now when the electrics shut down at 120+ the car still pulls strong.

I think this is really the most Ill get out of the car and thats fine; now Ill just enjoy it for what it is- a good all rounder with some flair!
__________________
2018 BMW M5 First Edition
2018 Porsche GTS Cabriolet Carmine Red
2017 Audi R8 V10 Suzuka Gray
2016 AMG GTS Edition 1 Selenite Grey
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 2
soooma628.00
vtknight662.50

      02-11-2019, 03:58 PM   #35
vtknight
Captain
vtknight's Avatar
663
Rep
822
Posts

Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
vtknight

So I have put about 150 miles on the car post piggy and can say its faster car by SOTP feel. Sorry I dont have any empirical data but I have done over 10 runs where I start on an empty road with clear line of sight and my thoughts compared to the M5 with racechip (same road tests) are probably mirrored up with Brooks' runs against the tuned NSX. Where my terminal point is vs the M5 is about 2 mph lower but again its just an eyeball test. Its in that high 10's at 127.xx now vs 3-4 mph slower at stock. Whats even more enjoyable now is that burst in the low speeds which I already liked in OEM format. There is that extra tq burst which the car needed especially over 100 mph. Now when the electrics shut down at 120+ the car still pulls strong.

I think this is really the most Ill get out of the car and thats fine; now Ill just enjoy it for what it is- a good all rounder with some flair!
Thanks Vic - I think that makes sense with a tune - a couple of (2-3) tenths and a couple of (2-3) MPH. With that bump - is a pretty solid performer - for especially that price point and the exotic look. Very good to know (and congrats!)...

I'm with Onfire though - I think the 991.2 Turbo S is in my future...all round easy ingress/egress/cruiser/performance/ and one day/direct OBDII port tuning (I would not touch it until that is available - I am not taking the ECU out to ship it somewhere). Plus I am really not sure about the new 992 interior (and although I like the outside - more width - not sure about that back end).
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 03:58 PM   #36
soooma
///MD
soooma's Avatar
United_States
628
Rep
3,263
Posts

Drives: M5 F90
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Yes this is pretty much the main benefits (that instant tq response) and a car that can do some straightline damage. That video is more indicative of what a 610 would do to the NSX via trap speed (NSX tuned in the vid). Ill update my thoughts on the tune when I pick it up Monday. I took a flyer on it without track tests but I think that car in the vid you posted was a piggy too. Fabspeed finally claims to have an ecu tune but its 4k or something crazy for the gains. Ill just do a quick plug and play.

There are deals to be had on them as the dealer network, advertising, and price points have never hit the mark.
vtknight

So I have put about 150 miles on the car post piggy and can say its faster car by SOTP feel. Sorry I dont have any empirical data but I have done over 10 runs where I start on an empty road with clear line of sight and my thoughts compared to the M5 with racechip (same road tests) are probably mirrored up with Brooks' runs against the tuned NSX. Where my terminal point is vs the M5 is about 2 mph lower but again its just an eyeball test. Its in that high 10's at 127.xx now vs 3-4 mph slower at stock. Whats even more enjoyable now is that burst in the low speeds which I already liked in OEM format. There is that extra tq burst which the car needed especially over 100 mph. Now when the electrics shut down at 120+ the car still pulls strong.

I think this is really the most Ill get out of the car and thats fine; now Ill just enjoy it for what it is- a good all rounder with some flair!
Thanks for posting!
Like RaceChip but sometimes I feel the car's transmission gets confused when downshifting to a stop and gets jittery! Any thing like that happened with you guys? Had to switch to Sport from Race mode to see whether it made a difference Nd it's some better!
__________________
Life is too short even if you live to be a 100!!
As what really counts is the few moments we are really happy and excited!
-Kids, Family, Success, Career, Helping others stand on their feet, Travel, Seeking the truth, Reading, Hobbies eg M5 -
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 05:30 PM   #37
Vic55
Brigadier General
Vic55's Avatar
1494
Rep
4,450
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi R8 V10
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: THE Orange County

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
Thanks Vic - I think that makes sense with a tune - a couple of (2-3) tenths and a couple of (2-3) MPH. With that bump - is a pretty solid performer - for especially that price point and the exotic look. Very good to know (and congrats!)...

