BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Having problem with gear

03-21-2020, 08:30 PM   #1
Ishi7778
Registered
Japan
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Having problem with gear

Hi everyone. Few weeks ago i bought the F90 M5 2018 here in Japan. It was involved in an accident and i got to buy cheap. There was the front left brake pipes damaged and shocks and the member also got damaged. I got all the parts and i m working on it. When i bought it, it used to go in gears with no problem. Later since the brake fluid was leaking, putting into gear got bit difficult as pressing brake pedal had a lag. Now i changed the brake pipes with new which i bought from BMW Japan, the gear stopped responding. When i try to put in gear, it says press brake pedal which i m pressing but it does not recognize. Yesterday i needed to move the car so i went down the car and manually released to neutral. What may be the issue here? Would be appreciated for the help. Thank You.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2020, 07:17 AM   #2
Aronis
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

first I thought you were having an actual transmission problem. Just check brake pedal switch. Do brake likes turn on when you push the brake? If not it could be just a switch issue or wire.

Mike

2018 M5 and 2019 Porsche Boxster GTS
Prior. '94 325is, '97 M3 Lux, '16 M2
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 09:17 PM   #3
Ishi7778
Registered
Japan
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Hi Mike,
Thank you for the reply. Yes the brake lights work. Will it be the issue of leaking braking oil or having air in the brake oil?

Best Regards,
Thank You
Good Day!
Appreciate 0