I'm with Onfire though - I think the 991.2 Turbo S is in my future...all round easy ingress/egress/cruiser/performance/ and one day/direct OBDII port tuning (I would not touch it until that is available - I am not taking the ECU out to ship it somewhere). Plus I am really not sure about the new 992 interior (and although I like the outside - more width - not sure about that back end).
I 10000% agree about the 991.2 and its decathlete like prowess. I just sold my 5th Turbo S (991.1 modded) not too long ago so I just wanted to change it up. If I go back to a .2- the first day the ECU will be on its way to Cobb or Sam at ByDesign.

The NSX is a wide fatty at 76 inches too-- I think more than two inches wider than the 991.2 Turbo S.
__________________
2018 BMW M5 First Edition
2018 Porsche GTS Cabriolet Carmine Red
2017 Audi R8 V10 Suzuka Gray
2016 AMG GTS Edition 1 Selenite Grey
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1
vtknight662.50

      02-11-2019, 05:31 PM   #38
Vic55
Brigadier General
Vic55's Avatar
1494
Rep
4,450
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi R8 V10
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: THE Orange County

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Thanks for posting!
Like RaceChip but sometimes I feel the car's transmission gets confused when downshifting to a stop and gets jittery! Any thing like that happened with you guys? Had to switch to Sport from Race mode to see whether it made a difference Nd it's some better!
I have not had ANY issues with my RC--- what you are feeling must be not right.

Why try changing the map modes down to zero *null* and see what happens?
__________________
2018 BMW M5 First Edition
2018 Porsche GTS Cabriolet Carmine Red
2017 Audi R8 V10 Suzuka Gray
2016 AMG GTS Edition 1 Selenite Grey
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1
soooma628.00

      02-11-2019, 05:43 PM   #39
onfireX5
Brigadier General
1868
Rep
3,131
Posts

Drives: F90M5,F85X5M
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Va

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
Thanks Vic - I think that makes sense with a tune - a couple of (2-3) tenths and a couple of (2-3) MPH. With that bump - is a pretty solid performer - for especially that price point and the exotic look. Very good to know (and congrats!)...

I'm with Onfire though - I think the 991.2 Turbo S is in my future...all round easy ingress/egress/cruiser/performance/ and one day/direct OBDII port tuning (I would not touch it until that is available - I am not taking the ECU out to ship it somewhere). Plus I am really not sure about the new 992 interior (and although I like the outside - more width - not sure about that back end).
Currently trying to convince RC and JB4 for a piggy. Both look promising. I should be testing one or both in April.
Appreciate 2
soooma628.00
vtknight662.50

      02-12-2019, 12:00 AM   #40
soooma
///MD
soooma's Avatar
United_States
628
Rep
3,263
Posts

Drives: M5 F90
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC

iTrader: (1)

Honestly I don't even remember what my stock car drove like !! I haven't driven the car once since without RC on! But the transmission while slowing town to a stop with Sport Plus/Sport/Comfort M1 settings and Drive logic 1, it is very unpredictable how it behaves while shifting down! Quite jittery at time with nice blips at times and with none at others! Still enjoying it but when this happens which is a few times a day it makes me nervous and so focused on what's going in, rather than enjoying driving! And it's like the car wants to shift down but something makes it stuck and I used to have drive logic at 2 and it did help some to go down to just 1 but still happens!!
__________________
Life is too short even if you live to be a 100!!
As what really counts is the few moments we are really happy and excited!
-Kids, Family, Success, Career, Helping others stand on their feet, Travel, Seeking the truth, Reading, Hobbies eg M5 -
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 12:24 AM   #41
vtknight
Captain
vtknight's Avatar
663
Rep
822
Posts

Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
I 10000% agree about the 991.2 and its decathlete like prowess. I just sold my 5th Turbo S (991.1 modded) not too long ago so I just wanted to change it up. If I go back to a .2- the first day the ECU will be on its way to Cobb or Sam at ByDesign.

The NSX is a wide fatty at 76 inches too-- I think more than two inches wider than the 991.2 Turbo S.
It is wider. I believe the 991.2 is only 74"? From my research there are some nice benefits to going .2 - and that is at least what I am convincing myself lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Currently trying to convince RC and JB4 for a piggy. Both look promising. I should be testing one or both in April.
And I will be closely following your data points and progress...
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST